• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Open Carry Picnic August 28, 2011

sprinklerguy28

Come join Michigan Open Carry for a picnic on August 28, 2011 at 2:00pm. It will be held at Metro Beach Metro Park in Harrison Twp. MOC will provide some hamburgers and hot dogs along with a grill. Please post if you can come and a dish that you can bring to pass. As we will not have a pavilion please bring chairs and umbrellas if possible. MOC will have a table and tent set up for food.

The park has beach access, swimming pool, mini golf, squirt zone, and a par 3 golf course. Come enjoy the summer, bbq, and camaraderie with fellow OCers and supporters.

http://www.metroparks.com/parks/index_all.aspx?ID=9&r=0

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
LAID is same day? Rick didn't post over here? This could have been avoided! What to do, what to do? I haven't missed a Belle Isle LAID yet...
i got an invite on facebook for it yesterday (MOC had theirs up first)
his event goes from 10am to 8pm though which would make it feasible to go to both (if you have the time and energy)

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

Shameless Bump!

Scott - you can borrow my 12'x12' canopy tent in the event I cannot make it (work may necessitate me being out of town).

eastmeyers

I will try my best to make it out, and try even harder to drag out PDinDetroit. I will be bringing some family most likely as well.

I will bring a case of water, a water melon, and a bag of Doritos, as well!

See y'all after Church services, God Bless!

malignity

Wife and I are attending on the bike.

Also bringing TheSzerdi and his girlfriend on theirs.

May have another friend join with his as well. Look for the motorcycles. :)

Also, PD if you come to the picnic, I need your number. Got some MOC stuff to discuss with you.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Dang it!

We made it out but missed you guys! Ran behind getting out of the Belle Isle picnic [Lots of press there]. Got there about 5:30 and once the little one saw the splash pad / beach & the tot playground that was it. She wasn't leaving that area without a battle :eek: