• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Firearms Coalition Progress ?

wrightme

Now, SFA was mentioned. It is predominantly Churchill County, mainly Fallon. I think last year we ended with over 700 members, out of a county of ~25,000. Just think if a state organization could get that percentage of membership from the entire state! NFC could conceivably have over 70,000 members, if the percentage held true into Clark County. But if not that, how about just 1/10 of that percentage, and get 7,000 members from Clark County, who all keep pinging NFC to address the Clark County issues in the legislature. But, with only a few hundred members, do not expect them to get much done. So, if people just badmouth them, those badmouthing them will help create a self-defeating prophecy. How about joining them en-masse down in the pointy end, and help ensure your voices are heard in the organization, AND in the legislature?

Or, would you rather sit back and badmouth an organization that is actually trying to do something?

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I recall that one of the NFC's priorities is also campus carry. I FINALLY received in the mail today my official rejection letter for permission to carry on the UNR campus. I'll find the other thread about it and update there. I will be sending a copy of my request letter and the rejection letter to the NFC for use in their lobbying efforts. There are few non-cops who are as qualified as I am, and yet I received just more of the same "it's for the children"-type BS.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Yes. But, it is a mistake to assume this one won't be an asset, especially barely 6 months from inception.

I formed Arizonans for Defense Rights the same day I filed the Defense Rights Initiative (to provide Constitutional Carry). Three months later, the Arizona Legislature was so afraid of what we were accomplishing that they called back a CCW permit bill which had been rejected earlier in the session (as it had been rejected several years in a row prior) and passed it, in order to take the wind out of our sails.

We did that with no paid membership, and about $200 in donations -- half of which was a $100 bill kicked in by Colonel Cooper and the Countess -- plus a few petition photocopies made by supporters.

The idea that a group supposedly working for civil rights, but "6 months from inception" has had no discernible effect -- or even presence -- pretty much doesn't impress me. To say that the problem is lack of members or lack of money REALLY doesn't impress me. We proved that if you are moving, people will come help you push.

wrightme

WHAT are they trying to do? Be specific.

WHO is trying to do it? Be specific.

All we've seen is about as specific as "We believe in Tuesday," and about as active as hieroglyphics.

Get in the mix and find out if it bothers you not knowing.
But, the simple fact is, sitting on the sidelines and badmouthing them doesn't help anything, except your ego.

wrightme

I formed Arizonans for Defense Rights the same day I filed the Defense Rights Initiative (to provide Constitutional Carry). Three months later, the Arizona Legislature was so afraid of what we were accomplishing that they called back a CCW permit bill which had been rejected earlier in the session (as it had been rejected several years in a row prior) and passed it, in order to take the wind out of our sails.

We did that with no paid membership, and about $200 in donations -- half of which was a $100 bill kicked in by Colonel Cooper and the Countess -- plus a few petition photocopies made by supporters.

The idea that a group supposedly working for civil rights, but "6 months from inception" has had no discernible effect -- or even presence -- pretty much doesn't impress me. To say that the problem is lack of members or lack of money REALLY doesn't impress me. We proved that if you are moving, people will come help you push.

Good for you on all the above, adn what youd accomplished in AZ.

You are in NV now.... They aren't there to impress you. Give them your ideas, or quit growsing about it.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Since the NVFAC is a non-profit org, I have something that they can do to make a huge difference quickly and easily. This post is directed at varminter as he is a board member, but I decided to ask out in the open to show the OCDO crew that the NVFAC is wanting to make a difference.

I can, and will write the Nevada open records act request, but need it to be from a non-profit, being active like I am I can get it sent from any non-profit, this request however pertains to a certain gun issue, and may give the NVFAC an opportunity to show some activity.

The first request is a simple letter asking to use the state building for a meeting, including a video conference to the Grant Sawyer building, and what the requirements would be, both application and monetarily.

So is the NVFAC game?
Like I said, I willl write the request, and provide the stamp. All I ask is a pdf of the response. there will be 1 possibly 2 more and thats all

Last edited:

DVC

Get in the mix and find out if it bothers you not knowing.

The assertion has been made that the "coalition" is actively working on things. Since there is no evidence of this, the burden of proof lies with those who make the claims.

REPEATED requests for information have not only been met with conflicting dodges, those doing the dodging are getting offended that anyone would actually ASK.

That pretty much gives the answer to the question.

wrightme

The assertion has been made that the "coalition" is actively working on things. Since there is no evidence of this, the burden of proof lies with those who make the claims.

REPEATED requests for information have not only been met with conflicting dodges, those doing the dodging are getting offended that anyone would actually ASK.

That pretty much gives the answer to the question.

That assertion is due to your incessant pleas to see something in your chosen timeline, in the manner of your choosing. Frankly, if I were in charge of that org, and you 'request' information in the manner you have since you first began posting about them, I would respond with a hearty, "Join or shut up."

Your incessant complaints about the NRA and the NFC are detrimental to forward progress, and it seems your dislike extends as far as wanting to undermine ANY efforts by those you disagree with, so they cannot gain any claim to actually getting forward progress.

Simply put, why don't you give it a rest? Or, join and be part of forward progress.

DVC

That assertion is due to your incessant pleas to see something in your chosen timeline, in the manner of your choosing.

. . .which are a result of seeing nothing but half a year of smoke and mirrors from NVFAC supporters.

If there were anything to show, you would have put it on display to prove we doubters wrong. Instead, you get offended that anyone would dare actually ASK for any kind of sign that you're doing anything. You get even more offended when I point out that this is what I predicted from the start.

Your incessant complaints about the NRA and the NFC are detrimental to forward progress, and it seems your dislike extends as far as wanting to undermine ANY efforts by those you disagree with, so they cannot gain any claim to actually getting forward progress.

All they have offered are claims. "All brag, no fact."

As far as complaints about the NRA, maybe it's because I'm a Mormon -- we don't use drugs, so I'm able to actually SEE and UNDERSTAND the actions of the NRA during the 40+ years that I've been involved in the fight for our civil rights. If the NRA had been successful in Arizona in 1990, there would still be no concealed carry in the state -- except for cops -- much less CONSTITUTIONAL carry. If the NRA had been successful in 2008, the Heller case would never have gone to the Supreme Court. The NRA did nothing in 1934 or 1968, and we've seen how well THAT has served us.

Oh, yeah, I've got another one for you. At the NRA national convention last year, THREE of us stood outside to speak and reason with the demonstrators who marched through downtown Pittsburgh to condemn gun owners. Not one of us who spoke to them was from the NRA. No representative from the NRA was willing to stand up for gun rights AT THEIR OWN CONVENTION.

So, yes, as long as you NRA cultists keep claiming things which aren't true, I'm going to complain about them.

As always, I invite you to PROVE ME WRONG.

I wish that you could. Until you can, maybe you should be less worried about the fact that I complain, and more worried how little you have to COUNTER those complaints.

DVC

That is easy to answer. You have but to go to their website and read.

Hmmm . . .maybe it's a problem with Firefox, but I can't find the links to any kind of "NVFAC in the news" or "What we're doing / have accomplished" pages on the site.

How about if you just copy the contents of anything like these two pages and paste there here?

What I see is pretty much on the same lines as "We believe in Tuesday." I also see ads for The Gun Store and the NRA.

Oh, yeah, and the first of your "purposes and objectives" is "To be THE statewide association promoting the ownership and safe use of firearms for self-defense, competition, recreation and hunting." (emphasis mine)

Arrogance combined with somnolence in a single package. How efficient!

I'm surprised that you even suggested that I go to the site.

wrightme

. . .which are a result of seeing nothing but half a year of smoke and mirrors from NVFAC supporters.

Given how you were used to the loose lips of those you worked with in AZ, you might not understand that information flow control is part of a good effort. Maybe there is a good organization in AZ that you could go badmouth insted of here in NV.

wrightme

Hmmm . . .maybe it's a problem with Firefox, but I can't find the links to any kind of "NVFAC in the news" or "What we're doing / have accomplished" pages on the site.
Very good! Then neither can those who would run to the press prematurely and leak information.

Do you have something to work on towards legislative goals, or are you just here to attempt to undermine the efforts of others? If you don't like them, then don't bother with them. But, it is bad form to attempt to knock them down.

wrightme

Arrogance combined with somnolence in a single package. How efficient!

I'm surprised that you even suggested that I go to the site.

Yet why do you stop with arrogance?

If you don't like the NRA or affiliated organizations, then go join another or start your own. Quit eating our own because of your prejudices.

To the best of my knowledge, the NRA is the ONLY national gun rights organization that has been active in the legislature here in Nevada, and to good effect. You appear to want to end that effect. To that I say, go back to AZ.

Last edited:

wrightme

As far as complaints about the NRA, maybe it's because I'm a Mormon -- we don't use drugs, so I'm able to actually SEE and UNDERSTAND the actions of the NRA during the 40+ years that I've been involved in the fight for our civil rights. .

Nice work at attacking others by not attacking.
You assume I am a drug user, or who is it you think cannot see and understand?

Seeing and understanding does not mean that the same conclusion would be reached.

DVC

Given how you were used to the loose lips of those you worked with in AZ, you might not understand that information flow control is part of a good effort. Maybe there is a good organization in AZ that you could go badmouth insted of here in NV.

It's more fun pointing at a bad organization here.

But I must say that if information flow control is your organization's goal, you're doing a bang-up job -- you're not even on the scope, while we're hearing what's happening in private meetings between the President of the United States and the hoplophobes! How EVER do you manage this, and get anything done?

Oh . . .wait . . .

Seriously, I'm glad that you have become a member. Disagreements aside, I recognize you as one of the effectives in the Nevada civil rights arena, and maybe you can get NVFAC off their buttplates.