• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Teen shot step-dad in self-defense

bwboley

Activist Member
http://northeastportland.katu.com/content/police-teen-shot-step-dad-self-defense

PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland homicide detectives have identified the person who took the fatal shot in Saturday's "self defense" shooting as a teenager.

They say the shooter was 18-year-old Daryl Ray Robertson.

They say the deceased, 33-year-old Scott Jason Baker, was Robertson's stepfather.

We're told that the stepfather had been arguing with the teen's mother, and came to her house early Saturday morning with a loaded handgun. Police believe Baker was looking for his estranged wife, who was not home at the time.

"When Baker encountered Robertson and the others inside he threatened to shoot them," the Portland Police Bureau reports. "Robertson fired one shot from a shotgun, striking Baker. Witnesses to the shooting corroborated Robertson's story. Baker and his wife had been living at separate residences for some time prior to the shooting."

Portland Police homicide detectives are now forwarding this case to the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office for review.

Anyone with additional information regarding this incident is asked to call Portland Police homicide detectives at (503) 823-0400.

amlevin

Pretty tough way to enter adulthood.

Hopefully he was and still is an ok frame of mind.

He was already a man, he just proved it when the chips were down.

Like others before him who were faced with similar circumstances he will do just fine. Just as long as the "Liberal second-guessers" don't try to make this encounter anything other that what it was. This appears to be a simple equation. Threat + Gun = Fear for life. That's all it takes for a simple SD defense.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
There is a young man that did it right, oh wait I did not jump to a conclusion here did I :lol:
After all, the only information we have is from the news report.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

A few decades ago, someone slightly older than me but still in the same school system killed his Abusive father when he came home after drinking, (Which meant the abuse of his mother and him would be more than usual) He waited in the garage with a shotgun and blew him away before he could enter the house.

Bellingham was a lot smaller community then everybody knew the man was a dirtbag the kid got a few weeks/months (if I remember correctly) of community service it seems neither the judge or jury were willing to punish him much beyond that. (my how things have changed). I believe he was a legal adult but that detail is sketchy. But he was close.

Last edited: