• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicks With Guns

since9

Campaign Veteran
They don't always give us a pass.

Perhaps not. My experience is that my ex skated on 8 speeding citations, and three citations of totally wrecking our vehicles. She was a looker. During the same time, I got stuck with three minor speeding citations.

Seriously? I paid $350 from pocket for a couple mph over the limit, while she skated on multiple occasions of wreckless driving totaling more than $17,000 in damage. And she wasn't fined a damned cent, while my insurance bills went through the roof.

So, they may not always give you a pass, but in my experience from 1991-2001, they gave you a huge, whopping pass.

I didn't realize it until later, but the best financial decision I ever made was in not fighting her decision to divorce me. My insurance company agreed with me, and she's found it almost impossible to find insurance. I wish she hadn't, as she wouldn't have been allowed to keep custody. In 4 of the 5 accidents, our son was in her custody.

onestar 50

That right women are betters shot for sure. I had the chance to talk to an a lady that used to be a air marshal at one time before she got marriage 2 reason for it one is the hand and eye coordination and the other is they have little extra layer of fat on the nerve ending to absorb the shock to the round when fired. My wife and I read a article in a gun book where these cops wives took shooting lesson and then challenges they husband and beat them. They husband got mad.

okboomer

My girl and I went shooting not to long ago. Was her first time with a handgun. My 3rd time. Well she whooped my ass for sure. I had to cut her off so I had some targets to shoot. LOL :p

Take more targets? :banana: Actually, depending on what kind of target, we pick a spot upper left and shoot for that, then upper right, and so on around the perimeter of the paper before center bull. Gives a little practice in identifying a specific spot and centering the focus :D

Morbidph8

Take more targets? :banana: Actually, depending on what kind of target, we pick a spot upper left and shoot for that, then upper right, and so on around the perimeter of the paper before center bull. Gives a little practice in identifying a specific spot and centering the focus :D

lol. Well all we had at the time was about 10 2 liter bottles filled with water. She took out 7 before I hit one. Oh well at least she wants a gun of her own now. :banana:

okboomer

lol. Well all we had at the time was about 10 2 liter bottles filled with water. She took out 7 before I hit one. Oh well at least she wants a gun of her own now. :banana:

Well, there's your problem ... fill with pebbles/gravel/sand instead ;) Or, add several packages of jello to the water ... fun with colors! Be sure to take a trash bag to keep the jello/stickiness off the car ;) Cardboard and simple sheets of newspaper spray glued on can make interesting targets ... a couple of pieces of t-post or even rebar can make acceptable uprights, binder clips to clamp the cardboard ... just be sure to take a hammer to pound it in. We went to the local farm supply store and bought straight and elbow and connectors of 3/4" threaded pipe and made stands __|__ (side view) with a center span (H) where rebar or smaller pipe can be inserted as an upright. They are "stackable" for storage, light weight enough to haul around and sturdy enough to stand up to the wind out here. One of my favorite exercises when the wind is blowing (20+mph) is to string a piece of wire across the top of the upright and suspend various metal cans (poke hole with nail before leaving the house, and take wire & pliers LOL) to make a set of moving targets. Teaches you about windage and elevation when you are shooting at 30 yards or more with a pistol :monkey

Kudos for the other half! Now she will understand when you start including ammo, range time, and training classes in your budget :cool: