• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It is on the agenda

77zach

Is it just me, or is anyone else gonna try a small, discrete OC pistol on day one?
But hey, whatever's legal, go for it. I'm pretty sure I'll be geting checked OCing around here (schools, colleges, and crime all over the place {what a coincidence, high crime near 'no guns allowed' areas}); with my inexperience in encountering law enforcement, I'm not ready for anyone giving me a harder time than necessary until we get a little normalization.

If it passes, I'll carry my XD 9 full size. Law enforcement I don't think will be much of a problem. The problems that do occur will probably tend to be with large city police departments. A worst case scenario is what just happened in Philly. If you're not comfortable going up against them verbally, you just have to do nothing but stand there and occasionally ask if you're free to go.

77zach

any predictions on the outcome of this committee? and if it passes, is there even enough time to get it in front of the rules committee?

The senate is considerably more anti-freedom than the House, but it is expected to pass both remaining committees in time.

OC is 0-3 this year. Arkansas, Ok, and SC. Neoconus Amerikonus prevailed in all three states. Maybe luck will change with Fl. The Texas forum is optimistic, but with all those neocons I don't see red state fascism giving them even licensed OC.

20SomethingSnowbird

so with optimism that it passes the remaining committees, whats the outlook on the house and senate floors?

I am a permit holder in CT but in my 3 years back and forth never had the desire to get my Florida CCW since it is impossible to carry anything worth using in the summertime here. With the positive outlook on this bill, I took that joke of a CCW class this past weekend and made my appointment for next Monday morning at the regional licensing office. Hope I'm not wasting the 50 bucks+117 for the CCW to find out I'm still stuck putting a keltec in my pocket.

77zach

so with optimism that it passes the remaining committees, whats the outlook on the house and senate floors?

I am a permit holder in CT but in my 3 years back and forth never had the desire to get my Florida CCW since it is impossible to carry anything worth using in the summertime here. With the positive outlook on this bill, I took that joke of a CCW class this past weekend and made my appointment for next Monday morning at the regional licensing office. Hope I'm not wasting the 50 bucks+117 for the CCW to find out I'm still stuck putting a keltec in my pocket.

It will pass on the floor of both senate and house, if it gets there in the senate. I never had a problem carrying a full size gun in the waist band at 1 o' clock. But if it passes I plan on OCing just the same. It is more of a deterrent, it's more comfortable, and it is an easy way to do something for the freedom movement in general.

10x

Hi, I am new here. I have a question
Where does it go next if it passes tomorrow?
And when would it hit the floors for a vote?
How many hurdles are left to jump?

Rich7553

Hi, I am new here. I have a question
Where does it go next if it passes tomorrow?
And when would it hit the floors for a vote?
How many hurdles are left to jump?

After this one, just the Rules Committee remains before the Senate floor.

10x

After this one, just the Rules Committee remains before the Senate floor.

Is there enough time left before this session ends?
I read that Marion Hammer believes it will pass, I
hope she is right.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Is there enough time left before this session ends?
I read that Marion Hammer believes it will pass, I
hope she is right.

As long as they get it through Judiciary tomorrow it should be alright. Rules has time for 1 more committee meeting.

~*'Phoenix'*~

I hope this all goes quick and smooth...i am ready to try out my new holster :D

Me too! Even made it myself, special for the occassion. Tired of only wearing it around the house...

And I'm glad to hear there are 2 possible meetings left for rules.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
This isn't the CJ, it's the judicial... Why are the LEOs even there? They already made their point about hating the citizens and wanting us to be helpless.