• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support... To be elected?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
All well and good, but at the end of the day, is he going to vote for/represent the citizens, or vote in favor making exceptions for elected officials,while letting the citizens rot. What we need/want is someone who's actually going to carry out what the voters want-not just tell us what we want to hear,and then do a 180 on us at the last minute like we just had happen.

Sorry,but unless/until shown otherwise, my take on those currently in power is skeptical in the extreme now.We've heard way too much of this "oh yeah,sure,we'll support Bill X" and then sit back and watch-without opposing-as others amend it to something other than Bill X. Sorry, but to me, that's just as bad as the asshat that ammends it.

I put down for Bax back when I was still in that district. He's a huge step up from Dean. Dean has made some other people unhappy lately, as well. He shouldn't be hard to replace.

j4l

I put down for Bax back when I was still in that district. He's a huge step up from Dean. Dean has made some other people unhappy lately, as well. He shouldn't be hard to replace.

Good. hope so.

j4l

Count me in too. I'm an attorney with campaign knowledge, and I know a few of the right folks with tech knowledge who would be more than willing to get in on thensocial media act for a worthy candidate.

Excellent.

~*'Phoenix'*~

didn't we just confirm that Baxley actually stood up for OC at the 517 committee meeting?
Let's get OCers state- (if not nation-) wide to bump him up to the senate next years campaigns. I don't care if he also supports some elitist benefits type bills, if he's the type of guy who will actively support OC/constitutional carry and has a decent ethics record.
If he's up for stepping up to the senate, I'd vvolunteer to do some campaign/sign holding/door-to-door volunteering. Maybe he's let me carry some campaign business cards and pass them out from my empty holster :p

Last edited:

j4l

didn't we just confirm that Baxley actually stood up for OC at the 517 committee meeting?
Let's get OCers state- (if not nation-) wide to bump him up to the senate next years campaigns. I don't care if he also supports some elitist benefits type bills, if he's the type of guy who will actively support OC/constitutional carry and has a decent ethics record.
If he's up for stepping up to the senate, I'd vvolunteer to do some campaign/sign holding/door-to-door volunteering. Maybe he's let me carry some campaign business cards and pass them out from my empty holster :p

If that's the case, then sure. But we need more than one. And we have far more than just one or two foes. So, we still need to find and consider candidates-new candidates-about whom we have no "maybe he is/maybe he isnt" on our side issues.
In addition to the foes, we have a lot of spineless "allies" who say "yah",while standing aside in silence as folks under-mine and ammend the teeth out of our efforts.Those need to be sent packing as well.

Willm3053

Maybe we can get Suzanna Gratia Hupp to move to FL and run, she make something happen.

Sent from my HTC EVO!

j4l

Maybe we can get Suzanna Gratia Hupp to move to FL and run, she make something happen.

Sent from my HTC EVO!

Ya know, that IS the kind of person we need to have, and be supporting. THIS is someone who GET IT.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"[edit] Death of parentsOn Wednesday, October 16, 1991, Hupp and her parents were having lunch at the Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen. She had left her gun in her car to comply with Texas state law at the time, which forbade carrying a concealed weapon. When George Hennard drove his truck into the cafeteria and opened fire on the patrons, Hupp instinctively reached into her purse for her weapon, but it was in her vehicle. Her father, Al Gratia, tried to rush Hennard and was shot in the chest. As the gunman reloaded, Hupp escaped through a broken window and believed that her mother, Ursula Gratia, was behind her. Hennard put a gun to her mother's head as she cradled her mortally wounded husband. Hupp's mother and father were killed along with twenty-one other persons. Hennard also wounded some twenty others. As a survivor of the Luby's massacre, Hupp testified across the country in support of concealed-handgun laws. She said that had there been a second chance to prevent the slaughter, she would have violated the Texas law and carried the handgun inside her purse into the restaurant."

Now contrast this woman, with a certain one in Long Island in 1993. McCarthy- who's son and husband were passengers on the train during Colin Furgesson's rampage.
When this savage went on his shooting spree, the passengers were sitting ducks.
Ever been on a Long Island railroad train? Cramped, confined, no where to go/run to/take cover from a gunman.
Being NY,of course, common citizens are not permitted sidearms. Carried or otherwise.
All any of them could do was sit there in their seats and accept the bullet to the head.
Now, McCarthy took the exact OPPOSITE stance on the matter.
Blaming the guns,instead of the madman doing the shooting, and deciding that the alredy draconian anti-gun laws in NY were not rectrictive enough.
She ran for office-and won-repeatedly to be a Rep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_McCarthy