• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So....Who's gonna OC in their vehicle @ 12:01 Nov 1?

WisconsinPI

No school zones for me on the way to work or back. Nice living in the boonies. Probably should try to find my license plate registration stickers though first to help avoid any unwanted enforcer contacts.

YES! small infractions are the number one reason large incidents or finds occur, always be current and obey every traffic law, or they'll have a reason. I was pulled over once, and they thought i had been drinking, so i played into it hardcore to see what would happen, in the end, they had an officer drive my car the block to my house, because although i wasn't drunk, me playing into it had him convinced i was on drugs, this was back before i would've thought of some kinda lawsuit, I got a huge kick out of it, they were so confused.

BROKENSPROKET

YES! small infractions are the number one reason large incidents or finds occur, always be current and obey every traffic law, or they'll have a reason. I was pulled over once, and they thought i had been drinking, so i played into it hardcore to see what would happen, in the end, they had an officer drive my car the block to my house, because although i wasn't drunk, me playing into it had him convinced i was on drugs, this was back before i would've thought of some kinda lawsuit, I got a huge kick out of it, they were so confused.

No alcohol, they could not charge with Operating While Intoxicated which has a prohibited BAC% attached to it.

So, they did not arrest you for Driving while Under the Influence? They didn't do a uranalysis or blood draw? If the officer was convinced(RAS) that you were on drugs, he had PC to arrest you. Driving while under the infuence of drugs is illegal.

If you were playing into it, I doubt you would have any chance of winning a lawsuit. I understand your motive to see what they would. Unless you could prove that is was a random stop or that you were profiled, you have no basis for a law suit.

I have crossed the center line with a cop behind me before to see what they would do. Checked for signs of intoxication, and ran DL to check for suspensions, revocations and for warrants. Standard Procedure. I was given a verbal warning, which could have been a ticket, for Unsafe Lane Deviation.

MKEgal

Carried from the time I got dressed 'til the time I left the car in the parking garage downtown (going to a city building to do depositions all day... quite interesting, though my tongue is now almost pierced from biting it so much).
Then in reverse on the way home.
Am carrying now, heading to a meeting (yes, I'm stopped @ a SBUX to compute).
Can't carry in that building 'cause it belongs to UW-Milwaukee.
Then will carry on the way home.
Planning to go to the range tomorrow, OC all the way.

Old Grump

Yes, I didn't OC off the homestead before because I am disabled and have a hard time standing without hanging onto a crutch or cane. Bending over to reach into the car is painful so it wasn't an easy thing for me to do, especially driving around town going to various stops. Now I can just strap it on and forget about it. Only one school zone in my town, it's not near the business district and I know where it is so no jurisdiction problems for me

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Yes, I didn't OC off the homestead before because I am disabled and have a hard time standing without hanging onto a crutch or cane. Bending over to reach into the car is painful so it wasn't an easy thing for me to do, especially driving around town going to various stops. Now I can just strap it on and forget about it. Only one school zone in my town, it's not near the business district and I know where it is so no jurisdiction problems for me

Just a thought based on the "concealed" part of the argument:

Are you otherwise able to apply for a permit? In other words, do you have the required proof of training? If you were to keep that with you, permit or not, it may be
another thing to add to your defense in the case that you are arrested due to the case law of State V. Walls. What I'm saying is if all that's keeping you from having a permit is the actual application process, I'd think it would seem pretty asinine to be convicted for not having the piece of plastic. Definitely Malum Prohibitum.

Like I said, just a thought and IANAL.

Outdoorsman1

I have been OC’ing loaded and holstered on my hip since Nov. 1 very early AM, and I will continue to OC in my vehicle even with the CC License. I have discovered that while in the vehicle in a seated position, drawing the firearm is difficult to say the least (yes I practiced that). And with the seat belt / shoulder strap on, the shoulder strap covers the holster and part of the firearm making draw practically impossible. I was able to move the strap behind the grip of the firearm which made draw similar to drawing without the seat belt on… So..

I have decided to mount a spare holster in the vehicle which would allow easy (fast) draw while seated in the vehicle. This holster will be my firearm’s home whenever I am in the vehicle. When I am leaving the vehicle I will simply draw and put the firearm in the (empty) holster that is on my hip from the time I get up until the time I go to bed. As far as keeping the firearm in the vehicle if I ever have to go into a location that is deemed illegal by the law, I will also be mounting a lock box to the vehicle as well.

There has already been a thread about this but it was geared more toward mounting on top of the dash to be legal based on case law.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?95220-Mounting-holster-in-vehilce.

As soon as I figure out where and how, I will post some pic’s

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Old Grump

Just a thought based on the "concealed" part of the argument:

Are you otherwise able to apply for a permit? In other words, do you have the required proof of training? If you were to keep that with you, permit or not, it may be
another thing to add to your defense in the case that you are arrested due to the case law of State V. Walls. What I'm saying is if all that's keeping you from having a permit is the actual application process, I'd think it would seem pretty asinine to be convicted for not having the piece of plastic. Definitely Malum Prohibitum.

Like I said, just a thought and IANAL.
Not a felon, mentally stable, don't drink or do drugs, Was shooting at All Navy level on active duty, (rifle and pistol). I shot and competed at All Army in the reserves and was team captain and coach of my battalions pistol team. I taught marksmanship to police and deputy Sheriff's so I think I am qualified and eligible. It helps knowing and being friendly with a lot of the police and deputies in my area even though they weren't students of mine.

Sigh, last of my students retired from the Sheriff's department about 4 or 5 years ago and that kid was a Grandpa already. I done went over the hill and I don't even remember seeing a hill.