• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An advertisement you will never see now days.

28kfps

This is a copy of an actual advertisement. Look at the listed price of the firearm.

Attachments

• Doc2.pdf
    107.8 KB · Views: 407

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I own an Iver Johnson .22 revolver. Fun to shoot. Well it was fun, until I lost it in a boating accident.

I couldn't believe this ad. Imagine a child playing with a gun in an ad today.

Crash Corrigan

I can remember as a teen seeing a Enfield Jungle Carbine for sale at Modell's for $24.95. This had to be near 1958 or so when they were just about giving them away.

Mind this was in NYC in New York State back in the day.

Gunslinger

I can remember as a teen seeing a Enfield Jungle Carbine for sale at Modell's for $24.95. This had to be near 1958 or so when they were just about giving them away.

Mind this was in NYC in New York State back in the day.

I remember when you could buy a long arm by mail just by sending a check--and I mean centerfire military surplus M1 carbs or any foreign made mil surp like a Mauser or Lee Enfield, or go to Sears and walk out with a JC Higgins .22 rifle even if you were a kid. Pistols, you needed your parents, but you could get a .22 rifle just by saying you had your parents' permission if you were about 16. And this was in Illinois.

oldbanger

colt.jpg