• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help - between a rock and a hard place

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
A young man from Maine has found himself between the proverbial rock and a hard place and now needs our help. His goal was to OC properly and legally w/o attracting undo attention. A local police office saw it differently and chose to make an example of him.

Go to the link below for comments and to offer your support.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?92848-Alert-Maine-rights-attacked-legal-funds-needed!&p=1575004#post1575004

Thanks to all who donated to this great cause! As you can see, your donations have been refunded. This is because the DA chose not to prosecute. Congrats Xander!

MKEgal

shanebelanger said:
process takes about 4 weeks. They think that they can still run it through their systems which I doubt they can.
Since the charge was dropped, & it takes maybe a couple minutes to run a serial # check, there's no reason he can't pick up his property today.

PiercedMaineOC

I see Shane already broke the good news! Yes, my firearms are back where they belong, in the gear room and in the bed stand (rifle and pistol respectively).
At the time when I was told it would be 4 weeks to get my guns back, I chose not to pursue the matter in a legal sense, as filling out the paper work and waiting was part of the steps to getting them back. I didn't like it, but was willing to play along. That's who I am. I know some would would chose to take a different tact and pressed the matter in a legal snse, but that was mine, and I feel it worked out for me in the in end, as it was all of a week that I needed to wait.
As with all of this, it has been a learning experience, and I am more educated now than before.
I'm happy to have my firearms back, and that overall, this worked out fairly smoothly.
My next steps are applying for my CCW permit, and as always, continuing to educate myself and others if I can.
Thanks for all of your support, everyone!

X

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I see Shane already broke the good news! Yes, my firearms are back where they belong, in the gear room and in the bed stand (rifle and pistol respectively).
At the time when I was told it would be 4 weeks to get my guns back, I chose not to pursue the matter in a legal sense, as filling out the paper work and waiting was part of the steps to getting them back. I didn't like it, but was willing to play along. That's who I am. I know some would would chose to take a different tact and pressed the matter in a legal snse, but that was mine, and I feel it worked out for me in the in end, as it was all of a week that I needed to wait.
As with all of this, it has been a learning experience, and I am more educated now than before.
I'm happy to have my firearms back, and that overall, this worked out fairly smoothly.
My next steps are applying for my CCW permit, and as always, continuing to educate myself and others if I can.
Thanks for all of your support, everyone!

X

Great news. Good to hear!!! I hope you stay active on OCDO in the future.