• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Picnic/Walk Multnomah County.

BadMoon Risin68

Sadly many of us are effected by five commisioners that deem us unworthy of our rights as Americans. I would love to see a huge group of people get out and exercise this right one last time before this is either repealed. It would be an a great way to show our local state and federal government the people that they are truly effecting with this horrible decision.

I am not the best at organizing events or get together's, so I thought I'd ask everyone what they would do or not do. I think it is important that This happens before the May 25th date.

Thank you all for your time.

hermannr

Sadly many of us are effected by five commisioners that deem us unworthy of our rights as Americans. I would love to see a huge group of people get out and exercise this right one last time before this is either repealed. It would be an a great way to show our local state and federal government the people that they are truly effecting with this horrible decision.

I am not the best at organizing events or get together's, so I thought I'd ask everyone what they would do or not do. I think it is important that This happens before the May 25th date.

Thank you all for your time.

It does not have to be one last time, if you have a CHL the city or the county has no say as to how and where you carry, openly or concealed. They have only been allowed to regulate UNLICENSED carry. Personally, I think the OR state constitution precludes even that much, but that fight is for another day.

I agree, you need a big OC outing in a Portland City/ Multnomah County Park...just make sure everyone has a license to carry. (ORS 166.173(2)(c))

BadMoon Risin68

We still have until the 25th when the laws take effect. I would like people who don't have a permit to join in as well. My question to multnomah county is "how do you form A militia without any bullets?" Anyone out in the multnomah area want to set a date and get as many people to come as possible?

We-the-People

There are at least three of us in Southern Oregon (Medford) contemplating doing some activisim in Multnomah Co (all with CHL's) due to their recent actions. We are considering several options with one of them being to use an OC'er, a scanner, and a driver. Make an appearance and as soon as a dispatch is heard, immediately moving to a new location. The OC'er would also be accompanied by a videographer using wireless mic on the carrier in case moving isn't as fast as the response. Not sure if the more effective way would be unloaded and "sterile" (no ID) or loaded should we not move fast enough.

It's called "force multiplication".

We would probably all be up for joining the activity mentioned by the OP if schedules permitted.

BadMoon Risin68

Set it out alittle ways an I can try to get more from Hillsboro to attend as we'll

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

The problem we have is getting people without permits after May 24th. The 25th is the effective date. So it would be nice to have a huge gathering before so all people go are interested can join. However if you guys think it best to do it afterwards I'm still game for that.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
I should be able to make it once we settle up on a date.

Those who don't have their permit yet can still carry unloaded after the new ordinance goes into effect.

Mattimusmaximus

Did anything ever happen with this oc walk or do we all bed to re-plan? Cause I'm still down for it!

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-