• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bowling or pool anyone

jonjon_jon

As Steve from local stated "We have had regular meetings in the southeast part of the state near New Orleans since the beginning."

I would be willing to meet for bowling or pool at half way point from portland augusta once month through winter months. We could do pizza and talk opencarry. This could be family event for all, bring wife kids girlfriends. If no one shows it's no big deal bowl with the kids/wife and not a waste of the night. Is anyone in?

New Members you're invited also so don't be bashful, if you've never opened carried and want some support here's your chance!

jonjon_jon

When is good for people? I usually get out of work around 6 in South Portland.

I'm kinda leaning toward doing something around 700/7:30 either Sat/Sun evening. I'd love to get couple more people though. We have couple new users on the forum. Why don't you join us and meet the guys? I may be able to help with ride if you need trasportation and it's not to far out of way.

jonjon_jon

Shane and I would very much like all open carriers that want to attend bowling to be able to come. Is there a Sat/Sun night at the end of the month that won't work for anyone? If so please let us know? I will contact Shane and try to have date set soon if no one responds with a concern.

We both are looking forward to spending time with you and receiving your input. Whether you carry or not is up to you.

jonjon_jon

I contacted one place and they never got back to me. I'll give them call this weekend maybe? Have had some personal things going on has put opencarry on back burner but will attend to business.

I called Spare Time today talked to the manager. At first he told me no carrying. I pushed the point questioned no signs and pointed out open and concealed carry is legal within State law? I also pointed out that Wal Mart allows open carry within State Law. He was very nice and is calling Corporate to see if what the policy is going to be?

I sent Corporate a email few days ago that they didn't reply to. We'll see?

jonjon_jon

I called Spare Time today talked to the manager. At first he told me no carrying. I pushed the point questioned no signs and pointed out open and concealed carry is legal within State law? I also pointed out that Wal Mart allows open carry within State Law. He was very nice and is calling Corporate to see if what the policy is going to be?

I sent Corporate a email few days ago that they didn't reply to. We'll see?

We were refused! We are not welcome. I can work on another alley but will wait for comments.

http://www.sparetimebrunswick.com/

Last edited:

boyscout399

We were refused! We are not welcome. I can work on another alley but will wait for comments.

http://www.sparetimebrunswick.com/

I used the "contact us" link to send this email:

I was surprised to hear that your business has chosen to discriminate against the group I belong to and refuse us as customers. Maine Open Carry Association wanted to have a get together at your business which could have become a regular occurrence for us. You have chosen to not allow us there and refuse a dozen customers. In such slow economic times I fail to see why you would choose to refuse a group of well behaved upstanding citizens from a night of entertainment. We were willing to give you guys our hard earned dollars, but apparently, you would rather we frequent your competition. I respect your choice, I just think it's the wrong one from a business standpoint.