• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Officer's..

mach1chris

I'd like to run into more of these Unicorns, instead of the other thing.

Im sure you already run into them or have in the past, but you run into one that give's you a hard time or says something to you and your just like **** all of them and their all bad.

Last edited:

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Mach1Chris,

I have taught Criminal Justice in many of the local colleges in Miami. Many of my friends and colleagues are police officers, and I'm currently suing on behalf of an officer who has been wrongfully defamed, harassed, stalked, and even put through an IA investigation by a truly vile "jewel" of our society. At the gun shops where I hang out, I have learned more from cops about self-defense than you could ever learn as a soldier, or anywhere else.

Whenever I have an Intro, a Procedure, or a CJ Communications class, I tell the kids that they're about to learn Criminal Justice from the "other" perspective, that of the Criminal Defense Attorney. My officer friends often come in and tell the students: "hey, whatever you learn in his class, forget it by tomorrow because we're going to teach you the truth." Despite my love and affection for quite a few officers and CJ colleagues,
I have personally experienced cases where officers:

1. Have written "20 small plants of marijuana, about one pound each" on the A-form, and then had the suspect charged with 154 pounds because the officers had just made a prior arrest and the arrestee "cooperated," so they had to pin the prior drugs on someone; no pictures were taken, no video was taken, and "permission" was obtained via duress and coercion. The evidence was then promptly destroyed, although a motion to preserve had been made. They somehow found another judge, another PD, and another ASA to acquiesce to their request to destroy, despite the prior motion.

2. Write that they found a baggie of cocaine "in plain view" when the baggie was inside the glove compartment, and the car (a pretty damn nice car) was subsequently torn up and destroyed by some pretty sharp knives.

3. Make an arrest upon a domestic violence VICTIM because she failed to give the officer back the pen in time, and when she did the pen grazed the officer's hand and fell to the floor (battery on a LEO, which as you know carries a min/man). She was 4'11"; he was 6'1". There were no "injuries" and no pictures.

4. Arrest a suspect for having a gun "in plain view," although the gun was "securely encased" and there were credible witnesses to attest to the fact inside the car; the zip-bag that the gun was in mysteriously disappeared; the intake vids, however, showed the officers carrying the gun in the zip bag.

5. Arrest a suspect for being .04, when the underlying charge was speeding (about 70 on a 55), not driving a car in a messed-up manner.

6. Tell a mother (also a DV victim) that if she did not give signed consent for them to enter, they would come back with the state and take her children away (although the victimizer was already long-gone, since it took them more than 40 minutes to get there after the call).

7. Arrest someone who had just returned from Afghanistan for exposure, although he was fully covered by the passenger's door and the only person who was witnessing as he was taking a leak by the side of the interstate was his wife (a conviction for that charge places you on the sexual predator list for life). This guy just came back from a war.

I can give you dozens of these: all of the above are my cases. Most have been dismissed; the rest have been acquitted at trial.

State officers have a bad reputation because of atrocities like these. It sucks, but officers have the same awful reputation as lawyers because there are more than just a few bad apples out there (in both professions). I hope to see you at the gun show today.

77zach

Mach1Chris,

State officers have a bad reputation because of atrocities like these. It sucks, but officers have the same awful reputation as lawyers because there are more than just a few bad apples out there (in both professions). I hope to see you at the gun show today.

And no one should argue that point. Cops come from the general population. There is a lot of scum in the world. There are a lot of terrible people who are bar tenders and doctors and engineers also. Further, the state is more unaccountable, has more perverse incentives, and will necessarily draw people who are eager to use that badge as leverage over others.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Im sure you already run into them or have in the past, but you run into one that give's you a hard time or says something to you and your just like **** all of them and their all bad.

Absolutely untrue. Everyone is an individual. Yes, my experiences have biased me to be more cautios when dealing with a LEO, but I make no judgements until I have evidence of each individual. We all bleed red.

GIdeon_70

not the badge.

look at it this way. lets say you get up in the morning, have coffee, shower dress etc. then you go to work KNOWING that 99.9% of the people you will encounter, are horrible, vile , rude, insulting and sometimes murderious scum. who will try to take your life from you instantly apon you speaking to them.

now imagine dealing with those people all day. getting called, a pig, pork, and hundreds of other names all day. you barely ever get thanked for risking your life but you still do it.

then add what they see, murders, rapes, abductions, assaults, corpses, brainmatter, guts, blood every day? that stuff never leaves you.

so take all that into account then think.........what mood would YOU be in lol

not all cops are good. but not all are Aholes because they have a badge, when you see an officer, remember that you have NO clue what call he just came from, what he just saw, what lifeless body he may have just held as it slipped away infront of him. if he got punched, shot at, chewed out. you may be on your way to walmart, and be in a great mood..........but if you had his job, you may be a little corse as well ;-)

Sorry, after being invovled with them on a personal/professional/legal basis, I know that some officers are better than others, some are worse. They ARE a good'ole boy club so if you mess with one, you mess with them all. That said...

Police are not good, nor are they bad. They are the enforcer Branch of the Judicial System. That is the basis of their jobs, their authority, and their power. They are no longer "Peace Officers," and they are not your friend, and will never be your friend. They are the enforcer branch of the Judicial System. I know, I said it twice, but I need it to be clear.

Police are the civilian version of a standing army in our country. They are under the authority of the government, and answer to that same government - not to the people. They oversee themselves! If you ever have a problem with them, be aware of this, they oversee themselves. The inquiry will be conducted by a police officer, and the final result will be final. Oh, you can sue in civil court, and some do and win, but THAT court is ALSO the same branch of government and the police department is part of that court. While they are ruling on your case, a police officer stands guard, a police officer admits you to the building, and the judge himself can be considered a police officer.

I'm not downing the men and women of the police departments, in general they are exceptional people... but the system of internal oversight is a dangerous one, and it will eventually need to be addressed by civilian oversight of the entire department. Why? The police were once peace officers, now they are more military then peace. Eventually, and you can count on this, eventually they will turn on us or be turned on us, and then we will be in serious deep poop. They are far better trained, far better armed, and I've even seen them assault people in a huge crowd and shrug off the complaints. After all, they themselves handle processing the complaints - and they are dangerous to liberty and dangerous to freedom as it stands now.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Police are the civilian version of a standing army in our country. They are under the authority of the government, and answer to that same government - not to the people. They oversee themselves! If you ever have a problem with them, be aware of this, they oversee themselves. The inquiry will be conducted by a police officer, and the final result will be final. Oh, you can sue in civil court, and some do and win, but THAT court is ALSO the same branch of government and the police department is part of that court. While they are ruling on your case, a police officer stands guard, a police officer admits you to the building, and the judge himself can be considered a police officer.

I'm not downing the men and women of the police departments, in general they are exceptional people... but the system of internal oversight is a dangerous one, and it will eventually need to be addressed by civilian oversight of the entire department. Why? The police were once peace officers, now they are more military then peace. Eventually, and you can count on this, eventually they will turn on us or be turned on us, and then we will be in serious deep poop. They are far better trained, far better armed, and I've even seen them assault people in a huge crowd and shrug off the complaints. After all, they themselves handle processing the complaints - and they are dangerous to liberty and dangerous to freedom as it stands now.

I love you man!

However, if you check up on Officer.com, you'll see they've already openly declared war against We the People. To pretend they haven't is folly.

mach1chris

It's pretty clear how you civilian's think of the men and women that are the one's that are responsible for protecting you're neighborhood's, and keeping this nation from becoming completely out of control.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's pretty clear how you civilian's think of the men and women that are the one's that are responsible for protecting you're neighborhood's, and keeping this nation from becoming completely out of control.

Hmmmm, I didn't see a police officer outside my house last night protecting me and my family while we slept. In fact, I haven't seen a police car drive down my street in the last year. Let's get over the myth that the police are here to protect us. They are here to enforce laws. They have no obligation to protect us. If they were protecting us, the True Tales of Self Defense thread would be empty. Get real. The only person responsible for protecting you is you. I like how you hate the generalizations about police officers being made here but you make one about civilians and that's okay. By the way, none of the uses of the letter "s" in your post require apostrophes.

Last edited:

77zach

They are far better trained, far better armed, .

Maybe in New York city. If martial law was declared tomorrow where I live, I think I'd be calling in sick if I were on the SWAT team. Then I'd start looking for a new job.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

I'm always amazed how LEOs think they are the ones doing this stuff. Who died and made you God?

LEOs don't protect anyone from anything. They draw chalk outlines and try to figure it out after it's too late.

We the People protect ourselves. Or, at least we should.

I don't repsect anyone who tries to make a hero of himself by claiming that he is some special fearless protector. What next, a cape? Claiming that you're bulletproof? You cannot protect another person who chooses not to protect themselves. you can't do it. It's absolutely impossible. You're not an omnipotent superman. You're a human being, just like me, and that guy, and that guy way over there. You can't do anything we can't do. You are not special. You are not superhuman. Your 'training' is not a big deal. Most of us far exceed it just for fun.

LEOs don't protect anything, and the SCOTUS no less, has repeatedly afirmed that it is impossible to expect them to because they are not supermen. Thus, leading to the same SCOTUS opinions that they are not responsible for anyone's safety, or obligated to provide for it.

No one can ratioanly be responsible for the safety of another. We take responsibility for ourselves, or we roll the dice. That's the real world.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Hold up, I thought the police were civilians too. Are you part of an occupying army or something?

You're not born until you're sworn.

Think they could get the "your" and "you're" right if I hadn't just spelled it out?

The Illiterate Elite. It's a common thread in more than you realize. Those who dominate others for a living, usually rise to the top; and they do it becasue they're too stupid to understand or do anything else. Intelligent people realize that dominating others is a sign of mental defficiency and hate towards the freedom of others. We don't do that crap. So, as usuall, he who stoops lowest, reaps the greatest rewards...

Freedom is Choice, Choice is Love. Domination eliminates all of it. Lonely animals, those at the top...

Last edited:

mach1chris

You're not born until you're sworn.

Think they could get the "your" and "you're" right if I hadn't just spelled it out?

The Illiterate Elite. It's a common thread in more than you realize. Those who dominate others for a living, usually rise to the top; and they do it becasue they're too stupid to understand or do anything else. Intelligent people realize that dominating others is a sign of mental defficiency and hate towards the freedom of others. We don't do that crap. So, as usuall, he who stoops lowest, reaps the greatest rewards...

Freedom is Choice, Choice is Love. Domination eliminates all of it. Lonely animals, those at the top...

don't resist....

77zach

don't resist....

I hate our current statist system, but since we're stuck with it, I'm glad you're with the state police, Chris. You're what, 23? You're into the 2nd amendment and comment on this forum. That means you're probably smarter and more moral than most of your colleagues, even if they're decades older than you. I hope there are many more people like you in the troopers. Maybe you will be in charge over there someday.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
don't resist....

You doing the right thing, instead of what most cops do?

Sure, I'm all for it. Not only will I not resist, I'll help you out if I can.

Cross the line into the 'traitor zone' and I'll meet you with all the violent, bloody resistance I can muster. It just ain't worth it. You want to go home at night, right?

And yes, I know about the "research" you've done. The walls have ears...

mach1chris

I hate our current statist system, but since we're stuck with it, I'm glad you're with the state police, Chris. You're what, 23? You're into the 2nd amendment and comment on this forum. That means you're probably smarter and more moral than most of your colleagues, even if they're decades older than you. I hope there are many more people like you in the troopers. Maybe you will be in charge over there someday.

yea, maybe someday...

mach1chris

You doing the right thing, instead of what most cops do?

Sure, I'm all for it. Not only will I not resist, I'll help you out if I can.

Cross the line into the 'traitor zone' and I'll meet you with all the violent, bloody resistance I can muster. It just ain't worth it. You want to go home at night, right?

And yes, I know about the "research" you've done. The walls have ears...

you are asking me if I want to go home at night?... You serious?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
you are asking me if I want to go home at night?... You serious?

Do you attack a cornered animal?

Americans have their backs to the wall, nowhere left to run. How much more abuse do you think they're/we're going to take?

I'm only pointing out the inevitable conclusion of the warpath against America and We the People that LEOs seem to be on.

Ever heard of Jury Nullification? What if a Cop let 'it' slide because he had more Respect for the Constitution and the people he's supposed to be serving, than Fear of getting Fired?

That would be a 'good' Cop. Let me know when you find him.

IT's easy to do the right thing when nobody is watching. Those tempted to do otherwise are tragically failed human beings. What is really hard is doing the Right thing when everyone is watching, and you know the outcome will be ugly for you. It comes down to selfishness, and tyrants count on it. Lose the selfishness, they can't control you anymore.

When LEOs go around picking fights with people for no reason, and you know it happens, they're going to pick on someone whom they've already taken everything from, who has nothing left to lose. In times like these, where their partners in crime, Legislators, have increased the number of people in that position higher than ever in the history of this nation... Being a bully is risky business. If selfishness is all they understand, they need to cross a few of these cornered animals they've been victimizing with their bloated paychecks.

There is no training for that. Why not just be a decent human being instead? Sure, the Courtroom will back you up. But if you never get that far, is the ego tripping worth it?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

I think we're getting dangerously close to seeing a sniper that exclusively targets LEOs. And the LEOs will have earned it many times over. Were I a lesser man, I would have done it myself 10 years ago. The line is crossed. Way crossed.

Sitting perfectly still at your favorite speed trap; pop. How far do LEOs think they can push We the People before that starts happening on a regular basis? You're trained to attack people and subdue them. You're not trained to look over your shoulder forever.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
127814606985.jpg