• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB69 is being voted on in assembly right now

bmwguy11

...I'm not going to take a scumbags life over my truck unless they tried to use it as a weapon.
Not to mention, who actually tries to car jack someone without a weapon? wouldn't you just roll up the window and/or drive away? lol

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
What is the Suder amendment and did it pass with the "any place a person may legally be" clause?

The Suder amendment was not "stand your ground". It was only clearing up the fact that just because "Castle Doctrine" law didn't specify a place other than home, business, or car, does not mean that we are not entitled to claim the privilege of self defense in other locations. It was to keep activist courts from effectively abolishing the privilege to claim self defense in other places.

Last edited:

Law abider

The Suder amendment was not "stand your ground". It was only clearing up the fact that just because "Castle Doctrine" law didn't specify a place other than home, business, or car, does not mean that we are not entitled to claim the privilege of self defense in other locations. It was to keep activist courts from effectively abolishing the privilege to claim self defense in other places.

Good! Thanks for the info. Since there are so many statutes and new ones being created, regarding firearms, CC,OC etc... I still haven't sortrd them out in my mind.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Good! Thanks for the info. Since there are so many statutes and new ones being created, regarding firearms, CC,OC etc... I still haven't sortrd them out in my mind.

This one definitely isn't for lack of research. We visited several Reps yesterday and none of them knew what the amendment was. We actually had to go to Sudor's office to find out!

Last edited:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I have been in the unfortunate situation of being the VICTIM of an attempted carjacking, the perp jumped into my car through an unlocked passenger side doorat a stoplight in Ft. Pierce FL, he held a knife to my throat, demanded that I drive. While driving he demanded my wallet, and instructed me to drive to a shopping center, get out and leave my wallet with him.
Him wanting my wallet gave me a chance to get a hand on the grip of my revolver which was holstered in an RH holster in the small of my back (I'm a lefty), when I got a grip on my gun, I slammed on the brakes and drew my gun, his head slamming into the dashboard made him drop the knife, and when he saw a stainless .357 aimed at him, his demeanor changed from violent to apologetic rather quickly. I ordered hiom out of the car on the passenger side and I followed, I kept him face down on the ground with my foot on his neck until the police arrived several minutes later, a store owner saw it going down and made the call.