• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Open Carry Chili Cook Off Picnic Oct. 2nd noon

scot623

Join MOC for our fall Chili Cook Off Picnic! Everyone thinks their chili is the best...now it's time to find out who's reigns supreme! Bring your chili in a crock pot, the pavilion will have power to keep it hot. If chili isn't your thing, please feel free to bring another dish to pass. We will be in the west pavilion starting at noon.

And for all you Lions fans like me, we will have the Lions-Cowboys game on the radio. Open carry, chili and Lions football...how's that for a fall afternoon?

5460 Arden Avenue
Warren, MI 48092

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1C...ed=0CDoQngIwAw

Attachments

• Chili-Cook-Off.jpg
    Chili-Cook-Off.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 80

TheShadow

Thanks for the post. I'll see if I can make it, I usually work on Sunday's but I may just be feeling "sick" that day. :rolleyes:

TheSzerdi

gerr im always working for these get togethers

I'm always just finishing a 12 hour shift when these start, so I feel your pain. I'll sleep when I'm dead!
icon6.png

scot623

The forecast this weekend looks awesome! Sunny and 60 on Sunday. I will provide all bowls, spoons, napkins and some bottled water. I look forward to seeing a lot of you there. Lions go 4-0?? We shall see.

Last edited:

sprinklerguy28

I will be there early around 11:30am. I will be hanging the MOC banner on the pavilion around 9:30 before I go to church. My church(very 2a friendly, www.paradoxchurch.com) is held in the auditorium of the community center that shares the parking lot with the park.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Good times, good times.

We (our family) had a nice time. Thanks for the warm welcome Master Control [you, pumpkin-cuker, you ;) per - Lady Liberty].

In the neighborhood of twenty"ish" folks made it out by my quick count. I had hoped to see HamanEggs & EvilCreamsicle, maybe next time guys?

- G9OS

malignity

We didn't actually have a competition to speak of. There were roughly 20-30 people, we had 5 types.

Scott brought venison chili
Randy brought tequila elk chili
Rob brought turkey chili
Randy's 'friend' brought turkey(?) chili
Another gentleman (i forget his name, forgive me) brought some beef/pork chili
GlockOS9mm brought hot dogs and a grill
I brought hot sauces, including a specialty fire sauce which only one person was brave enough to try.
We had other people bring other goodies too. Was a good deal overall.

All of the food was absolutely fantastic.