• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flashbang holster..opinions?

X-JaVeN-X

My wife is getting her CC permit here in the near future so that she'll feel comfortable carrying at her work. She works at a salon and has a wide variety of clients (many of whom are implants from not so gun friendly states). She is looking at carry options and holster options to match. She seems to really like the idea of the flashbang holster and thinks it would work well for her. Do any of you ladies here (or wives) have any experience with this holster setup? She really wants to get her hands on a Kimber Solo, and they seem to have a model for that particular firearm...but just thought I'd ask for her here.

I know concealed carry may not be for everyone here, and that carrying openly could be seen as a good opportunity for a "teaching opportunity", but she doesn't want to risk upsetting her clients...that is her (and our) income at stake after all...

WalkingWolf

My wife does not like them, she finds them uncomfortable. She is still getting used to her neck knife she wears under her bra.

She carries her firearm in a belt slide holster with her shirt untucked over the holster.

BrianB

Dang. I forgot there is a holster called a "Flash Bang" and was hoping you actually were looking for a holster to OC an actual flash bang grenade. I was wondering why in the world someone would want to carry such a thing, but hey, nothing illegal about it (in Florida anyway). In Florida you can pretty much OC everything but a firearm or an offensive (as opposed to defensive) electric weapon. I'm sure carrying around any sort of grenade, flash bang, CS, etc., would generate some serious MWAG (Man With A Grenade) calls to the police. :)

davidmcbeth

Banned
My wife does not like them, she finds them uncomfortable. She is still getting used to her neck knife she wears under her bra.

She carries her firearm in a belt slide holster with her shirt untucked over the holster.

And what does she carry outside the house ?

Last edited:

Aknazer

My wife was talking with an an acquaintence and this subject came up while talking about female clothes and how short and/or tight a lot of the clothes are. Apparently the person we were talking with actually uses the flash bang and here is what she had to say on the subject. Overall it isn't a bad holster and it is pretty easy to conceal compared to an IWB holster when combined with normal female attire (even the "loose" fitting stuff is too tight for a concealed gun unless one wears guy-size clothes or stuff for "old" people and not standard sub-40 clothes). The biggest things are that she highly recommended a wire bra for the added stiffness to support the weight of the gun, and that one needs to practice the draw several times after getting it. With a bit of practice she said it is pretty easy to draw it, but it does take a bit more work to get it down compared to an IWB/OWB carried gun and when you need it isn't when you want to be figuring out how to reach up and draw or how much force it takes to draw it (takes a bit more force than one might expect as it secures the weapon during everyday ops, but not too much force to be an issue when you need it).

But (at least for her) it was comfortable and practically unnoticeable with standard female attire in addition to still being fairly easy to draw. And anyone who has dealt with modern female clothing should know how hard it can be to simply have functional pockets, much less attempt to conceal anything in them (if only I could get my wife to wear guy pants so that she would quit complaining about not having pockets...).

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
CN-MA28_01_lg.jpg

?

gatorbait51

Female friendly holsters.. flashbang and all

My wife is getting her CC permit here in the near future so that she'll feel comfortable carrying at her work. She works at a salon and has a wide variety of clients (many of whom are implants from not so gun friendly states). She is looking at carry options and holster options to match. She seems to really like the idea of the flashbang holster and thinks it would work well for her. Do any of you ladies here (or wives) have any experience with this holster setup? She really wants to get her hands on a Kimber Solo, and they seem to have a model for that particular firearm...but just thought I'd ask for her here.

I know concealed carry may not be for everyone here, and that carrying openly could be seen as a good opportunity for a "teaching opportunity", but she doesn't want to risk upsetting her clients...that is her (and our) income at stake after all...

The lady who developed the flashbang developed several female specific holsters . You and your wife might look her up, here's the link:

http://www.looperlawenforcement.com/index.html

They are very helpful and very informative

Dave

Kopis

Dang. I forgot there is a holster called a "Flash Bang" and was hoping you actually were looking for a holster to OC an actual flash bang grenade. I was wondering why in the world someone would want to carry such a thing, but hey, nothing illegal about it (in Florida anyway). In Florida you can pretty much OC everything but a firearm or an offensive (as opposed to defensive) electric weapon. I'm sure carrying around any sort of grenade, flash bang, CS, etc., would generate some serious MWAG (Man With A Grenade) calls to the police. :)

lol, thats what i thought too! what awesome chick wants to carry a FB grenade???

X-JaVeN-X

Thanks for the info so far...I told my wife the flash bang grenade comment and she got a good laugh.

As for the comment above about bra type, etc....My wife only wears wired bras and from what I've read elsewhere...the bigger your boobs are the better it is (that's what he said!). She took my full-size 1911 and stuck it to her just to see if it would print and putting the gun where the flashbang would hold a gun, the thing disappeared. She had on a form fitting shirt and I couldn't see the thing at all. She seems to think it wouldn't be too uncomfortable (tho it seems like it would be annoying to me...but I don't wear a bra, so I'll take her word on it.

She would obviously have to practice drawing with it. I did come across a video of a girl that supposedly had practiced with it for a few minutes and was able to draw and present quite quickly with it.