• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What ya gonnna do now TSA? Breast implants filled with explosives?

davidmcbeth

Banned
“Sources have said that security at Heathrow is taking longer as they check busts,” writes the Daily Mail.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ert-over-breast-implants-suicide-bomb-threat/

All the garbage we were supposed to accept and now its all down the drain?

Ya cannot do anything about explosives in implants ... unless you want to subject breasts to a jolt that would set it off on the ground.

Really, I don't think that this is any significant threat to the US.

Honk! Honk! Ka-Boom!

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Wow.

Strictest aviation security regime. Sounds like a place I don't want to go.

Also, if you couldn't have previously expected to be sexually assaulted by airport security, you sure as hell can now.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Reducto ad absurdum.

Government will stretch its justifications to the absurd. It will use almost anything to justify its intrusions, all of which are aimed at justifying its existence and its power.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

El Al doesn't use TSA. Guess how many hijackings/bombings El Al has had. One, and only one, hijacking in 1968.

Maybe someone needs to take a long, hard look at their methods and copy them?

ldsgeek

El Al doesn't use TSA. Guess how many hijackings/bombings El Al has had. One, and only one, hijacking in 1968.

Yeah, but that would mean PROFILING, and we all know that's worse than terrorism and killing innocent people.</sarcasm>

SFCRetired

Yeah, but that would mean PROFILING, and we all know that's worse than terrorism and killing innocent people.</sarcasm>

Yes, I know you intended that as sarcasm, but it brings up another point: What type of profiling is bad and what isn't? Profiling on the basis of race/ethnic origin can be misused. Profiling on the basis of mannerisms, which is what I understand El Al security does, is not a bad thing. It is also my understanding (El Al does not publish all their measures) that they start their surveillance/security activities the moment you buy a ticket and that there are certain indicators that they look for.

Unless what you want is security theater and a means of conditioning the populace to rampant violation of their rights, then you start applying methods that are known to work.

SFCRetired

Notice that I said, "can be misused", and it has been for far too many times. But, in the fight against crime, and especially against terrorism, I don't think there is a better tool. But there have to be some constraints against its misuse.

A good example of misuse is New York's "stop-and-frisk" idiocy. They targeted blacks and Hispanics and most likely let a bunch of Caucasian thugs walk free.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Notice that I said, "can be misused", and it has been for far too many times. But, in the fight against crime, and especially against terrorism, I don't think there is a better tool. But there have to be some constraints against its misuse.

A good example of misuse is New York's "stop-and-frisk" idiocy. They targeted blacks and Hispanics and most likely let a bunch of Caucasian thugs walk free.

I've spoken to thousands of black folks about their RKBA and how the white man is not allowing them too ... they did not seem concerned about it at all. Maybe they like being trampled on by the powers that be.

stealthyeliminator

I was going to make a bad joke about "and now the other half of the perverts will be applying at the TSA" but realized it was not the TSA being discussed.

I don't know a lot about them, but I somehow feel that copying the EI AI would not be beneficial to liberty. If it is not, then I don't believe their methods should be copied, regardless of their hijacking record.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yes, I know you intended that as sarcasm, but it brings up another point: What type of profiling is bad and what isn't? Profiling on the basis of race/ethnic origin can be misused. Profiling on the basis of mannerisms, which is what I understand El Al security does, is not a bad thing. It is also my understanding (El Al does not publish all their measures) that they start their surveillance/security activities the moment you buy a ticket and that there are certain indicators that they look for.

Unless what you want is security theater and a means of conditioning the populace to rampant violation of their rights, then you start applying methods that are known to work.

I was going to make a bad joke about "and now the other half of the perverts will be applying at the TSA" but realized it was not the TSA being discussed.

I don't know a lot about them, but I somehow feel that copying the EI AI would not be beneficial to liberty. If it is not, then I don't believe their methods should be copied, regardless of their hijacking record.

Disagree - see their methods much less intrusive on our liberties than those which we employ.