• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MN Permit to Carry Training Course

phred

At the Open Carry Picnic in Seymour, I won a Free Class to Robert Amey's MN Permit to Carry Training Course. This class will be held at the Hudson Gun Club. The remaining choices of dates are Oct. 2nd, Oct 16th, and Dec. 11th, 2010.

I will not be able to use the certificate for this free class. If you are interested AND will attend, I will mail it to you. I spoke with Bob at the Glenwood City event and he said it was transferable.

PM me for details. I will post on this thread when I have sent the certificate to someone.

phred

It is free

Only one "interested" so far and it is free - really.

btw

I just noticed

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. We are justified through our faith in the Bill of Rights, the gospel of our Founding Fathers, and not required to "earn" the right to carry guns.

This is a good one Doug.

phred

Thanks. I've been struggling through the Lutheran Concordia these few months past. My reading of the Lutheran Concordia has firmed and affirmed, for me, the analogy between protestantism and the NRA.

I hope you get it figured out. I've heard it said that a person should always believe in something. So, I believe - "I'll have another".

In the meantime, keep packin'. The Island depends on you

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Doug wasn't being serious Johnny. He was just sniping at the NRA.
On the contrary, my "sniping at the NRA" is entirely serious and a theme that runs throughout all of my reading. The NRA is anathema to the Second Amendment. Which part of "shall not be infringed" do y'all, you and the NRA apologists, not understand? I thank you to allow me to speak for myself and to not presume my motives. IOW MYOB (Robert A. Heinlein)

When I pick up a book I generally have no idea of how it might apply to this or that interest. I just today finished 'Why There's Antifreeze in Your Toothpaste: The Chemistry of Household Ingredients' by Simon Quellen Field. It obviously had nothing to do with the politics of rights. I read it as a break from Angelo Codevilla's 'The Character of Nations', that obviously does. How I can make it apply to the anathema that is NRA remains to be seen. I have a long way to go.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
You may speak for yourself.

I am not the least bit humorous or flippant or jocular. I can't imagine you're suggesting that I am witty, a synonym.

No I said you were being facetious. You can read can't you?

If you were not being facetious, then please go ahead and contrast and compare the Lutheran Concordia with the NRA for us as promised.

I wait with bated breath...

Last edited:

The Don

Boy you are kind of hamstrung without your sockpuppets eh Doug? Usually this is where they would jump into the fight spewing vile and venom.

Hell, you aren't even getting help from our resident sh!tbird. WTF?

'Salright, I'm here.

He's entitled to his opinion, Spartacus. If you don't agree with it, that's fine, but there's no need to continue harassing him about an issue that's been resolved to everyone's (including the Admin) satisfaction except yours.

If or when he explains it, argue the merits, but leave the personal crap out of it. No one else is interested in personal attacks.

Spartacus

Banned
'Salright, I'm here.

He's entitled to his opinion, Spartacus. If you don't agree with it, that's fine, but there's no need to continue harassing him about an issue that's been resolved to everyone's (including the Admin) satisfaction except yours.

If or when he explains it, argue the merits, but leave the personal crap out of it. No one else is interested in personal attacks.

This is a new issue Don. You have missed the point entirely.

The Don

This is a new issue Don. You have missed the point entirely.

No, the NRA thing is new, but anytime you bring up what you call sock puppets you're bringing up old issues. Which is my point...argue the merits of the new issue and stop bringing old crap that've been resolved.

Spartacus

Banned
No, the NRA thing is new, but anytime you bring up what you call sock puppets you're bringing up old issues. Which is my point...argue the merits of the new issue and stop bringing old crap that've been resolved.

Resolved to your satisfaction, not mine. You are new to the fight but I've battled his stupid alters for months; first not knowing they were his and then after realizing they were, fighting to expose them.

The lesson is... watch your words and actions on OCDO because your history follows you.

Last edited: