• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gene German News Flash

phred

This from an email:
It has been a while since I last sent you an Up-Date so I thought this would be a good time to get everyone caught up with what is going on in Madison.

New Day

The overall mood at the Capitol has greatly improved. Having said that there remain several very serious and pressing matters that need legislators’ immediate attention. Frankly, passing a carry bill isn’t one of them. Jobs, the economy and the budget have the undivided attention of everyone right now, as they should. The election did not fix these problems it only changed whose ideas to fix them have a chance of success. There is still a lot of heavy lifting ahead to do.

I can share with you a few details from 10,000 feet about what the next carry law will probably look like based upon reliable sources. However, the final details are still subject to the whims of the legislature. The next carry bill will have many different sets of fingerprints on it before it goes to the governor.

Most of the Constitutional Carry Strategy Worked

I am sorry to say that Constitutional carry (also known as unlicensed open carry) will probably not survive in the new carry law as I had hoped. Since early in 2007 a small group of people have worked very hard to reestablish the Constitutional carry rights of Wisconsin citizens and we are very proud of our accomplishments. We made no secret that reestablishing Constitutional carry per se was not the end game. It was but a small part of a much bigger strategy to pass a good carry law, no matter who the Governor was.

The good news is that legislators have come to appreciate that Constitutional carry is now and always has been the law of Wisconsin and yes, some restrictions apply. Prior to the first explorers stepping foot in Wisconsin in 1622 the Native Americans carried their weapons openly if they wished, even prior to the writing of the Constitution. This historical enlightenment over the public education system in just a few years was a huge achievement.

For reasons we can probably blame on the education system, demands for “Constitutional carry” have been sent to a few legislators. I can not think of a better way for those people to loose all their credibility and become irrelevant in Madison than to waste a legislators’ precious time needlessly asking for something they already have. Legislators are also sensitive to the growing unfavorable public opinion of open carriers.

Constitutional Carry Served its Main Purpose

I did speak to one Senator who voted against the last concealed carry bill and admitted to me that if he had known Constitutional carry was lawful in 2005, that he would have voted for the last concealed carry bill. The plan was to use Constitutional carry to flip enough legislators who voted no before, to change their vote to yes and over ride the next Doyle veto of a carry law. I believe we have more than enough votes to pass a carry law today even if Doyle had remained the governor.

What’s Next?

A carry bill will probably be introduced sometime this spring or summer. As before, the next carry bill has bi-partisan support but unlike before, a two thirds super majority in the legislature will not be needed to pass the bill on to the Governor. What this means is the final bill should be a much better law with broad protections for both the permit holder and the community at large, but it will likely be a concealed carry law once again. Based upon the seriously sour mood toward open carriers, I have to question if open carry even with a carry permit will be possible. Time will tell.

Poster Child for Training

One last thing, let’s not forget about Jesus Gonzales. His trial is set for February 28 for two counts of First Degree Intentional Homicide (one count is a Felony A and one count a Felony B). Folks training is mandatory. It only depends upon if the training occurs before your gun goes bang or after your gun goes bang. I can promise you the cost of training was much, much higher when completed after the gun goes bang for Jesus, the people who were shot and the taxpayers of the State of Wisconsin who may be told to provide Jesus room and board for a very long time.

You can follow his case here:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...ffset=0&mode=details&submit=View+Case+Details

Believe me, It’s About Liberty, Your Liberty.

Gene German
Minnesota DPS Certified - Senior AACFI Firearms Instructor

AACFI Wisconsin State Director

Wisconsin Patriots, Founder

Wisconsin Gun Rights Examiner

This, from Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Lakes ......

M

McX

i find it offensive to mention Mr. Gonzoles' plight in a document of this nature, and infer any amount of training would have changed the outcome of his encounter. SELF DEFENSE IS NOT A CRIME!~SELF DEFENSE DOES NOT REQUIRE TRAINING!

blaze

What a PIMP he is to use Jesus' plight to try and fill his pockets.

Whatever bad luck befalls this guy is well deserved.

He makes it quite clear he has a hard on for open carry and it makes me sick to read his tripe.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
What is he trying to accomplish?

let me tell you;

Gene German is trying to make it illegal for me to carry a sidearm for defensive purposes when I am out picking berries in the woods during the summer months.
So according to him I can only defend myself against large carnivorous animals in the woods if I have permission from the government and I have completed a mandated training course!

What will this do for hunting? Will we all need to acquire carry permits to be able to hunt now too?

this idiot needs to be stopped! I do not care how it is done or where it is done, he needs to be stopped before he is able to damage my constitutionally guaranteed rights anymore!

JerryD

one thing I do not get is why this idiot(my opinion not that of anyone connected with this forum) is so concerned about our future carry rights, could it be this bonehead has an ulterior motive? I also have to wonder how people are actually giving this idiot( see previous parenthesis) money believing they are doing good only to screw themselves over.

Last edited:

phred

It is obvious that Gene German thinks he "owns" the concealed carry initiative in Wisconsin. It is also obvious that he stands to make a lot money on a permitted system and he knows it. The effect of his arrogance is not to only frustrate the Constitutional Carry movement and undermine the Constitution as a whole, but he also tends to discredit instructors as a whole. He gives credence to the idea that instructors support permitting for their financial benefit. I know instructors on both sides of this. Some have seen the light and some are, with German, on the dark side.

In my mind he needs to keep his nose out Wisconsin's business and stay in Minnesota. Furthermore, no Wisconsinite should spend their money for the profit of this Minnesota instructor by taking any training at all from him. He can keep his classes on the other side of the Great River!

hardballer

This person is incredibly vacuous, Having or showing a lack of thought or intelligence; mindless.

This is why it is so important to 'Write, speak, do."

We need to be heard above the drone of consciousless, self-aggrandizing, self-promoting gold diggers.

If we cannot be heard by word or deed, above the cacophonous roar of these money grubbers who will at our expense, spew untruths or half truths just as a means to their ends, we are lost. That is why when a letter must be sent, we all must send one. We all must make a phone call. We all must speak our mind and make our desire known.

Should we lose, it must not be for lack of decibel or content. It is each of our responsibilities, every one of us, to speak out and make our case known.

As for German's despicable use of Jesus for his own personal gain, it should be obvious to all that he does not care for Jesus' plight, so much as his own personal appearance of concern and his pocket book. Shame on you Gene.

Nuff said...

Hardballer out!

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
The gloves are off.

These are the actions of a sleazebag trying to feather his own nest by any means he can, including an attempt to use the plight of Jesus in the worst possible way. Notice also how he tries to muddy the waters by confusing Constitutional Carry with Open Carry. He will obviously do or say anything to gain his selfish ends. :cuss:

hardballer

These are the actions of a sleazebag trying to feather his own nest by any means he can, including an attempt to use the plight of Jesus in the worst possible way. Notice also how he tries to muddy the waters by confusing Constitutional Carry with Open Carry. He will obviously do or say anything to gain his selfish ends. :cuss:

That is the problem with some one using a national podium and pseudo-intellect to push his nefarious agenda. This turd's comments need to be countered. He needs to be shown as the money grubber he is. We need to use facts and point out that these legislators constituency have not connection with German.

He needs to be shown for the gold digger he is.

phred

Wisconsin Patriots

If you want to have a real good laugh, go here

http://www.wisconsinpatriots.com/

"Fight for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms" ya right :banghead:

"We're moving!"

Can anyone explain what is "Wisconsin Gun Rights Examiner"

ok, I'll stop

btw, I sent him an email (genegerman@ccwtrainer.com ) to let him know how many friends he has here.

Last edited: