• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ya can't fix STUPID... but, you can terminate it.

Gil223

"SALT LAKE CITY • A Utah elementary school teacher who was carrying a concealed firearm at work accidentally shot herself in the leg when the weapon discharged in a faculty bathroom shortly before class Thursday morning, officials said.

Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley said the teacher at Westbrook Elementary School, in the Salt Lake City suburb of Taylorsville, was severely injured when the bullet entered and exited her leg, and she was rushed to a hospital.

No other faculty or students were in the area, he said.

Officials are still investigating how the gun discharged."

Well, first of all the teacher couldn't have "accidentally shot herself in the leg" if the firearm mysteriously discharged on it's own. There has to be a booger hook involved for her to "shoot" anything. "Severely injured" is normally the result of a firearm projectile entering and leaving one's body, by whatever means. I do, however, await the results of the investigation with piqued curiosity. Pax...

davidmcbeth

Banned
"SALT LAKE CITY
Officials are still investigating how the gun discharged."

See, the firing pin or hammer struck the primer and the primer ignited the propellant, then the bullet came out.

Or going back further, billions and billions of years ago, gas compacted upon itself to form stars and whatnot, ....

Primus

See, the firing pin or hammer struck the primer and the primer ignited the propellant, then the bullet came out.

Or going back further, billions and billions of years ago, gas compacted upon itself to form stars and whatnot, ....

Negative. Like 2000 years ago god farted and...... Then that day she shot herself.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

FreeInAZ

Maybe. Show me yours I'll show u mine :D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

One must have compassion to understand the concept of religion and god. I'll leave it at that. Something tells me that rules out some here.

Now on topic. Since we know very little, it may have been any object (including a finger) that caused the trigger to travel backwards. Remember, many women like to dig around in their purses while in the potty. Some even carry their pistols their, I'm told by my Mrs. Without the proper holster there's plenty of items in a purse that could potentially get into the trigger guard (assuming the pistol is not a derringer).
:eek:

Of course this is all speculation. We just don't know enough at this point. Training is the key, looks like she may not have gotten enough?

Last edited: