• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Son moving to Verona, looking for an indoor range/firearms instruction

LakeBound

Our son is moving to the Verona area for work. Can anyone recommend an indoor (or outdoor) range-club that he might be able to join to attend some instruction and prepare for the upcoming implementation of the new carry laws?

BTW - Congratulations to our friends in Wisconsin for winning the hard fight for self defense.

Thanks in advance.

LB
(From Michigan)

Mlutz

I'm thinking Gander Mountain is going to be his best bet. They have the 300 and 180 sim rooms. Also, the V range is a great training tool. Throw in live fire, they have it all.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Our son is moving to the Verona area for work. Can anyone recommend an indoor (or outdoor) range-club that he might be able to join to attend some instruction and prepare for the upcoming implementation of the new carry laws?

BTW - Congratulations to our friends in Wisconsin for winning the hard fight for self defense.

Thanks in advance.

LB
(From Michigan)
Hi LB,
If your son has a Michigan carry permit he has already satisfied the Wisconsin requirements for training.
175.60 License to carry a concealed weapon.

(4) TRAINING REQUIREMENTS. (a) The proof of training requirement under sub.
(7) (e) may be met by any of the following:

3. A current or expired license, or a photocopy of a current or expired license,
that the individual holds or has held that indicates that the individual is licensed or
has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or in another state or in a county
or municipality of this state or of another state unless the license has been revoked
for cause.

LakeBound

I'd recommend he join Wisconsin Carry (http://www.wisconsincarry.org/default.html#) too. It's made living this close to Madison bearable :D

The Gander range is very nice. It's indoors, $25 for 60 minutes and the staff are very friendly. Plus they, for some reason, are open carry friendly. Imagine that :monkey

Thanks for the information. Once he is settled in to his new place, I plan to sign him up as a gift and will also let him know about the range at Gander Mountain. As for a Michigan CPL, he does not have one. So, I explained to him that he needs to become a citizen of Wisconsin and help them (you) with the continued fight from there.

To those of you that responded about not winning a battle and not the entire fight, I understand. You're talking to someone who fought very hard here in Michigan from the beginning for our right to carry here. I meant no offense by my comments.

Thanks for the advice.

LB

IcrewUH60

Thanks for the information. Once he is settled in to his new place, I plan to sign him up as a gift and will also let him know about the range at Gander Mountain. As for a Michigan CPL, he does not have one. So, I explained to him that he needs to become a citizen of Wisconsin and help them (you) with the continued fight from there.

To those of you that responded about not winning a battle and not the entire fight, I understand. You're talking to someone who fought very hard here in Michigan from the beginning for our right to carry here. I meant no offense by my comments.

Thanks for the advice.

LB

I appreciate the response. As a Verona resident myself, if there is anything I can do to help, please (or have him) private message me. Safe travels to him and his.