• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal magazine capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruger95

I've done a search for this but came up empty. What is the maximum legal magazine capacity in Michigan? Or is there no limit? When I purchased my Ruger P95 it came with 2 10 round mags and I'm sure I've seen this same gun sold with larger capacity mags. Anyone?

stainless1911

Banned
Last edited:

TheQ

My Springfield XDm 9mm holds 19+1 round. The box says: Not Legal in (the People's Republic of) California with high capacity magazine.

Glad I don't live there!

WARCHILD

The 10rnd limit was part of the assault weapons ban which is expired. It limited production of more than 10rnd, not ownership or possession of. AFAIK there is no longer a limit to production of high cap. mags. Although there are grumblings in the legislature of getting the ban reinstated. :uhoh::banghead:

Rasher

Michigan has no limit on magazine capacity

Not 100% true, for the purposes of this forum and what itswe're here for you are correct sir, but if you should go hunting there are restrictions to be followed, they are--hand guns, in the shotgun zone are limited to 8 rounds(i might be wrong on this one) in the rifle zone-no limits, LONG GUNS-in the shotgun zone you are limited to 5 rounds for hunting with the exeption if you are hunting waterfowl(this also includes woodcock) you must be plugged only 3 rounds are allowed. In the rifle zone all rifles are limited to 5 rounds- .22 are allowed 15-18 no matter were your at.

WARCHILD

Not 100% true, for the purposes of this forum and what itswe're here for you are correct sir, but if you should go hunting there are restrictions to be followed, they are--hand guns, in the shotgun zone are limited to 8 rounds(i might be wrong on this one) in the rifle zone-no limits, LONG GUNS-in the shotgun zone you are limited to 5 rounds for hunting with the exeption if you are hunting waterfowl(this also includes woodcock) you must be plugged only 3 rounds are allowed. In the rifle zone all rifles are limited to 5 rounds- .22 are allowed 15-18 no matter were your at.

What you say is true and it's good that you recognize that. However, also on this forum; it is "understood" that when issues are discussed, it is in the general area of carrying in everyday life and not a "hunting" scenario where DNRQ rules apply.

JMO

sasha601

As far as hunting , you are correct. There are limit on number of rounds that you are allowed to have in your firearm. However, I believe that high capacity mags are still not prohibited during hunting. You can still have high cap magazine in your gun, but you better have no more than 5 rounds when DNR checks it out. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.