• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Am I alone on this?

Tawnos

I welcome your assistance in rectifying this major issue.:p

I'll be in Houston in December for a couple days (cousin's wedding). I'm sure I could peel away for an hour or so to hit a range and rent a 45. Maybe I can try 357 sig, which is one of the few "common" calibers I haven't tried ;)

Jack House

I've fired a .22 bolt action rifle, 3 9mm handguns(my P99, friend's SR9 and some random 9 at a friend's ranch), a 30.06 and a 12 ga. Fired buckshot and slugs from the shotgun. Shot up pecan trees in a pecan orchard.

If I had more money, I'd go shooting more often. I have a friend that owns a pecan orchard and he lets us go over there whenever we want. Trying to save up some money so I can go next Friday.

Tawnos

COLT

As in 45 "long" Colt. Great for a pistol/rifle combo, expecially if you have a long gun that will take 45 colt or 410 shotgun.

At JackHouse, stick with it and you'll end up with a laundry list that you've fired.

I knew what you meant, was giving you a hard time, hence the ;) (new smileys aren't very good)

We-the-People

I have a .500 S&W casing... and I surely remember that... and the generous gentleman who let me shoot it... it's like 2$ per round!

I remember the first (and 2nd through 20th) round of .50AE that I fired in a Desert Eagle!! The box of 50 .44's mags that went through it are just a mild memory...associated with that first 50AE. As a Marine I was sure I could handle the weapon but for safety I put 1 round in the mag, chambered it, and fired it one handed...MISTAKE. Litterally, I was backing up and hte firearm was twisted almost 90 degrees in my hand!!! The 500 S&W I later fired was NOTHING compared to that first round of 50 with the Eagle.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
On a return trip from Canada I was stopped and asked the question "do you have any firearms or weapons?" My reply "what do you need?" One hour later they found several loose .45 ACp rounds, some 9mm rounds, a partial box of .22 and my missing LEO mag light.

Those guys are very thorough and very serious about their work....