• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ghost hunting and open carry

XD40coyote

Did anyone catch the Bio channel last night for the new episodes of "My Ghost Story"? Episode 1 features as it's 3rd feature story, a Mr Tom Carr (investigating with a group) an old cloth/fiber mill in Utah. Wow, I'm so good, I can spot holsters in a split second ( serpa?), and then in another half second a little bit later in the story is some confirmation- I see open carry! Forget the ghosts!

Makes me wonder, how many others OC when in abandoned creepy places. I sure would, but what about those ghost gun grab attempts? Would it be ruining it for other ghost hunters as well as gun owners? And for Mr Tom Carr, the open carry did not deter that mean haunt from grabbing you and trying to push you down. Did the living members that night say anything about the open carry?

2 things I like- old abandoned creepy places with weird stuff going on in them, and open carry. I was so excited when I saw it that I wanted to run right here to OCDO, but I restrained myself.

eamelhorn

i watch the show but was dozing off, missed most of the show and the gun, sure would have like to see a ghost and the gun,LOL
I have noticed a couple of other shows with some people open carrying, one was an auction show, the guy was open carrying at a meet to look at some guns to buy for his auction.

XD40coyote

It was as if the film was edited to cut out seeing it, or the guy kept his angles so it wouldn't be so easily picked up on camera. I had to rewatch the segment as well.

Some time ago it was reported here or some other forum that OC was seen on Pawn Stars on people in the background, and I think it was on American Pickers once, something really brief though. I wish it was shown more, not these half second glimpses, or some 10 second bit in 1 in 100 episodes. You'd think it would add to the entertainment value to show it more. LOL of course they showed OC on American Guns, and that lady hoggers show, plus some of the guys/gals on Swamp People did it a few times. But only when gator hunting- I didn't see them OCing at home when eating dinner with family.

sawah

I sometimes wonder in those 'ghost reality shows' where the producers try to scare the participants what would happen if the person was armed and reacted to the staged threat as if it was real (especially those shows like 'Scare Tactics').

I had a dream last night where I was being tested for an advanced rank in Self-Defense, and at the end I was talking to some lady who had the advanced degree and I said 'you don't look so tough, how did you get the black belt in this?' She said 'come for a drive with me...' and then she took me on a drive and suddenly this guy sat up in the back seat (in the dream) and she said 'do you have the gun' (to the guy) and he said yes. I tried to open the passenger door and get out and she grabbed me by the back of the pants on the belt and restrained me. I just knew they were going to shoot me (again in the dream) and so I looked down and I had my firearm in my fanny pack so I drew it and put the muzzle on the forehead of the guy in the backseat and shot him. The girl immediately screamed 'IT WAS JUST A TEST'. I looked at her and said 'Oh. Did I pass?'.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Don't know. I've OC'd for the last two years, and have CC'd for more than 22 years. I've never seen any ghosts, despite having been in some very scary places. I've never had to draw my firearm in all of 23 years of carrying. I hope I never do, but am ready if necessary.

I think the "ghost stories" crap is crap, undermines our cause, and I question the motives of anyone posting such crap on OCDO.

Just saying.

- Since9

sawah

How does a bullet kill a ghost?

Simple - a ghost can't abide wearing a hol(e)y sheet. (bah-da-bing)\\

Edit to add:

I think the "ghost stories" crap is crap, undermines our cause, and I question the motives of anyone posting such crap on OCDO.

Dude, lighten up - it's in the Social Lounge. It's not a cause it's a conundrum. :)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

I had a dream last night where I was being tested for an advanced rank in Self-Defense, and at the end I was talking to some lady who had the advanced degree and I said 'you don't look so tough, how did you get the black belt in this?' She said 'come for a drive with me...' and then she took me on a drive and suddenly this guy sat up in the back seat (in the dream) and she said 'do you have the gun' (to the guy) and he said yes. I tried to open the passenger door and get out and she grabbed me by the back of the pants on the belt and restrained me. I just knew they were going to shoot me (again in the dream) and so I looked down and I had my firearm in my fanny pack so I drew it and put the muzzle on the forehead of the guy in the backseat and shot him. The girl immediately screamed 'IT WAS JUST A TEST'. I looked at her and said 'Oh. Did I pass?'.

It was both a real dream and a test - you passed as he was going to shoot you. :uhoh:

Want proof that you did the right thing? You woke up uninjured, right?

Sig229

2 things I like- old abandoned creepy places with weird stuff going on in them, and open carry. I was so excited when I saw it that I wanted to run right here to OCDO, but I restrained myself.

LOL
I know where you live and there are some really creepy places in that area. My ex-girlfriend used to live in Freeland, MD and we would always see old abandoned houses from the early 1800's and grave yards that date back to the 1700's around that area.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

XD40coyote

Don't know. I've OC'd for the last two years, and have CC'd for more than 22 years. I've never seen any ghosts, despite having been in some very scary places. I've never had to draw my firearm in all of 23 years of carrying. I hope I never do, but am ready if necessary.

Just saying.

- Since9

Wether you believe in ghosts or not, I find it prudent to be armed in such out of the way creepy abandoned places. I can't do it in MD, but I don't go to these sort of places anyway, unless old foundations overgrown with trees on a neighboring property count. The guy on the ghost show was OCing, if you have issue with it, his name was on the show- Tom Carr, and was in Utah. Find him and tell him yourself. I was hoping he hung around here actually, I could have some interesting PM's with him since I like old creepy places and the whole ghost thing.

My comment about OC not detering evil ghosts was a comedy crack. Of course it wouldn't, they are already dead LOL. Oh and ghost hunting OC- OMG it will ruin it for the rest of us!

Tom Carr

Tom Carr

Hello all, I am the Tom Carr that was on the show. I have to tell you they did not want me to open carry and I told them if they wanted the video they would have to let me. I carry open there all the time, I also have my CCW and most of my Paranormal team does as well. Thank you for your comments and I may add that they did cut out a lot of what we said and heard at the Baron Woolen Mill. I have had my CCW for ten years now. Anyway you can hear more at http://www.wasatchparanormal.com