• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An unbiased article on open carry

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I dont believe in ignore lists, but I think it's time to give it a try.

I believe everyone should be able to express themselves. You do have good posts in my opinion sometimes, other times not so much, and that's okay too. However when your posts draw so much venom from others here that entire threads become hijacked that is not fair to the OP's or the people trying to follow the subject of the thread. I know you are lonely and any attention is better than none to you, but I ask you once again and your detractors, to carefully think before you post. Will this damage the thread I want to post in? Is this a suitable post for this forum and so on. If the answers are no, please consider hashing out your differences in a private message. Lets be fair shall we?

griffin

when your posts draw so much venom from others here that entire threads become hijacked that is not fair to the OP's or the people trying to follow the subject of the thread.
Are you next going to blame the girl wearing the short dress for being raped? Nice.

People are responsible for their own actions and posts (including venomous replies). You, of all people, a 2A and OC advocate, would, I think, realize this. Sadly not, apparently.

I have a bag of extra commas I'm selling at the exit.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Are you next going to blame the girl wearing the short dress for being raped? Nice.

People are responsible for their own actions and posts (including venomous replies). You, of all people, a 2A and OC advocate, would, I think, realize this. Sadly not, apparently.

I have a bag of extra commas I'm selling at the exit.

If you are going to quote USE ENTIRE POST PLEASE, as context matters. Sticks and stones... carry on :D

griffin

If you are going to quote USE ENTIRE POST PLEASE, as context matters.
I quoted the pertinent part. I hate it when people are too lazy to trim out the extraneous verbage in a post. If I left something out that would change the context, please show me what that was because I don't see it. I am not trying to mischaracterize your post.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I believe everyone should be able to express themselves. You do have good posts in my opinion sometimes, other times not so much, and that's okay too. However when your posts draw so much venom from others here that entire threads become hijacked that is not fair to the OP's or the people trying to follow the subject of the thread. I know you are lonely and any attention is better than none to you, but I ask you once again and your detractors, to carefully think before you post. Will this damage the thread I want to post in? Is this a suitable post for this forum and so on. If the answers are no, please consider hashing out your differences in a private message. Lets be fair shall we?

How you get a rape scenario from what I posted above on the constant thread train wrecks that occur from the bickering between stainless and his detractors is beyond strange? I was simply asking for the bickering to be done outside of threads. It seems to me you are looking for a fight. If so there are many here who will help you out. I am not one of them. Carry on.:D

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Last edited:

TheQ

And now we have not a thread about stainless' actions, but a thread about how people treat him because of his actions! It's the first derivative.

Evil Creamsicle

And now we have not a thread about stainless' actions, but a thread about how people treat him because of his actions! It's the first derivative.

Not trying to be a dick here but, you are one of the main proponents of the Stainless derailments... so this seems a rather hypocritical statement.

I'm all for the first amendment so this is just a request here, but can we please keep things on topic unless they have an actual benefit in being discussed? Every single time I see a crack at Stainless that is unprovoked and/or has zero useful information [in fact, most of the time not related to the thread at all] I lose just a bit more respect for the person posting it. At this point I would say that Neil, in most cases, is being the bigger person.

I hope this will be the last comment about this stupid offshoot topic we've discovered. You are welcome to flame me, but all I ask is that you do it privately, because this is frankly the kind of behavior I would expect from my 5 year old nieces, not grown men fighting for freedom.

120e19174d600ff10755119a75cc0e0a.jpg

TheQ

So let me make some code:

Event:SeeSomethingToMakeAFriendlyJabAt
{
If (post.poster = "stainless1911") {
Return 0;
}
else {
MakeComment(FeiendlySarcasticJab);
Return 0;
}
}

Did I get that right?

Evil Creamsicle

So let me make some code:

Event:SeeSomethingToMakeAFriendlyJabAt
{
Return 0;
}
else {
MakeComment(FeiendlySarcasticJab);
Return 0;
}
}

Did I get that right?

If a friendly jab is not excessive, and destructive, I'm sure it wouldn't matter. But I'm sure you're a sharp enough guy to have noticed the damage its caused to every thread to which it has been introduced. I know you understand the point of my post, so stop pretending otherwise. You are being a troll. If you are not as sharp as I am giving you credit for, please inquire via PM. I won't respond otherwise.

griffin

I'd rather see it like this:
Code:
Event:SeeSomethingToMakeAFriendlyJabAt {
      Return 0;
   }
   else {
      MakeComment(FriendlySarcasticJab);
      Return 0;
   }
}
I don't know what language you're using. I am used to seeing == as testing for equal and = as assigning a value, but whatever. :p

TheQ

I'd rather see it like this:
Code:
Event:SeeSomethingToMakeAFriendlyJabAt {
      Return 0;
   }
   else {
      MakeComment(FriendlySarcasticJab);
      Return 0;
   }
}
I don't know what language you're using. I am used to seeing == as testing for equal and = as assigning a value, but whatever. :p

You busted me. It's been a few years since I've touched c++ ;)

Shoobee

If only more interviews were done in this fashion. No spin, no misquotes...just a fair Q & A printed for the reader to decide how they feel.

A Frank Talk About Guns: Q&A With Michigan Open Carry Spokesman Rob Harris

http://www.jimonitor.com/article/frank-talk-about-guns-qa-michigan-open-carry-spokesman-rob-harris

The whole issue stems from defunct law.

In the 1930s prohibition era thru the Y2K, concealed carry was viewed as criminal.

Now today however concealed carry has taken on a whole new legality in many places.

There are still places however where concealed carry is inadequate, such as hunting areas and forests, or on horseback. That is when open carry is truly warranted.

Times change. So do views. They always have. They always will.

About the only difference is between a shoulder holster under your windbreaker or a hip holster without a jacket. Not even worth it arguing over the difference.

Last edited:

Shoobee

There is no gun show loophole. What gun laws do, is make it harder for the law abiding citizen, while driving the costs up. For example, a friend offereed me a 1911 yesterday for 200$ no paper trail. Get a new firing pin and barrel, it's untraceable. Try getting one in a store for that price.

Anyone who wants an untraceable gun can probably get one easy enough. Corner dope dealers probably deal in guns too, if the price is right.

An untraceable gun is great for wacking somebody with, then ditching it. But remember that OJ Simpson's amateur assassination of 2 people in Santa Monica ended up costing him upwards of $50 million. Although he did not use or need a gun.

You can rent a professional hit man for a lot less than $50 million.

About any Irish pub or any traditional Italian restaurant bar is an easy place to start your search.

Never send a boy to do a man's job.

Never send an amateur to do a pro's either.

Last edited:

Evil Creamsicle

Anyone who wants an untraceable gun can probably get one easy enough. Corner dope dealers probably deal in guns too, if the price is right.

An untraceable gun is great for wacking somebody with, then ditching it. But remember that OJ Simpson's amateur assassination of 2 people in Santa Monica ended up costing him upwards of $50 million. Although he did not use or need a gun.

You can rent a professional hit man for a lot less than $50 million.

About any Irish pub or any traditional Italian restaurant bar is an easy place to start your search.

Never send a boy to do a man's job.

Never send an amateur to do a pro's either.

You been in Kalifornistan too long, brother. But yeah this illustrates the problem with gun laws... Criminals get guns, no matter what. Them being untraceable is just a side effect of them being illegal.

Last edited: