• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

40th Annual Great Midwest Marijuana Harvest Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze

The Department of Veterans Affairs has authorized any veteran currently receiving certain medications from the VA to use marijuana in a state where it is legal.

Right now Wisconsin veterans are being denied the benefits of using medical marijuana legally. I do not know if you are a veteran or not, it does not matter. This would be another justification for OC at the fest in that you are supporting our precious veterans right to use medical marijuana in a state that currently will not allow it.

Some posters on this forum will question what does this have anything to do with going to the fest while armed. Any parade I have attended honors military veterans with the carrying of firearms by a veterans organization honor guard.

A majority of the posters on this forum always preach OC anytime and anywhere it is legal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/24/health/policy/24veterans.html

Spartacus

Banned
Some posters on this forum will question what does this have anything to do with going to the fest while armed. Any parade I have attended honors military veterans with the carrying of firearms by a veterans organization honor guard.

Is this is your way of equating a military honor guard with one of our guys that likes to smoke dope showing up at Weedstock armed?

Canard

I think you should attend the event as you would normally. Do you were a sidearm for protection? Won't do you much good at home while you're downtown. Who says carrying your sidearm has to be to prove a political position? Can't it be just for protection?

Spartacus

Banned
I think you should attend the event as you would normally. Do you were a sidearm for protection? Won't do you much good at home while you're downtown. Who says carrying your sidearm has to be to prove a political position? Can't it be just for protection?

It might have been but since the OP didn't mention self defense, his reason for going to Weedstock armed is indeed purely political and designed to be inflammatory at that.

All the posturing in the world about how medically beneficial marijuana is doesn't disguise the fact that most users simply enjoy the high just the same as I might enjoy a bit of Irish Whiskey. The only difference being of course is that pot is still illegal. So carrying a sidearm in support of an illegal drug while representing WCI and what we stand for is not a good idea.

I suppose some of you would argue that federal tyranny is infringing on your right to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of a good solid buzz.

BROKENSPROKET

It might have been but since the OP didn't mention self defense, his reason for going to Weedstock armed is indeed purely political and designed to be inflammatory at that.

All the posturing in the world about how medically beneficial marijuana is doesn't disguise the fact that most users simply enjoy the high just the same as I might enjoy a bit of Irish Whiskey. The only difference being of course is that pot is still illegal. So carrying a sidearm in support of an illegal drug while representing WCI and what we stand for is not a good idea.

I suppose some of you would argue that federal tyranny is infringing on your right to pursue life, liberty and the pursuit of a good solid buzz.

I am not going to Weedstock. That is entirely a seperate event, even if it is still an event.

How can you assume to know what my intentions are? ....purely political and designed to be inflammatory...?

I have stated that my primary reason for going is to show support for the legalization of cannabis, Cannabis Rx, and industrial hemp. I carry everywhere I can do so legally.

blaze

So are you trying to say you are a WCI board member while mumbling what we stand for or do not stand for?

Read the last 2 sentences in the WCI credo. Going to the festival the OP is referring to while OCing is not unlawful and most definitely a 2A basic right.

Mlutz

I am going to chime in here, (and do so to kill this thread) I think of all places I would like to carry, it would be at a "festival" where (I can only assume) most people will be under the influence of an illegal drug. Even though I try to avoid situations where I think I may have a problem. (Like Center street in milwaukee... I think thats right.) Either way, I wouldnt go to this event while I oc... If you do so, thats your thing. :)

BROKENSPROKET

I am going to chime in here, (and do so to kill this thread) I think of all places I would like to carry, it would be at a "festival" where (I can only assume) most people will be under the influence of an illegal drug. Even though I try to avoid situations where I think I may have a problem. (Like Center street in milwaukee... I think thats right.) Either way, I wouldnt go to this event while I oc... If you do so, thats your thing. :)

If the illegal drug were crystal meth, crack cocaine, herione, or acid, I would not be there. But if I had to go, I would definitely carry for protection. I would not even want to be around people drinking. But cannabis, I have no concern. When is the last time you heard of somone coming home stoned and beating the wife and kids.Cannabis may be illegal, but so is conceal carry. Anyone who believes that cannabis should remain illegal has been indoctrinated worse than an anti-gunner.

Mlutz

If the illegal drug were crystal meth, crack cocaine, herione, or acid, I would not be there. But if I had to go, I would definitely carry for protection. I would not even want to be around people drinking. But cannabis, I have no concern. When is the last time you heard of somone coming home stoned and beating the wife and kids.Cannabis may be illegal, but so is conceal carry. Anyone who believes that cannabis should remain illegal has been indoctrinated worse than an anti-gunner.

I never said anything about cannabis being "good or bad". I'm not about to get into that whole thing. :) Also, Brian Scolaro? Great comedian. No need to be mad at me. :)

BROKENSPROKET

I never said anything about cannabis being "good or bad". I'm not about to get into that whole thing. :) Also, Brian Scolaro? Great comedian. No need to be mad at me. :)

No need to be mad at me. Is that one of Brian Scolaro's comedic lines. Now I'll have to see if I can find him on you tube. I am not mad at you. It's pretty hard to get me mad. But you did threaten to kill my thread, so I am a lil' cautious. This thread has gotten longer than I thought it would and I still don't have a 2A buddy to join me.

Glockface

My neighbor kid smokes alot of weed.He just dropped out of college,got fired from his full time job, and just got his first DUI! Face it, weed makes you stupid!

Cobbersmom

What is legal may not be in good taste...

So definitely don't OC in church, grocery store, Menards, Best Buy, etc. because some people might not find it in good taste. Uh huh, sure. Now we're back to carrying where someone else wants to decide where it appropriate and where it's not appropriate. <sarcasm>

Spartacus

Banned
So definitely don't OC in church, grocery store, Menards, Best Buy, etc. because some people might not find it in good taste. Uh huh, sure. Now we're back to carrying where someone else wants to decide where it appropriate and where it's not appropriate. <sarcasm>

Apples and oranges. The grocery store, Menard's and Best Buy have no policy so I carry there all the time. Church is indeed one of those gray areas where we need to use discretion in order not to upset people which would hurt the cause rather than further it. Ask BNH or Serpent how their church experience was just a few weeks back... not good.

When OC becomes more mainstream then our opportunities to carry will widen but for now its important to be sensitive as to how the folks on the street and the media perceive us. This isn't just about pushing our way into any possible venue, its about making friends not enemies.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Amazing, did you learn how to read minds during the right years you spent learning from that medicine man in the Yukon, or have you always known that trick? If I send in a couple of Lucky Charms box tops and $2.95 to join your fan club can you teach me how to read minds too?

Seriously, quit making up crap to support your argument.

Incidently, you were wrong about it being called Weedstock (which I would guess you know since you're so familiar with the OP and able to read minds and all). Any chance you'll actually admit you were wrong "like a man should"?

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

And I am not wrong. The pot get together in Madison is the new weedstock with even the same characters including Ben Masel being involved. How do I know this? My old GF's dad had a weedstock on his farm back in the 80's.

Again, they can talk about the medical and monetary benefits of pot all they want but basically it boils down to just wanting to get high.

Last edited:
M

McX

i thought the Church visit went ok for Hubert, did i miss something? I guess it would be ok to go to a festival of that nature, but i would be wary of 'guilt by association', plus a hard core stoner may try to pack your carry gun with weed, thinking it's a fancy bong or something. doobie...doobie....do...........

blaze

You are really getting your post count up following me around and pooping on my shoulder. From 6 posts when you started to over a hundred... good job. Also, I know BrokenSprocket personally so I don't need my shaman training to correctly evaluate his posts.

And I am not wrong. The pot get together in Madison is the new weedstock with even the same characters including Ben Masel being involved. How do I know this? My old GF's dad had a weedstock on his farm back in the 80's.

Again, they can talk about the medical and monetary benefits of pot all they want but basically it boils down to just wanting to get high.

Its kind of funny though... I've had about a half-dozen guys talk sh!t to me on OCDO down through the months but its strange because when I meet them in person all of a sudden they get tongue-tied and are very respectful. I can't wait to meet you Don.

Read the WCI credo.

BROKENSPROKET

Its kind of funny though... I've had about a half-dozen guys talk sh!t to me on OCDO down through the months but its strange because when I meet them in person all of a sudden they get tongue-tied and are very respectful. I can't wait to meet you Don.

I won't be tongue tied the next time we meet up. Vernon County Fair I hope it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.