• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

has the state of emergency been dropped by the govoner

richp

during the snows last month the govoner posted a state of emergency. it takes the state a while to usually drop it. i might have read the laws wrong, but i thought there was no OC during a posted emergency? but maybe it was dropped by now. any info, or http will be appreciated.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
i might have read the laws wrong, but i thought there was no OC during a posted emergency?

18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 6107(a) prohibits OC on public streets and public property during a state of emergency, with exceptions for persons "actively engaged" in self-defense and persons licensed to carry firearms or authorized to carry without a license. A violation of this statute is a misdemeanor of the first degree, 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 6119, which is punishable by up to 5 years in prison, 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 1104, which results in a lifetime disqualification from possessing firearms under federal law unless the person receives a pardon or expungement, see 18 U.S.C. §§ 921(a)(20) and 922(g)(1).

Jack House

I hope English is your second language. The anti's try to present gun rights advocates as retarded inbred hicks; we do not need to provide fodder.
Says the man utilizing improper punctuation. Pffft.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

jahwarrior

I hope English is your second language. The anti's try to present gun rights advocates as retarded inbred hicks; we do not need to provide fodder.

I think you mean to type, "The antis try to present gun rights advocates as retarded inbred hicks."

Also, there was no reason to be an @$$hole to the OP, unless you just enjoy being an @$$hole to people for no good reason.