• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrying Fishing, March/Protest Event..

Rick H

Indeed.

If you carried a gun in a luger holster wrapped around your shoulder like a satchel or purse it wouldn't get any attention.

IT'S BECAUSE IT'S ON YOUR HIP THAT PEOPLE WILL KNOW.

Know what that there "Might" be a gun in it. that would go for any purse, back pack, satchel, Fanny pack, Etc...

Last edited:

XD40coyote

I think you need to have a fishing lisc? Don't forget that one folks! I think the way the law is written, you can OC with your fishing lisc and not need the concealed weapons lisc. Of course you do need to look like you are seriously going fishing- rod/reel/bait etc.

There are probably different fishing lisc's too, like freshwater, saltwater, alligator LOL, I dunno, but you better look up the fishing laws.

I have a pattern for a flap holster for the luger. It includes a pattern to carve and tool an acorn oak leaf motif. THAT would get attention. Of course in my quest for "most annoying", I want to come up with a poison ivy design for leather holsters.

Hum727

where is it???

i know we were allowed to OC while fishing and such... but where is it in the statute???

i thought it was in 790.053... but i dont see it?