• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

status on H.R. 822??

Sorcice

Is there any movement on H.R. 822?? last I saw was:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=7169

"National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act Scheduled for House Floor on Tuesday— Contact Your U.S. Representative Immediately!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

H.R. 822—the “National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011” is scheduled for a vote on the U.S. House floor this Tuesday, November 15. We’ve told you the truth about why the legislation is very good for gun owners and now it is imperative that you contact your U.S. Representative IMMEDIATELY and urge him or her to vote for H.R. 822 WITH NO AMENDMENTS.

As we have been reporting all along, H.R. 822 is a good bill for gun owners. The bill will enable America’s millions of permit holders to exercise their right to self-defense while traveling outside their home states by requiring states to recognize each others' lawfully-issued carry permits, just as they recognize driver's licenses and carry permits held by armored car guards.

H.R. 822 does not create a federal licensing or registration system; does not establish a minimum federal standard for the carry permit; does not involve the federal bureaucracy in setting standards for carry permit; and it does not destroy or discourage the adoption of permitless carry systems such as those in Arizona, Alaska, Vermont and Wyoming.

Again, this critically important bill will be on the House floor on Tuesday. Please IMMEDIATELY contact your member of Congress and urge him or her to vote for H.R. 822 WITH NO AMENDMENTS.

You can find contact information for your U.S. Representative by using the "Write Your Representatives" tool at www.NRAILA.org. You may also contact your Representative by phone at (202) 225-3121. Additionally, you may CLICK HERE TO EMAIL YOUR MEMBER OF CONGRESS."

M

McX

the bill is a great idea, but i wonder how the states will react to a loss of a revenue stream from their issuing non-resident permits(?)

protias

the bill is a great idea, but i wonder how the states will react to a loss of a revenue stream from their issuing non-resident permits(?)

I wonder how the federal GFSZ will be affected by this, or if it will remain the same? I'm guessing the same.

M

McX

I wonder how the federal GFSZ will be affected by this, or if it will remain the same? I'm guessing the same.

i would guess that if your home state permit gives you access to a school zone, it would have to be good in other states. kinda negates the whole school zone thing then.

bmwguy11

No, you still have to follow the laws of the state you are in.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h822/text

A person carrying a concealed handgun under this section shall be permitted to carry a handgun subject to the same conditions or limitations that apply to residents of the State who have permits issued by the State or are otherwise lawfully allowed to do so by the State.

MilProGuy

Not entirely correct. HR 463 passed the House.

HR 463 was a resolution to consider HR 822 and to dispense with the rules regarding amendments and points of order. I believe 822 will actually come up today (11/16/11).

Quite right.

Stay tuned for further details. :dude:

Jay

Not entirely correct. HR 463 passed the House.

HR 463 was a resolution to consider HR 822 and to dispense with the rules regarding amendments and points of order. I believe 822 will actually come up today (11/16/11).

You are 100% correct I missed it sorry

wild boar

Hr 822...

...has 245 sponsors in the house, will be voted on this afternoon, and is expected to pass, but may be facing trouble in Senate. FOX NEWS. boar out.

bmwguy11

LOL tell me you are watching this and the crazy woman with the picture of the kid getting a flu shot.

bmwguy11

LOL her amendment is that someone who plans to travel to another state and carry there must contact law enforcement of that state 24 hours before they arrive to let them know they are going to carry in their state.

Her first amendment was that all states that allow CCW create a database of CCW license holders and that those databases are provided to a national database to all states available 24 hours a day so cops can look at it when they pull someone over.

Last edited:

protias

LOL her amendment is that someone who plans to travel to another state and carry there must contact law enforcement of that state 24 hours before they arrive to let them know they are going to carry in their state.

Her first amendment was that all states that allow CCW create a database of CCW license holders and that those databases are provided to a national database to all states available 24 hours a day so cops can look at it when they pull someone over.

I'm sure the criminal will register himself that he carries. :rolleyes: Does this woman even think for more than 3 seconds?

Jason in WI

This is why that is bad legislation! See the amendments they are trying to add? What do you think will happen when they figure out they can tweak this when they are back in full control?

This will come back too bit us in the butt.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

MilProGuy

Sheila Jackson Lee (D) Texas