• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petsmart is OC friendly in Covington.

Wolfgang1952

I went to Petsmart today to pick up some Fish Food. I saw one of my friends outside before entering the store. We talked for a while and also about me open carrying. I handed hem one of my trifolds from LOCAL. One of Petsmarts Cashiers heard us talking’ he asked if I had another flyer, so I gave hem one also. I did my shopping, and when I went to check out it was the same employee I saw outside. He asked if the gun had to be registered? I replied no. So Petsmart is OC friendly in Covington.

sraacke

That's what I call a "Law&Order" question. The public gets much of what they know about guns from mass media including cop shows like CIS and the popular Law and Order series. You always hear things like "I have a license for that" or "The suspect has 3 guns registered to his name". This sinks in wih most people who assume that all states and citys have similar requirements for registration and licensing. So from time to time you get these Law&Order questions and it's a good opportunity to educate the person who asks.

barf

Isn't there a web site that somebody put together that people can comment on and search for open carry friendly businesses? Maybe this site should link to it somewhere.

Wolfgang1952

Sorry for the miss information. Petsmart in Covington is not OC friendly. Fine with manager but not OK with district Manager.

That friend or foe sit is pretty good

Last edited:

sraacke

I just added the Racetrac in LaPlace where the clerk call the St John Sheriffs Dept on Moore3816 for carrying in the store. Six cop cars and 20 minutes of badgering a guy for something which is not against the law? Screw Racetrac and the St John SO too.
Add Petsmart to the list then send them a post card telling them that you are posting them to the site as well as several internet message boards. Hit them in the wallet.

Last edited: