• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breaking News: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona Shot During Public Event in Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McX

this incident should NOT be taken out of context by the anti's to push for more stringent gun laws. this incident should highlight that the threat exists anywhere, any time, to ALL people. and the ability to carry a firearm and defend yourself is becoming critical in our society. the nut jobs and whackos continue to grow in number, the threat to society continues to grow in numbers. the police are there to hold the line, and we as citizens are there to protect ourselves, those in proximity to us, and help the police to maintain social order, and defeat threats before they become incidents.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Glock34 - I'd ask you to edit your post for the sake of this forum and the cause. That was totally out of line and will only further the stereotypes we have been fighting so long to change.

Edited. But for my edit to have any effect. you will all have to delete your replies.

Yes She was pro 2nd her only good attribute. Will I apologize NO. I really Dislike them to the point that I would rather see them all ( out of a Job ) . Than voting to destroy this country, with Higher taxes, unconstitutional Laws, Force health care on everyone, let 25 million Illegals stay here, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc,etc. Will a terrible incident like this happen again ? I hope not. The Dems would pervert it into a weapon to use against us.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
this incident should NOT be taken out of context by the anti's to push for more stringent gun laws. this incident should highlight that the threat exists anywhere, any time, to ALL people. and the ability to carry a firearm and defend yourself is becoming critical in our society. the nut jobs and whackos continue to grow in number, the threat to society continues to grow in numbers. the police are there to hold the line, and we as citizens are there to protect ourselves, those in proximity to us, and help the police to maintain social order, and defeat threats before they become incidents.

I agree, but you know they will...and Jeri will be first on the Band wagon. If only he would have used a cross bow. The Dems will so USE this event to help along an agenda. she was not a Liberal Dem....If your a Dem & you mostly vote along Liberal Party lines then she was a Lib Dem

Last edited:
M

McX

I agree, but you know they will...and Jeri will be first on the Band wagon. If only he would have used a cross bow.

agreed also glock, we know how this one will roll; it's always the same, with maddening predictability. the left needs to understand it wasnt the gun that realy killed anyone, it was the deluded ideas in that person that killed, and these people, and their distorted views need to be 'dealt with' by society. and until that day occurrs, citizens must carry firearms for their protection. we didnt create society, and the growing problems, we simply react to an ever increasing threat to us as individuals, and society as a whole.

i didnt create this world, dont punish me for trying my best to live in it.

M

McX

the obvious statement must be made here, for all to see: had even one Open Carrier, or concealed carrier been in proximity to this event, it could have turned out very differently.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
the obvious statement must be made here, for all to see: had even one Open Carrier, or concealed carrier been in proximity to this event, it could have turned out very differently.

I agree 100% but it was a reception of liberal democrats and they would prefer the Law abiding be disarmed. so they actually in retrospect allowed the event to take place. They will make good use of this event, they will have to avenge her senseless death.

jpm84092

Thoughts & Prayers

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims of this "unstable" man and I pray that those who survived recover fully and go on to lead good and fulfilling lives.

And I pray that people throughout our great Nation realize that further restriction on firearms will not prevent this sort of tragic event, but rather insure that more like it will occur.

anmut

I agree, but you know they will...and Jeri will be first on the Band wagon. If only he would have used a cross bow. The Dems will so USE this event to help along an agenda. Some guy from FL said she was not a Liberal Dem....If your a Dem & you mostly vote along Liberal Party lines then she was a Lib Dem

Absolutely. We are going to need more facts. If we find it was a private citizen that fired back that will only work in our favor. And really, after the congresswoman recovers, and assuming she recovers fully, it will be her views that will either make or break further laws on gun control.

If she gets out of the hospital in a few weeks and holds a press conference and doesn't blame the gun for what happened to her, it could be the strongest case we have.

But politics aside - what I would really like to see is for the media to respect the injured and allow the families to mourn their losses and not turn this in a Us v. Them argument.

Last edited:

anmut

No problem at all, I didn't mean to aggravate everyone. Did i intend to make an inflammatory posts no, sometimes I call it the way I see it & I have to remember I can't speak my mind here.

Yes I'm the same way and totally understand. We just have to be mindful and assume that anything ever written on this forum could be pulled out as evidence against the OC cause. Unfortunately the internet doesn't provide it's own filter. :)

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims of this "unstable" man and I pray that those who survived recover fully and go on to lead good and fulfilling lives.

And I pray that people throughout our great Nation realize that further restriction on firearms will not prevent this sort of tragic event, but rather insure that more like it will occur.

Agree 100% .

paul@paul-fisher.com

I believe a concealed carrier was one of the people that tackled the shooter. I saw it on CNN. Can't find it at the time.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
No matter what this guys motive was, how or where he got the gun, if an armed citizen tried to stop the perp.
The Brady Bunch, VPC, Joyce foundation, WAVE, and all these other anti-rights orgs are going to try their hardest to disarm law-abiding citizens even further, and guarantee that this type of incident will be more commonplace.

I bet there are people within the orgs that I mentioned who are drooling on themselves right now because they have already thought of ways to spin this incident to forward their twisted ways.

Spartacus

Banned

Conversely an untrained individual could have shot himself in the ass or injured or killed other innocent bystanders in his adrenalin fueled attempt to inflict justice.

The shooting was probably over in a matter of seconds anyway and most there would have been frozen in fear until it stopped.

These incidents will become more and more common in a failing society so get used to it.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Conversely an untrained individual could have shot himself in the ass or injured or killed other innocent bystanders in his adrenalin fueled attempt to inflict justice.

The shooting was probably over in a matter of seconds anyway and most there would have been frozen in fear until it stopped.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.