• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Even cops don't like qualified immunity of other cops who arrested them :(

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Because we conclude that Plaintiffs have not carried their burden in showing that the law was clearly established,

The law against stealing was not clearly established? Then what were the cops relying on when they arrested some miscreant for taking stuff that did not belong to them?

Or maybe there has to be a specific law against cops stealing stuff?

stay safe.

Whitney

Whaaaat ?

I found this intriguing and a couple additional items of interest.

KCK's SWAT Team or SCORE unit, stands for Selective, Crime, Occurrence Reduction Enforcement (can you say Oxymoron ?, emphasis on moron.)

Following is Callahan's complaint against the government.
https://ecf.ksd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2011cv2621-248

Officer Callahan was part of a ten-person SCORE team assigned to search a residence located in Kansas City, Kansas. The search was part of a sting operation to determine whether any members of the SCORE team would steal items that had been planted in the residence. All ten members of the team entered the residence to clear it of occupants and, within minutes, it was determined that no one was in the residence.

Callahan then stepped outside the house and took an assigned position covering the front entrance for the remainder of the search. Callahan alleges that defendants and/or the FBI conducted video surveillance of the residence and were aware that he had not taken anything from the house during the operation.

And of course the breaking news.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/15248432/allegations-linked-to-kck-sting-revealed

KANSAS CITY, KS (KCTV) -
Seven KCK tactical officers say they were handcuffed and commanders pointed assault rifles at them following a federal sting, but the police officers say they had done nothing illegal.

The seven officers claim that they were videotaped without their knowledge at a residence they thought they had legitimate reasons to raid. The FBI set up the sting with the KCK police chief to see if any cash or property was taken.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

While I do not put too much stock in the news media with regard to "accurate coverage" this story does have a familiar sound albeit ironic.

~Whitney

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I found this intriguing and a couple additional items of interest.

KCK's SWAT Team or SCORE unit, stands for Selective, Crime, Occurrence Reduction Enforcement (can you say Oxymoron ?, emphasis on moron.)

Following is Callahan's complaint against the government.
https://ecf.ksd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2011cv2621-248

Officer Callahan was part of a ten-person SCORE team assigned to search a residence located in Kansas City, Kansas. The search was part of a sting operation to determine whether any members of the SCORE team would steal items that had been planted in the residence. All ten members of the team entered the residence to clear it of occupants and, within minutes, it was determined that no one was in the residence.

Callahan then stepped outside the house and took an assigned position covering the front entrance for the remainder of the search. Callahan alleges that defendants and/or the FBI conducted video surveillance of the residence and were aware that he had not taken anything from the house during the operation.

And of course the breaking news.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/15248432/allegations-linked-to-kck-sting-revealed

KANSAS CITY, KS (KCTV) -
Seven KCK tactical officers say they were handcuffed and commanders pointed assault rifles at them following a federal sting, but the police officers say they had done nothing illegal.

The seven officers claim that they were videotaped without their knowledge at a residence they thought they had legitimate reasons to raid. The FBI set up the sting with the KCK police chief to see if any cash or property was taken.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

While I do not put too much stock in the news media with regard to "accurate coverage" this story does have a familiar sound albeit ironic.

~Whitney

Yeah, especially that part about pointing assault rifles at people. I'm gonna have a hard time accepting that the innocent cops didn't themselves point assault rifles or other weapons at handcuffed people whose home they were searching.

It would be interesting to see how many wrong-address raids this unit made in, say, the last five years. And, whether any innocent people were hurt or killed, or family dogs.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think that they should have been tried and found guilty. Hard to believe that they had no idea of the thieving.

Just my thoughts on their release.

Freedom1Man

Yeah, especially that part about pointing assault rifles at people. I'm gonna have a hard time accepting that the innocent cops didn't themselves point assault rifles or other weapons at handcuffed people whose home they were searching.

It would be interesting to see how many wrong-address raids this unit made in, say, the last five years. And, whether any innocent people were hurt or killed, or family dogs.
Who assaulted a rifle?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

stealthyeliminator

When others cry foul at the way they're treated by police, officers will 'justify' everything, even up to and including broken bones, sodomy, denying needed medication, denying restroom use, etc. The second the officers are treated a fraction of the way they treat others, they cry foul.

Had to sit hours with your gear on? Give me a break. "What they did to them violated their legal and constitutional rights" The irony, it's killing me!!!

Freedom1Man

When others cry foul at the way they're treated by police, officers will 'justify' everything, even up to and including broken bones, sodomy, denying needed medication, denying restroom use, etc. The second the officers are treated a fraction of the way they treat others, they cry foul.

Had to sit hours with your gear on? Give me a break. "What they did to them violated their legal and constitutional rights" The irony, it's killing me!!!
Quit resisting, do not break any laws, do what you're told, and consent to all sexual advances by a police officer then you will not get hurt (remember you like the pain). All you have to do is surrender all of your privileges and the police will take care of you. /BE (bovine excrement)

I about puked trying to write that.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk