• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'er at Trator Supply, Walmart and Cracker Barrel

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I went to Tractor Supply this evening to check the prices for seed. (I'll stick with the Coop and my farmers discount)...and ran into an OC'er. Turns out he is a Fireman from Richmond.

He was upset that the City policy didn't allow carry. I don't know if that violates Preemption or not????

Anyway, he told me Walmart was posted in Mechanicsville. That didn't make sense because I carry there all the time. I grabbed a camera and went over there. No signs and when I talked to the girl at the door she not only knew the policy but the law. OC is OK, CC with a permit.

Then I decided to go to Cracker Barrel. Aside from their usual weak coffee, no problems, no signs no issues.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Yes, state/municipal entities may regulate employee behavior, on and off the job. There are some limits, but as a broad example government can prohibit certain occupational fields (police, fire, EMT. other medical) from all use of any tobacco. It's called a BFOQ (bona fide occupational qualification).

I'm just not sure they can limit off-duty firearms use. Especially based on Heller/McDonald.

stay safe.

nova

Yes, state/municipal entities may regulate employee behavior, on and off the job. There are some limits, but as a broad example government can prohibit certain occupational fields (police, fire, EMT. other medical) from all use of any tobacco. It's called a BFOQ (bona fide occupational qualification).

I'm just not sure they can limit off-duty firearms use. Especially based on Heller/McDonald.

stay safe.
They can regulate off-duty carry, for instance, a local LEA does not allow officers to OC off-duty...requires them to carry concealed.