• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More on Schnucks

HYRYSC

Except for where the article says;

The Post-Dispatch goes on to report that Target and Dierbergs also welcome concealed carry.

"We decided the Legislature had given our customers the right to carry, and we were going to honor that," said Steve Radcliff, Dierbergs' director of risk management.

I agree with it.

Legislature never gives anything, we always start out with ultimate freedom to do anything, then laws start removing freedoms, but they never grant a freedom.

Last edited:

cash50

Except for where the article says;

The Post-Dispatch goes on to report that Target and Dierbergs also welcome concealed carry.

"We decided the Legislature had given our customers the right to carry, and we were going to honor that," said Steve Radcliff, Dierbergs' director of risk management.

I agree with it.

Legislature never gives anything, we always start out with ultimate freedom to do anything, then laws start removing freedoms, but they never grant a freedom.

Yea that is annoying. The legislature "gave" me a right? Shheeeeeeyyyiitttt.

YuppieDog

Last edited:

Jaysann22

I had an interesting encounter with Schnucks a bit ago. I went in, passed right by the sign on the front door that says no firearms allowed. Did my shopping and went to cash out. ( I usually never shopped at schnucks simply because of the sign but i was in a hurry cuz i just finished a late shift and was tired and all other stores were miles out of my way.) Then when in line, i heard the lady in front of me say the word "robbery" to the cashier and they ended theiir conversation and the customer left.

As the cashier began to cash me out i tried to make small talk and asked about what the previous customer had said and was curious if the Schnucks had been recently robbed. The cashier said no but she said " We are getting a US bank in our store and the customer was curious if that would make our store more likely to be robbed"

I laughed alittle and simply but politely said "Well, I dont think the bank will make it more likely but the no firearms sign out front sure does." She looked puzzled and yet almost offended. She said "Well we dont allow firearms in here. We make anyone who carries leave." I giggled again and said "yeah, and i bet you lost their business. The ones who carry in the store and just shop are not the ones you should fear. Its the ones who you DONT know are armed and just rob you regardless of the sign." She then looked pissed. "well this is private property and we can do as we please." she said being snotty. I said "well this is America, and Americans have a tradition of carrying firearms, its a right that was declared from its inception. And this "private store" is on American soil.
She said "So you would just allow anyone into your home with a gun?" I said "well no, not just anyone, but my home isnt a business and isnt open to the public. IF it was, yes i would. Maybe this store is better suited in china, or the UK perhaps. Where the crime rate is nearly doubled." By then i was all ready to go and wished her a good night and left.
My take on the situation was that ignorance sometimes doesnt like to be brought back to reality. They prefer their false sense of security. :lol:

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yea that is annoying. The legislature "gave" me a right? Shheeeeeeyyyiitttt.

Concealed carry has never been a right per se, it was long ago determined that concealed carry was/is regulated since one hide their weapon (GOD DXXmit I am going to get ShXt for saying that from Doc) and open carry is SUPPOSED to be the right to bear arms with special permission and proving one is not a criminal in order to hide it (bangs head on desk Doc is gonna abuse me for this) so never confuse the RIGHT to carry it with the privilege to hide it.

BTW I think it is ok you have to PAY for the license to hide it, I think it is ok you have to be open to the government getting in your business to hide it, but only if the government stays the hell out of your business if you choose NOT TO HIDE IT.

Go a head Doc, have at it :)

Ruby

I had an interesting encounter with Schnucks a bit ago. I went in, passed right by the sign on the front door that says no firearms allowed. Did my shopping and went to cash out. ( I usually never shopped at schnucks simply because of the sign but i was in a hurry cuz i just finished a late shift and was tired and all other stores were miles out of my way.) Then when in line, i heard the lady in front of me say the word "robbery" to the cashier and they ended theiir conversation and the customer left.

As the cashier began to cash me out i tried to make small talk and asked about what the previous customer had said and was curious if the Schnucks had been recently robbed. The cashier said no but she said " We are getting a US bank in our store and the customer was curious if that would make our store more likely to be robbed"

I laughed alittle and simply but politely said "Well, I dont think the bank will make it more likely but the no firearms sign out front sure does." She looked puzzled and yet almost offended. She said "Well we dont allow firearms in here. We make anyone who carries leave." I giggled again and said "yeah, and i bet you lost their business. The ones who carry in the store and just shop are not the ones you should fear. Its the ones who you DONT know are armed and just rob you regardless of the sign." She then looked pissed. "well this is private property and we can do as we please." she said being snotty. I said "well this is America, and Americans have a tradition of carrying firearms, its a right that was declared from its inception. And this "private store" is on American soil.
She said "So you would just allow anyone into your home with a gun?" I said "well no, not just anyone, but my home isnt a business and isnt open to the public. IF it was, yes i would. Maybe this store is better suited in china, or the UK perhaps. Where the crime rate is nearly doubled." By then i was all ready to go and wished her a good night and left.
My take on the situation was that ignorance sometimes doesnt like to be brought back to reality. They prefer their false sense of security. :lol:
Your rudeness will not win anyone over to OC.

Ruby

Concealed carry has never been a right per se, it was long ago determined that concealed carry was/is regulated since one hide their weapon (GOD DXXmit I am going to get ShXt for saying that from Doc) and open carry is SUPPOSED to be the right to bear arms with special permission and proving one is not a criminal in order to hide it (bangs head on desk Doc is gonna abuse me for this) so never confuse the RIGHT to carry it with the privilege to hide it.

BTW I think it is ok you have to PAY for the license to hide it, I think it is ok you have to be open to the government getting in your business to hide it, but only if the government stays the hell out of your business if you choose NOT TO HIDE IT.

This is one of the things I do not like about some of you on this forum, putting people down who CC. There are those of us who have no choice due to our jobs. Due to the nature of my work, it's CC or no carry(no protection) at all. I choose to carry CC instead of being defenseless. I OC when I can. I wish you could realize how off putting your snobby attitude is.

Jaysann22

This is one of the things I do not like about some of you on this forum, putting people down who CC. There are those of us who have no choice due to our jobs. Due to the nature of my work, it's CC or no carry(no protection) at all. I choose to carry CC instead of being defenseless. I OC when I can. I wish you could realize how off putting your snobby attitude is.

Where is the rudeness??? :eek:

Your rudeness will not win anyone over to OC.

What are you talking about? :banghead: Did you even read the story? I was not rude. I made a suggestion about taking down the "no firearms" sign as it may deter criminals to prey on defenseless citizens and workers in a POLITE manner. It was when SHE (the worker) began to become rude is when I cut the politeness and got down to brass tax and explained that she feared legal law abiding citizens more than the criminals themselves.

Superlite27

Oooooooh! I smell irony!

Well, there's an invitation you might regret.

sohighlyunlikely

OK

I have no issue with your logic. I support having the option to CC and I can understand the State Government choosing to require a license to Conceal Carry. I think the state fee is overpriced for what they are doing, but I do understand some regulation and standardization for Conceal Carry. As well, CC is the only option some people have and I am glad that they have that option.

Best Regards
Doc

goalseter88

lol, i dont think you read that post that this was written about very well. i didnt see one thing that he wrote that even hints at dissing CC. and on top of not reading anything, while i dont know LMTD very well, i dont think he diss CC. your responce seemed like a random attack without even reading what your replying to.

Last edited:

cshoff

LOL! LMTD - You can't win no matter what you do! :)

Ruby - I think you've got LMTD all wrong. He's very much pro-CCW.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Oooooooh! I smell irony!

Well, there's an invitation you might regret.

LOL Super!

If there is one thing I love it is ironic humor and while my newest attacker has no idea, my sense of humor shall prevent me from responding in a manner more in tune with my habits and I shall just ignore it.

It is almost as funny as Doc missing it too!!!!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Hey Ruby,

Normally I would not bother to explain this and would just give you a much better example of rude behavior but because you have not been around or missed it, your remarks are indeed misguided.

My comments using the word "hide" and referencing Doc eating my lunch for saying it that way is specificly because I am a HUGE supporter of CCW and have told my friend Doc I thought it was rude when he used the word "hide" himself. After more than a few discussions about it and learning a little bit more about who Doc is, I understood that he was not saying "hide" in a rude manner, he is just not prone to be warm and fuzzy and sometimes uses words with a bite to draw attention to his point.

Conceal does in deed mean hide. It is often used in a manner associated with deception as one is not proud of behavior, however, it does not have to be negative. Hiding your valuables so they are not stolen is an effective method to prevent them from being stolen in a robbery, hiding your gun simply because it is private to you is more than enough reason and being private is not bad behavior in fact it is something to be proud of in my opinion.

Saying you choose to conceal or saying you choose to hide by literal definition is saying the same thing, one is just warm and fuzzy, it does not make the other automatically include rude intentions. I too still do not like the word "hide" as you don't which is why I said Doc would give me trouble for using it since I sorta gave him trouble about it like you did me.

Peace and hope this cleared it up cause if you think this response was rude, well lets just suggest you look around a lot more for far better examples of rude behavior from myself, they do exist, but I love free speech and rude speech is still speech and I tend not to curb my words much in contrast to driving my point, or as some might say, relentlessly drill my point over and over and over.

:)

Ruby

Hey Ruby,

Normally I would not bother to explain this and would just give you a much better example of rude behavior but because you have not been around or missed it, your remarks are indeed misguided.

My comments using the word "hide" and referencing Doc eating my lunch for saying it that way is specificly because I am a HUGE supporter of CCW and have told my friend Doc I thought it was rude when he used the word "hide" himself. After more than a few discussions about it and learning a little bit more about who Doc is, I understood that he was not saying "hide" in a rude manner, he is just not prone to be warm and fuzzy and sometimes uses words with a bite to draw attention to his point.

Conceal does in deed mean hide. It is often used in a manner associated with deception as one is not proud of behavior, however, it does not have to be negative. Hiding your valuables so they are not stolen is an effective method to prevent them from being stolen in a robbery, hiding your gun simply because it is private to you is more than enough reason and being private is not bad behavior in fact it is something to be proud of in my opinion.

Saying you choose to conceal or saying you choose to hide by literal definition is saying the same thing, one is just warm and fuzzy, it does not make the other automatically include rude intentions. I too still do not like the word "hide" as you don't which is why I said Doc would give me trouble for using it since I sorta gave him trouble about it like you did me.

Peace and hope this cleared it up cause if you think this response was rude, well lets just suggest you look around a lot more for far better examples of rude behavior from myself, they do exist, but I love free speech and rude speech is still speech and I tend not to curb my words much in contrast to driving my point, or as some might say, relentlessly drill my point over and over and over.

:)

I posted a reply and hit submit but for some reason, it disappeared into the ethers. First of all, I was NOT attacking you, I was simply expressing my opinion of your post, which I still disagree with. You say CC is a priviledge, not a right. I don't find that statement anywhere in the 2A. It simply says that we have the right to "keep and bear arms", it doesn't say how. And I don't agree with being charged a fee for the "priviledge" of being able to conceal my gun; the state simply saw a way to make some money is all. Perhaps I am taking it the wrong way, but "hide" to me puts me in the company of criminals, I don't like that. Some people are sensitive, for various reasons, to the use of certain words and what they mean. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way; I have seen people post on this forum that WERE putting CC down and making it seem that somehow they were inferior to the people that OC. That's the tone I object to, and if I took your post the wrong way, you have my apologies. I don't think you can disagree and say that that attitude doesn't exist on this forum, you know it does. CC or OC, we are all on the same side. We all want to see our rights preserved and not taken from us. BTW, I don't do personal attacks, I don't believe in it. I DO disagree with people from time to time but I do NOT attack the person. Everyone on this forum is a pretty independent, strong minded individual or they wouldn't be here; that can make for some differences of opinion at times. But I will never attack a person, call them names, or be degrading in any way. My post was not like that and none of my posts are.

Ruby

Where is the rudeness??? :eek:

What are you talking about? :banghead: Did you even read the story? I was not rude. I made a suggestion about taking down the "no firearms" sign as it may deter criminals to prey on defenseless citizens and workers in a POLITE manner. It was when SHE (the worker) began to become rude is when I cut the politeness and got down to brass tax and explained that she feared legal law abiding citizens more than the criminals themselves.

The rudeness is in the fact that you didn't respect private property. I would not have returned her rudenss with my own, I simply would have left. She obviously wasn't the person who is the policy maker and had no control over the policy itself. If you really wanted to make a difference you should have asked to talk with the manager.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
II still disagree with. You say CC is a priviledge, not a right. I don't find that statement anywhere in the 2A. It simply says that we have the right to "keep and bear arms", it doesn't say how. And I don't agree with being charged a fee for the "priviledge" of being able to conceal my gun; the state simply saw a way to make some money is all.

I am not sure exactly how many folks immediately after reading your post slapped their hand to their forehead and thought to themselves "Gesh Ruby, why couldn't you just have realized the man was being nice to you and was explaining to you that it was kind of an inside joke thing and saved yourself the grief you just invited" but guess what, you did, now you get to eat your misguided words and I am indeed no longer compelled to refrain from being rude.

You have no not only identified yourself as some one who lacks the good sense not to take on a bear with a small stick, you said your stick is big and proved you are not bright enough to understand the bear never growled and you poked it with a stick, this is indeed the action of one almost as dim as a rock.

You are speaking on a thread about a store located, headquartered in MISSOURI, the thread is in the MISSOURI forum, MISSOURI has a state constitution. It addresses gun rights within the state of MISSOURI. wanna know what it says, well huh huh do ya? Guess what, I am not sure you will be able to find it since you are in fact so dim you speak about things you have no understanding of in the least little bit so I am going to do you a favor and post the text right here for you:

Right to keep and bear arms--exception.

Section 23. That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned; but this shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons.

Do you see that part where it clearly states: shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons

Wanna know what it means? Well do ya?!

It defines that within the borders of MISSOURI concealing your gun is NOT A RIGHT IT IS A PRIVILEGE in fact a LICENSED privilege.

Here is another clue, your talking to a man who was very involved in the fight to get that privilege and license available even to those who are not bright enough to understand what it means or what it took to get it done after a lot of other not so bright people VOTED AGAINST THAT PRIVILEGE when it was presented for a vote of the people. I donated a lot of money, made a lot of calls, talked to a lot of legislators, wrote a lot of letters so everyone, even morons could in fact obtain the license granting them the privilege to carry a gun concealed.

I plan on doing the same thing again to try and get a state wide preemption for open carry so the whole state is legal instead of every county and muni having different rules so everyone may do so where ever they are legally allowed to be and I want to see that available to morons who talk a lot of smack about things they do not understand too. I do have to tell you though, if I got to make the rules all myself, I would leave the morons out of the deal, if they are dumb enough to vote against their own rights, I really do question their ability to understand and handle the responsibilities that go along with them. I also am kind of fundamentally against imposing my own thoughts as law because try as I might, I am not always a fair person, especially when it comes to morons.

BTW before you have a conniption fit and report it to the mods, I am not calling you names or a moron, I am calling the folks who voted against CCW when it came up and killed it causing a long delay before the legislators could be convinced to go ahead an make it a law through the house and senate since there were indeed too many morons to get it on a popular vote. You are however invited to try the shoe on and see if it fits, be my guest.

You really should just ask yourself "why did I have to poke a sleeping bear" instead of crafting up some witty reply, this will not get better, it will just get worse. Leave me alone so the discussions can once again become peaceful, it really ain't worth it and I really do prefer it peaceful.

Jaysann22

The rudeness is in the fact that you didn't respect private property. I would not have returned her rudenss with my own, I simply would have left. She obviously wasn't the person who is the policy maker and had no control over the policy itself. If you really wanted to make a difference you should have asked to talk with the manager.

I have a tendency to get proactive when provoked. I'll give you that and she did exactly that. I feel its important to educate everyone. Not just the ones in charge. I wasnt trying to change the store policy with a single cashier, i was just making conversation. Doesnt matter anyway, Schnucks removed their weapons ban recently so its all good now. :banana:

STL Wolf

Schnuks removed their ban???

I have a tendency to get proactive when provoked. I'll give you that and she did exactly that. I feel its important to educate everyone. Not just the ones in charge. I wasnt trying to change the store policy with a single cashier, i was just making conversation. Doesnt matter anyway, Schnucks removed their weapons ban recently so its all good now. :banana:

If Schnucks removed their ban on concealed carry they forgot to advise the Schnucks in Wentzville which still has the stupid and unenforceable request pasted on the front door. I would point out that a law which is can not be promulgated is not a law. If a weapon is concealed, how can you request someone to leave - you can not see it, so how do you you identify this person or persons.? So the request is farcical and nothing more than a political stance. Unless I see something in writing from Schnucks, I will continue to boycott the store and go to Dierbergs or Wally-World ,

STL Wolf