• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Schlepnier

You know after reading all these replies my weekly open carry around yelm and into lakewood seems a bit tame since i hit many of the same places every weekend.
:lol:

.45ACPaddy

My open carry is so uneventful that I'm afraid to post it on here, since it would probably put people to sleep at the keyboard, LOL!

sudden valley gunner

You know after reading all these replies my weekly open carry around yelm and into lakewood seems a bit tame since i hit many of the same places every weekend.
:lol:

Never lame, it's a good sign and you never know who you are quietly encouraging to be pro 2a, and the anti you are making second guess their stance.

My open carry is so uneventful that I'm afraid to post it on here, since it would probably put people to sleep at the keyboard, LOL!

Mine too, yet I do have many conversations, almost daily because of it with random people, who are curious about it.

tony d tiger

Never lame, it's a good sign and you never know who you are quietly encouraging to be pro 2a, and the anti you are making second guess their stance.

**agreed**

Mine too, yet I do have many conversations, almost daily because of it with random people, who are curious about it.

Yeah, there's more "positives" than "negatives" in posting up every now-n-then. YaY

Drazhar Rakarth

Tony,

Many many people read this forum, who never post. I have met many of them and they are encouraged by reading this silly little thread in which nothing happens. Keep posting, some of them join us eventually.

I know this thread influenced a lot of people to "give it a try." It is all the nothing happened posts and other people doing it that will raise the confidence of someone on the fence about Open Carry. Please post on, as someone is reading. They might not even be logged in, but they're reading and understanding. They might just find out who the unicorn was they spotted the day prior in another town.

LongRider

4th of July festival rode my bike wearing my leathers OC an XD a little boy looks me up and down staring wide eyed noted the gun. Says Mommy that boy has earrings!

Last edited:

tony d tiger

No OC today but:

4th of July festival rode my bike wearing my leathers OC an XD a little boy looks me up and down staring wide eyed noted the gun. Says Mommy that boy has earrings!

:D YaY - yeah, the kids are genuine.

This thread, and some of the others in which law is cited were what encouraged me to learn more (and still do).

Carry on...

tony d tiger

Lacey
- dog park at the dump. Probably ten or twelve other folks, lots of happy dogs. Threw the ball until the doggie decided she was done.
- city park on Pacific. Few other folks walking their dogs, lots of Mom's and Dad's pushing their kids on the swingsets - I threw rocks in the pond for the dog to swim after, then walked the grassy perimeter before bringing her back to the car and towelling her off in the grass. Don't want any wet doggie smell in the car! :D
- Bavarian Corner for a chat with the owner, sitting on the back patio
- Nisqually Chevron to fill up the car... ~300 miles for ~$30

Fife
- South Sound BMW picking up wheels/tires for my motorbikes.

Hope y'all had a great day - almost got hot 'round here. ;)

tombrewster421

Went out on a date with my wife last night, but first went to the bank (crickets). Then we went to Olive Garden on South Hill (more crickets). Then to kill some time before the movie we went to Target to get some candy and I also got a new shirt (again, crickets). Then down to the Longston Place Regal Cinemas to see Transformers. There was a sheriff parked outside the front doors looking to see who was coming and going (more crickets). What a great day!

Last edited:

Drazhar Rakarth

I did a stop @ Lakewood Walgreen's. This was the one that an OCer was stopped at and questioned by LPD. I also Oc'd the Safeway Lakewood. There were lots of looks. It seems not many people OC here but that is ok. I was asked NOT to bring my firearm into my bank (ACU) but I am awaiting their corporate policy that I asked for. I'm rereading my membership guidelines now. I've seen nothing about firearms so far. The teller did mention if I had a permit.... *and trailed off* +1 to the teller lady.

Drazhar Rakarth

Lakewood Ford (Pac highway in Lakewood) No one would come help me. I think it was a fluke, but the people that did see me didn't call police or anything. I was there a good half an hour.

Sunny Teriyaki #7 in Lakewood on Bridgeport! STOP in this place. The owner is awesome. He's got a great sense of humor and guns don't scare him in the least. He said "This is MY establishment and I do as I please on my property. What happens out there doesn't govern my establishment." I will stop in this place quite often.

Took some pictures on the side of the road out near South Hill as well. No issues from passing motorists nor people walking.

OT: Does anyone else have problems with their gun belts riding up? Either mine is too loose and sags or is too tight and rides up towards my stomach. I need to develop something that attaches this belt on my regular belt, or just stop using it.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Lakewood Ford (Pac highway in Lakewood) No one would come help me. I think it was a fluke, but the people that did see me didn't call police or anything. I was there a good half an hour.

Sunny Teriyaki #7 in Lakewood on Bridgeport! STOP in this place. The owner is awesome. He's got a great sense of humor and guns don't scare him in the least. He said "This is MY establishment and I do as I please on my property. What happens out there doesn't govern my establishment." I will stop in this place quite often.

Took some pictures on the side of the road out near South Hill as well. No issues from passing motorists nor people walking.

OT: Does anyone else have problems with their gun belts riding up? Either mine is too loose and sags or is too tight and rides up towards my stomach. I need to develop something that attaches this belt on my regular belt, or just stop using it.

Not a fan of the seperate 'gun belt'. Rather enjoy both the Leather Blackhawk paddle holster or my Leather Blackhawk OWB holster with snaps.

Drazhar Rakarth

Not a fan of the seperate 'gun belt'. Rather enjoy both the Leather Blackhawk paddle holster or my Leather Blackhawk OWB holster with snaps.

We've discussed this in detail before. I'll get with you offline and discuss the snappie holster. I like yours and might invest in one, cause feeding belt loops time and time again is more exhausting then umm other exhausting activities.

amlevin

OT: Does anyone else have problems with their gun belts riding up?

I usually have the opposite problem. At my age, gravity has a tendency to make "everything" head south.

As for separate belts I also am not a fan of them. I prefer a paddle type holster. That said, for those that like the two belt system, there are many belts available that use velcro. The "pants" belt has the fuzzy loops on it facing out, and the gun belt has the "hooks" facing in. This allows the outer belt to be attached to the inner belt and provides rise/sag control 360 degrees. Or you could invest in some of the Keeper's that LEO's use that secure the inner and outer belt at whatever location(s) you choose.

You will spend about $50 for the two belts and it will definitely have a "Duty Belt" look

Here's one offering:

http://www.rstacticalgear.com/search1.cfm?Search_Term=duty+belt

Last edited:

Drazhar Rakarth

Carry a larger pistol, more mags, OC, knife...

If your belt rides up you are insufficiently ninja'd.

Holy overloaded Gunbelt Batman!

I carry my gun and a flashlight. That's it anymore. I keep it simple. The batman effect leaves just too much to worry about. (Now where did I put that condom)