• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Convoy from Seattle area to Vancouver 9/25

DEROS72

Press release

The following press release was sent to all Portland and Seattle stations along with the newspapers.I have minutes ago had a response from KING 5 .We had roughly 70 or so at Willow Lake,(so far the largest gathering to date) so in light of Kurk Kirby's trial on the 1st and in response to other incidents there I challenge the group to make this bigger!!!

Armed citizens to gather at Esther Short Park in Vancouver
In light of recent incidents (i.e. the Kurk Kirby case, Vancouver Columbian March 2010 set for trial Oct.1st) of unlawful detainment by law enforcement in Vancouver, along with other violations of the 4th amendment, statewide Open Carry will be putting on a picnic in Esther Short Park.
The purpose will be for Open Carry.org Washington in conjunction with gun owners from around the state to get together for the purpose of educating the public on Washington’s gun laws and the rights of citizens in exercising their 2nd amendment as re affirmed by the Heller and McDonald decisions.
Place: Esther Short Park, Vancouver Washington
Date and Time: Sept.25th at 1 Pm
In addition, bans on so called city property violates state preemption RCW 941.290 as indicated in Washington state attorney general Rob McKenna’s opinion dated Oct. 13 2008.AGO 2008#8. The right to bear arms is also contained in the constitution of the United States and the state of Washington. We all know these bans never work! “…all power is inherent in the people...it is their right and duty to be at all times armed…” Thomas Jefferson

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
A nice little addition would to have mention the convoy heading south so there might be coverage when they gather and depart.

Convoy from Seattle area to Vancouver 9/25

Anyone interested in a caravan down to Vancouver?

Time: 8:30 am
Place: Starbucks Parking lot Tacoma
1723 South 72nd Street Tacoma, WA 98408
Who: OCDO
What: Caravan...Convoy

To Vancouver or Bust!

Last edited:

Tomas

Hopefully some of the folks involved have camera or video setups that can record portions of the convoy AND of the picnic.

The 72nd and Hosmer meet point is one my car group often starts from for it's cruises... here's the start of one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roy8_a0GI3Y

(My vehicle is usually the six o'clock position, so I usually run video the whole way, plus we all have GMRS/FRS walki-talkies so we can stick together and if there's a problem we can respond. We've run dozens of these.)

Have a great time, folks! Wish I were able to make it.

jt59

Do we need any pop-up tents?

Saturday forcast for Vancouver: Hi:78°Lo:56°

Partly Cloudy

PS:

Vancouver City Park Rules:

Park Rules

Gender Equity Policy
The City of Vancouver and Clark County comply with Washington’s “Fair Play and Community Sports Act” that prohibits discrimination against any person in a community athletics program on the basis of sex. Contact the Vancouver-Clark Parks and Recreation director at 610 Esther Street, Vancouver, WA 98668, (360)619-1111 or via email at parksrec@ci.vancouver.wa.us with any questions or comments.

Prohibited:

Littering/Vandalism
Alcohol Possession
Discharge of Firearms
Traffic/ATV/ORV
Disorderly Conduct
Fires or Camping *
Horseback Riding *
Cruising & Squirreling - (what the heck is this?)
Unleashed Animals

Last edited:

chehalis scott

chehalis meet up point

will be at starbucks off exit 79. If southbound take exit turn right go straight through next light will be on left behind wendys cant miss it. I will be there along with Phil and maybe another friend (new guy busting OC cherry) look forward to seeing you all here.

P.S. I will try to get ahold of the local newspaper.

Last edited:

amlevin

Cruising & Squirreling - (what the heck is this?)

You don't know what "cruising" is? Why it's one of the basic rites of passage. You get a driver's license, buy a cool car, and then waste gallons of gas just driving back and forth showing it off. Usually on a main street where lots of people are doing likewise.

Squirreling is what you do when you are bored with just cruising, have enough HP to spin your wheels, and have enough money to buy tires and pay tickets. This usually involves a parking lot or intersection with room to make those nice circular black marks called "doughnuts". A tip for those with the underpowered economy cars that have a hard time spinning wheels. Just take a quart of motor oil, pour some near each drive wheel, pull onto the puddle, then do an impressive "NASCAR style" burnout. Some say it impresses your friends.

What I find funny about this is that every generation from the 40's has done this to some extent or another. When they grow up and have kids, they tell their kids not to and if they catch them they'll take away their wheels. Then, when they have grandkids and retire, they go out and buy cars just like they used to drive when they were teens, then go "cruising and squirreling". The cycle of life.

jt59

Pole position on a light :banana:

Drifting...I suppose that's out too, eh

.....is it still "cruising" if there is a terrific amount of traffic, short light cycles and a Prius in the middle of the line?:lol:

amlevin

.....is it still "cruising" if there is a terrific amount of traffic, short light cycles and a Prius in the middle of the line?:lol:

Depends on how close your girlfriend or wife is sitting to you while you are doing that. Boy I sure miss those old bench seats.

Trigger Dr---

Your "Youth" lives on forever, it's just the body that can't keep up.

DEROS72

Roadshow

I'll try to get a follow up to my press release and make some calls and see if they will cover an Open Carry convoy.....

Convoy ...cool do we CB's and get to say stuff like breaker breaker,and put the hammer down goodbuddy we got smokey on our tail.

Last edited:

jt59

Rides and Parking

I'm watching the weather a bit and it doesn't look too bad....is anyone else going to ride their MC to this meet?

The parking would be a heck of a lot easier....and I may do that.

Speaking of parking, there is a big group sponsoring a run of some sort Sat AM that doesn't finish until the afternoon in the park.....

Parking "may" be an issue, since it is severly limited around the park....the Hilton has some underground parking available (unsure what's there for the public), but the park is on the NW corner of the intersection, Hilton on the SW corner...

On the NE corner and just a little east is underground public parking for 10-12 bucks a day....

Otherwise, you may be able to find some street parking and feed a meter if required on the weekend.

Last edited: