• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mom's Demand Action Wear Orange Walk this Saturday 12th

poetdante

https://www.facebook.com/events/978917595508380/

So the silly group is going to be doing another event to promote more gun violence (most of their members just don't realize it yet). The latest "thing" they're trying is to wear bright orange clothing ("the color that hunters wear") to raise awareness for gun violence. They'll start at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church but don't know which direction they'll walk to. I thought the notion of wearing orange was interesting, as I have a nice orange NRA hat. You think that's the kind of thing they mean? Because I wear it on campus and have been for a while now.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I would recommend marching with them. A few years ago the momagainsteverything partnered with a seattle group for an anti-gun rally. We all went armed of course and joined the parade thru the city. After about ten steps we rolled out an eight foot OCDO banner. Bunches of women fell in right behind us. It was great.

View attachment 12887

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would recommend marching with them. A few years ago the momagainsteverything partnered with a seattle group for an anti-gun rally. We all went armed of course and joined the parade thru the city. After about ten steps we rolled out an eight foot OCDO banner. Bunches of women fell in right behind us. It was great.

View attachment 12887

Awesome ... you have a permit for that banner? Where's your first amendment permit ! You took classes right? You could poke someone's eye out with that dangerous banner.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The facebook page shows 19 going. That usually means 2 will show-up.

If 10 or so show-up wearing orange and packing heat you will confuse them to no end......

bc.cruiser

solus

Probably why NC won't let us OC at parades. snipp...

BC, et al., here is why NC put in those provisions in their Statutes:

The Greensboro massacre occurred on November 3, 1979 in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States. Five protest marchers were shot and killed by members of the Ku Klux Klan and the American Nazi Party at a rally organized by communists intended to demonstrate radical, even violent, opposition to the Klan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_massacre

w/video which is quite disturbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV07Z5C2kHg
ipse

Last edited:

poetdante

I might go. Don't know yet. Still trying to think if I can accomplish anything useful, and if so, what/how. Definitely don't have any props to help. Maybe my dashing good looks and bright hat will be enough to get some conversations going. now to figure out how to OC if it is cold...

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I'm planning on going to this event and recording it. Anyone want to meet me there? I could use some back-up. I don't like to attend these kind of events without someone else there, just in case. If you are interested in going, please send me and email at onthemoveshow@gmail.com or message me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MackWorleyIII.
You're coming from Washington state to attend?

That's real commitment!

ps1mhd

out numbered

About 120 of them to 3 of us! Had fun standing with My ARw/40rd mag and Beretta with 30rd mag.
Did paper and tv interviews I know I need more work. Most looked like they had marched in the peace marches in the 60's:banana: The one woman invited us to join them nice lady.

I know it was short warning but we should of had more people there.

Mike

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The facebook page shows 19 going. That usually means 2 will show-up.

If 10 or so show-up wearing orange and packing heat you will confuse them to no end......

About 120 of them to 3 of us! Had fun standing with My ARw/40rd mag and Beretta with 30rd mag.
Did paper and tv interviews I know I need more work. Most looked like they had marched in the peace marches in the 60's:banana: The one woman invited us to join them nice lady.

Mike
Would seem that they were better organized/prepared/motivated - they put boots on the ground.

Please link any media responses.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Distortions/misreputations = lies, and lies repeated often enough........

"According to the Brady Campaign, 31 Americans are murdered with guns every day and 151 are treated for a gun assault in an emergency rooms. It also notes that a gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used to kill or injure in a domestic homicide, suicide or unintentional shooting than to be used in self-defense."
http://www.courier-journal.com/story...walk/77155162/

BB62

Accomplished Advocate

Mike
I had thought about coming down, but it seems like only one person said they were going, so I didn't bother.