• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SPORTCO Burglarized

Jayd1981

Seems like one more good reason the public should be able to access a stolen gun database for private sales. If I call the KC Sheriff can they verify numbers for me ?

~Whitney

I'm sure they CAN. If they WILL for a citizen trying to be honest is a different question. I'm sure if they would be more than happy to check the serial number for you after the fact if you're ever detained.

amlevin

The PD's I've contacted on this topic have usually refused unless you are willing to bring the firearm to them in person. I guess that way they figure they have someone they can arrest if the piece is determined to be stolen.

Wonder how many guns that were stolen "in bulk" over the last year or so have been recovered or are they still like the former SPD chief's Glock and still "missing"?

How many of the "Lynnwood Guns" have been recovered?

MadHatter66

I'm sure they CAN. If they WILL for a citizen trying to be honest is a different question. I'm sure if they would be more than happy to check the serial number for you after the fact if you're ever detained.

Can they, yes... And no. It is actually against ACCESS policy to release that info to the general public. So they can run it, but that cannot tell you the results of the inquiry.

Trigger Dr

Can they, yes... And no. It is actually against ACCESS policy to release that info to the general public. So they can run it, but that cannot tell you the results of the inquiry.

But they really do tell you. They will either arrest you and/or keep the gun, or they will let you have the gun and leave. That would be your answer.