• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

DontTreadOnMeVa

Clicking this button will send PayPal to the fund the OP talked about. Feel free to "quote" the button so it remains prominent in the thread.

I had little to give, but I gave a little...

Hope to give more later

2a4all

Surry County has limited resources

Given the enthusiastic support for Skidmark evidenced on this thread, I'd like to caution everyone that if too many of us show up for Skid's trial, we could easily overburden the local assets such as parking, eateries, restrooms, etc. We'd also want to be sure that we minimize traffic in the streets around the courthouse, and thus not impede Skid and User as they arrive.

zoom6zoom

I don't know many people more knowledgeable about the laws and better able to articulate them than Paul. And knowing how he loves to talk, I know it's killing him to have to stand mute.

Skipped dinner out tonight and sent the funds to the PP account instead.

palerider116

Securiguard has to be VA DCJS certified and its security officers likewise. VA Code 9.1-139 will explain that it greater detail.

That being said... After the trial in the fullness of time, a barrage of emails and letters to the VA DCJS about finding a new security company may be a 2011 action item. User would be able to the go ahead as to the proper time (post trial definitely).

dedeye

Sir, I know he would do as much for me if I needed the assistance, IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO.

Have one item sold, $$ will go out this week.

Also posted it on 10mmtalk.com but it's not being received well there, didn't think it would but won't go into why.

Agent,
If you can ship to me in Texas I need 2 boxes of 9mm 124g +p hollowpoints

email me and we'll make the swap!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
This came to me by email from Ray Cory, owner of http://www.Lobogunleather.com - I'd ordered a couple of holsters from him, recently, but here's his response regarding my having sent him a check to pay for what I'd ordered:

WOW!

Now that is truly a moving decision on this former police chief's part. Thanks user for posting this one.

lockman

State Researcher
Every little bit helps, here is a bit sent from the corrupt sate of Illinois. I wish it could be more but I forsee many battles on my own front.

wylde007

I Have Spent Considerable Time In Contemplation On This

First off I'd like to address this thorough fabrication:
On Monday, motorists can expect to see a minimum of two security officers posted on each side of the James River to screen those traveling the ferry. The officers will continue to randomly screen vehicles. Selected vehicles may notice increased screening measures to include checking vehicle trunks, undercarriages, engine compartments and enclosed containers. Security officers may also check the cargo areas of cars, trucks, campers and trailers.
Many here are (or should be) aware of my personal encounter with the VDOT Gestapo at Scotland Wharf this past... June, was it? My vehicle was chosen for random screening and when I asked what that entailed they explained that the SCREEN was NOT a search. They said they COULD NOT open any areas of my vehicle and look inside.

One of the other members here (God bless him, but I cannot recall which one) was in his truck right behind me when one operative told me to open my tailgate - and he hollered "Don't open that for them!" As I opened it the second operative on the "screening" team said it wasn't necessary. This inconsistency was just one of the things I addressed in my letters to McDonnell, Cuccinelli and Connaughton (Sec. of Transportation) when I returned after that fiasco.

I explained that I was conceding to their "random" screening only under duress and coercion and that I do not consent to searches, which they repeatedly assured me their "screening" was not. At the moment they demanded I open my tailgate, it became a search, plain and simple.

Now, on to Skidmark.

I have been following this thread with some interest and reading about the growing contingent of support for this gentleman. I will be the first to acknowledge that our (mine and his) relationship in this community started out somewhat adversarial. It was quite apparent that we are equally passionate about our 2nd Amendment rights, though have somewhat different opinions about the means to our ends.

At any rate, when we sat down to lunch that afternoon at the Surrey House amongst other Virginia PATRIOTS for fellowship and camaraderie there was no animosity and no pretension. At any rate, after the meal and before our departure he made sure to let me know that I was not anything like what he had expected - and neither he to I - and that was probably a good thing for both of us!

When any one of our brothers-in-arms is in need I am generally appalled at the circumstances of their predicament and then equally proud to count this community among my friends when the outpouring of support comes so fully and freely. My wife and I are not in much of a position to be sending donations of great amount, but I can make a small offering in his support.

God bless.

Marco

For those further than driving distance:

Shoot me a Pm on here or VAGT (wait for confirmation) then just paypal the $$ for the item +$5 for shipping to skid's defense funds and forward the confirmation email to me along with your contact info and I'll get the item out within 24hrs.

I'll forward my email addy via pm.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Clicking this button will send PayPal to the fund the OP talked about. Feel free to "quote" the button so it remains prominent in the thread.

Donation sent.

I wish I could donate more, but being an unemployed grad student sort of limits my "discretionary income"...

If your attorney needs any help with graphic design (diagrams, info graphics, etc) please let me know. I may not be able to donate a lot of dollars, but I've got a TON of "sweat equity" that I could donate to the cause over my Christmas Break.

(20 years professional Graphic Design experience; DOJ, DOT, HHS, and EPA contractor experience; 2 "Blue Pencil" awards for work done on Federal Contracts, etc, etc, etc...)

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
A couple of thoughts

Here's a friendly blurb on the Commonwealth's Attorney in Surry County:
http://poindexter1.com/gerald.htm

I'm thinking that all the folks who want to show up in support are going to be buying things in Surry County. That, it seems to me, would be rewarding the county for the kind of behavior we don't like. ("Hey, do that some more - it's good for business.") I'm thinking that, like the embargo against Iran, it might be best to apply "economic sanctions". The local folks who will be affected are the best ones to apply political will to preventing this sort of abuse from happening again.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Donation sent.

I wish I could donate more, but being an unemployed grad student sort of limits my "discretionary income"...

If your attorney needs any help with graphic design (diagrams, info graphics, etc) please let me know. I may not be able to donate a lot of dollars, but I've got a TON of "sweat equity" that I could donate to the cause over my Christmas Break.

(20 years professional Graphic Design experience; DOJ, DOT, HHS, and EPA contractor experience; 2 "Blue Pencil" awards for work done on Federal Contracts, etc, etc, etc...)

I'll see Skid soon Dreamer. I'll give him the $20.00 I owe you for something you might draw for me someday:lol:

FretlessMayhem

Travesty

I know I don't post much on the forum here. However, I do read every day.

This could have happened to myself, or any one of us. It makes me think about the irony of the Virginia State Seal.

I've donated what I could via PayPal. I hope everyone who is financial capable of doing so donates at least something, no matter what amount, as well. A little bit from a lot of forum members adds up quickly.

I'm hopeful that justice will prevail in January. It is my belief that at a minimum, all those involved in this gross miscarriage of justice will be terminated.