• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Saturday Breakfast 4/23

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's already raining at the farm so I'm in for Breakfast.
Anyone going?
I need some brainstorming.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I presume if it's Saturday at 9:30 AM it must be River City Diner?

See you there.

stay safe.

sidestreet

I think I'm gonna try and get there early...,

BEFORE I fall asleep and end up late!

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
so will it be 0930 or 1000?

Mark...that is more of a Joke than a real time schedule. When I'm in town, I usually get there about 8:30, Skidmark beats me sometimes and Grapeshot often gets there early to eat before the rest arrive.

After that, people drift in until 11:00 or so.:lol:

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
I will be stopping by the Shell to fill up before I head south on 95 for a day trip. The family could use some breakfast before we make the trip. I'll be there tomorrow morning at 0900.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Other than some might meaty legs appearing late in the morning, we were well met and well fed. Internet commando responses to highly imaginary what-if scenarios were disected and inspected and injected and infected and rejected and objected by some folks who should have but were not sent to sit on the Group W bench. Other strategies and plans were considered with the agreement that all is speculation until the Fat Lady sings.

In between there were many adjournments to the smoking room where folks attempted to warm up before returning the the allegedly frigid indoors. Those doing the loudest complaining seemed the least unaware of the benefits of keeping the temperature low. Perhaps next time they might back up and assess? Given the training demonstrations they certainly should know how to do that next time.

Finally, there were several Easter Eggs found, but none were opened. For some reason the folks in the car with the NJ plates seemed to scurry fasted once they figured out what those things were on all the belts. Hope they make it home back north in time.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Other than some might meaty legs appearing late in the morning, we were well met and well fed. Internet commando responses to highly imaginary what-if scenarios were disected and inspected and injected and infected and rejected and objected by some folks who should have but were not sent to sit on the Group W bench. Other strategies and plans were considered with the agreement that all is speculation until the Fat Lady sings.

In between there were many adjournments to the smoking room where folks attempted to warm up before returning the the allegedly frigid indoors. Those doing the loudest complaining seemed the least unaware of the benefits of keeping the temperature low. Perhaps next time they might back up and assess? Given the training demonstrations they certainly should know how to do that next time.

Finally, there were several Easter Eggs found, but none were opened. For some reason the folks in the car with the NJ plates seemed to scurry fasted once they figured out what those things were on all the belts. Hope they make it home back north in time.

stay safe.

As usual, we solved most of the worlds problems on paper:uhoh:
We missed Mark. Admired the servers tri colored hair and got a few serious things discussed and generally had a good time.

Oh...a special thanks to Sidestreet. Level headed as always, he came up with a solution to a problem that's been nagging me all week.

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
So that I'm not dragging up a bye-gone thread, did anyone ever get any sort of response out of Cracker Barrel after y'all were treated so inhospitably last month?

I sent my post-card but haven't received any reply.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So that I'm not dragging up a bye-gone thread, did anyone ever get any sort of response out of Cracker Barrel after y'all were treated so inhospitably last month?

I sent my post-card but haven't received any reply.

The consensus of opinion, reinforced by local managerial staff, was that corporate is more concerned with the misguided perceptions of out-of-state travelers than the realities of honest local people enjoying a nice dinner and acting responsibly.

We were told in confidence that we had never been anything other the terrific, polite customers and that they (local mgt) did not want to lose us, but that in the future we would need to carry concealed. Polite conversation followed explaining all the specifics - we parted as friends. Going to miss them, but not so much as to violate either our principles or our safety.

sidestreet

Sorry I had to take off folks...,

even though I was drinking the "leaded" stuff, I was fading fast.

The special thanks needs to go to all the folks who are really going out of their way to do the "necessaries", and support Skid on so many different levels, besides, my idea was inspired by all of the awesome camera and ground work by Peter Nap on one of his first videos connected with this. It was a great start and there's nothing wrong that I can see with starting and taking it from right there. Might want to mix some "Twilight Zone" sounds in there too. My son has an original instrumental ditty that might make for some good segway music, it always makes me think of transition, travel and purpose. I'm really excited about the video, and I'll be glad to help in what ever way I can.

Maybe we can get Peter in front of the camera some, I still think they should have hired him instead of Jeff Bridges to play Rooster Cogburn in the latest "True Grit"!!! I can see it..., it could happen!

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe we can get Peter in front of the camera some, I still think they should have hired him instead of Jeff Bridges to play Rooster Cogburn in the latest "True Grit"!!! I can see it..., it could happen!.

Mandatory "Beverage Alert" not given - laughed so hard I hurt. :lol:

Got this image of a rooster on a motorcycle at full throttle yellin', "Fill your hand, you son of a Yankee!" and then winking slyly at the camera to show that he still had yet another trick up his sleeve.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for the detailed reply Grapeshot! It's a shame that CB has put off their local customers for a small minority. Oh well there are plenty of other places who'll warmly invite me and mine in to dine. Have a nice Easter!

The consensus of opinion, reinforced by local managerial staff, was that corporate is more concerned with the misguided perceptions of out-of-state travelers than the realities of honest local people enjoying a nice dinner and acting responsibly.

We were told in confidence that we had never been anything other the terrific, polite customers and that they (local mgt) did not want to lose us, but that in the future we would need to carry concealed. Polite conversation followed explaining all the specifics - we parted as friends. Going to miss them, but not so much as to violate either our principles or our safety.