• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC More Than One Weapon At Same Time?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I think it is a good idea. A lot of times I only have one, but a lot of times I have a concealed or or openly carried backup gun or an openly carried knife too.

tabigarasu

Since we're 'Civilians'

I think it is a good idea. A lot of times I only have one, but a lot of times I have a concealed or or openly carried backup gun or an openly carried knife too.

You've got to think about what your local DA's attitude is going to be. I'm in the St. Louis area. If I have to shoot someone in St. Louis County, I only want one legal weapon. In most other counties, they won't even blink at a backup gun and might even ignore the knife. Maximus has the right idea in that he's flexible about what and when he carries it.

Backup guns and blades are for when you're losing the fight.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Backup guns and blades are for when you're losing the fight.

This is a truism.

I normally OC just one pistol. When I walk the woods with my dogs, I throw on a shoulder holster under my jacket. It is handy, in this case, to have a bug w/black talons for the beasties in the woods

45acpForMe

<snip> Backup guns and blades are for when you're losing the fight.

Well if you are losing it doesn't mean you lost yet. I would rather be losing and come out on top because of my BUG than have my family bury me.

As with everything else there are tradeoffs and it is a personel decision how much and what to carry.

If the world gets really bad to the point that I would consider double-OC normal, my primary would change to a rifle. In the mean time my BUG (45acp) rides in my pocket. :)

Karl

I've never carried in any manner...yet.

I'm just here trying to gather information & ideas on how to do it from folks who know far more about carry than I do.

I never even considered multiple guns. I'd do my best to stay the hell away from any area where I felt so endangered as to need multiple firearms. It's most unfortunate such areas exist.

Xulld

I'm just here trying to gather information & ideas on how to do it from folks who know far more about carry than I do.

I never even considered multiple guns. I'd do my best to stay the hell away from any area where I felt so endangered as to need multiple firearms. It's most unfortunate such areas exist.

More about the situation than the area. At any time, in any place you could end up disarmed, sometimes its stupid things. I personally do not carry a BUG, heck with my back just the weight of my G26 gets my back hurting after a bit, but I definitely see the potential for it to be needed.

Some day I will convince myself to pick up a tiny kel tec or equivalent.

Coltman151

Personally I think OC'ing two firearms is a little bit.... Overkill. It might come from living in the sticks where crime is, to say the least, low. I agree that if you need to carry two, the OC and CC route is the best. (I speak for TN where one permit does both)

However, If i knew I were going into a situation with an extremely high chance of being attacked, two OC wouldn't sound so far to me. Then it would be a tactical choice to carry both where I could access them the fastest.

copper top

Personal choice is oc primary and cc bug. But when the officer hands you back your primary and tells you to wait till he leaves to reload it dont ask why? my other one is still loaded. Lmao they may not like that response. At least officer Swain didnt care for it. (He was well known to me) but still the look on his face was priceless.

i would carry extra mag, not an extra gun. if you need two guns in a firefight you should be running away if you cant stop a threat with the rounds your gun holds and your spare mag.

chammer

When I know I'm going to be shooting several of my guns, it's easier to transport using my SWAT-like vest and belt with thigh holster. So I will have my G19 on my thigh, .38 snub on my hip, and the P22 in the rib holster on the vest itself. With extra mags, cell phone, wallet, etc in the various other pockets on the vest. I use a bookbag as my range bag right now, and trips like that the bookbag is filled with ammo, eyes, ears, misc other crap so it doesn't leave much room for the farms inside of cases.

I know I must look like a tacti-cool retard walking into 7-11 or Five Guys to grab a drink and/or lunch before/after the trip, but eh...it's functional so whatever lol. :banana:

That's usually the only time I have more than one firearm on me, however. I've been considering a G26 or something of the like as a BUG, but it's not high on my priority list right now. The G19 with or without an extra mag is my usual EDC.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Fully loaded Glock on one side, nice bowie on the other gives balance and style

When I know I'm going to be shooting several of my guns, it's easier to transport using my SWAT-like vest and belt with thigh holster. So I will have my G19 on my thigh, .38 snub on my hip, and the P22 in the rib holster on the vest itself. With extra mags, cell phone, wallet, etc in the various other pockets on the vest. I use a bookbag as my range bag right now, and trips like that the bookbag is filled with ammo, eyes, ears, misc other crap so it doesn't leave much room for the farms inside of cases.

I know I must look like a tacti-cool retard walking into 7-11 or Five Guys to grab a drink and/or lunch before/after the trip, but eh...it's functional so whatever lol. :banana:

That's usually the only time I have more than one firearm on me, however. I've been considering a G26 or something of the like as a BUG, but it's not high on my priority list right now. The G19 with or without an extra mag is my usual EDC.

An edged tool is useful in so many ways that a firearm is not. A gun on one side an an edged tool, be it bowie, other sheath knife, hatchet, or machete, give one balance and a nice set of options.

An edged tool is useful in so many ways that a firearm is not. A gun on one side an an edged tool, be it bowie, other sheath knife, hatchet, or machete, give one balance and a nice set of options.

i dont leave my house without a nice knife on me, i think a gun and a knife your set. no need for 2 guns extra mags, knifes, all that is going to put alot of extra lbs on you and pretty soon your pants will just fall off every two min from all of it. what i carry is 1 gun 1 extra mag (50/50) and one knife. im pretty sure if i need 2 guns, 2-4 mags, a knife i would run away from the threat.

Hevymetal

I live a little North of Detroit myself and as of late I acquired a new primary OC gun Sig 229 (15+1) and have been carrying my BUG a Sig 230 (6+1), which used to be my primary when I didn't OC much. I carry it concealed in the small of my back. However here in MI we have some weird carry laws. We have conceal free zones (school, hospital, daycare etc.) that you can OC with a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) So it requires a little more forethought to unconceal my BUG and shift it to weak side for crossdraw to make sure you do not accidently conceal in violation of the law.

Having the BUG in my back has become too comfortable and I sometimes forget I even have it hehe. But wearing a dual OC rig day to day is a bit too cumbersome for me personally. When I goto Detroit proper I will carry 2-3 weapons and sometimes an extra mag or 2 depending on the circumstances.

As for blades, they never need reloading :) but I won't rely on my 3" folding Gerber pocket knife for defense.

Hevy

Xulld

Well to pick a nit. Areas are not really dangerous in the sense that we are talking about. People are, and last I checked they can get around pretty well.

cmdr_iceman71

Holy smokes, that's some weight. Have any pics you can share of your edc stuff? Are they the FNXs or FNPs?

Yes, I'll be the first to admit it is some weight but such is the price for moving about in Detroit. And to answer your second question, they are both FNP-45s.

Attachments

• opencarry_tools_the_twins_full_rig.jpg
    opencarry_tools_the_twins_full_rig.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 177

carsontech

Activist Member
Yes, I'll be the first to admit it is some weight but such is the price for moving about in Detroit. And to answer your second question, they are both FNP-45s.

Nice! I wish I had your money.

I've never seen anyone wear two full size pistols and a vest before, so I'm kind of in disbelief.

Have you had any negative encounters when your wearing that rig?

I'm sure some statist will come in here and call you paranoid and then state that no one needs to carry more than one gun. My response to them is, "worry about your own lives."

you must have a bigger frame then me because me being 160 - 170 id fall over with all of that on me. if your area is that ruff why dont you move away? i know IL is not the best place to live, hell come to wisconsin lol.

also to ware armor what did you have to do to get that? i remember someone telling me that you need some sort of permit to buy body armor. i could be wrong though

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--i remember someone telling me that you need some sort of permit to buy body armor. i could be wrong though

13. Is it legal for civilians to buy Body Armor?
In general, yes - for law-abiding folks. A felony conviction makes possession of Body Armor illegal under federal law and in many states.
We have had civilian clients with many different civilian needs for Body Armor so we understand the need for vests for civilians. Our policy is to only sell to law-abiding adults who have a lawful purpose for Body Armor. (A parent or guardian may buy for a minor with a legitimate need.)
Residents of Connecticut are prohibited from buying Body Armor unless the sale is face to face (or unless the buyer is a police officer, Police Department, or military). We can't ship to Connecticut, or even accept credit cards billed there...
We cannot ship to residents of Connecticut
who are not police or military.
Some states are considering new legislation to prohibit or restrict sales of Body Armor to civilians, e.g., New York.

http://www.bulletproofme.com/Quick_Answers.shtml

http://www.ehow.com/about_5450071_bulletproof-vest-laws.html