• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breaking News: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona Shot During Public Event in Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash Gordon

my prayers go out to the congresswoman and the others involved. I'm glad they caught the shooter right away.

I read the story on NPR and the comments are already throwing blame at the tea party and gun rights groups.

Last edited:

johnny amish

What a horrible thing to happen. Prayers to all involved.
Hopefully they caught the right wacko who did this.

Interesting thing in the article, it said an automatic weapon was used. I have to question if that is accurate.

CrimsonSoul

I posted on the Arizona forum and I'll post it here too, Fox news is reporting a gun owned in the crowd fired at the gunman. And my speculation is that this act possibly saved more lives

anmut

I posted on the Arizona forum and I'll post it here too, Fox news is reporting a gun owned in the crowd fired at the gunman. And my speculation is that this act possibly saved more lives

Lets hope that's the case. After my initial shock of this shooting my next thought was "well here comes another Brady-esq bill."

What a tragedy - lets keep these victims and the perpetrator in our prayers.

BRAND0N

What a horrible thing to happen. Prayers to all involved.
Hopefully they caught the right wacko who did this.

Interesting thing in the article, it said an automatic weapon was used. I have to question if that is accurate.

The man was 22yr old resident, he used a semi-auto glock 9mm with an extened mag (20rd).

Landose_theghost

From the article:

According to the law enforcement official, the suspect began shouting something before shooting wildly with an automatic weapon. Shots then rang out from the crowd -- a security agent or someone else fired at the suspect who survived.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...n-reportedly-shot-public-event/#ixzz1ATz1KmHf

I'm sure this information will get lightly tossed aside. And I'm sure the spin doctors are going to attack AZ's constitutional carry, that or a fresh new federal high-cap mag ban, For our "safety" of course.

-Landose-

Edit to add- Why is it when stuff like this happends, the anti's start drooling uncontrollably? I mean at the brunt of it all, a person died today and they're just gonna use this as ammo for their anti gun arsenal. Effed up world we live in....effed up world.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Deleted by Citizen. The poster I quoted thought better of his comment and deleted it, so I deleted the material I quoted and my reply against assassinations and in favor of logic and reason.

Last edited:

Gray Rider

Disgusting

To Glock34
Your 2 sentences are contradictory. Not only is the second sentence cold & heartless, but also baseless, un-American , and inappropriate for this forum IMHO. This type of sentiment can only hurt our cause. If I were a Moderator your comment would be deleted.

Last edited:

anmut

Glock34 - I'd ask you to edit your post for the sake of this forum and the cause. That was totally out of line and will only further the stereotypes we have been fighting so long to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.