• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCTA(orange county transportation authority)

realityfatality

Duress doesn't magically make it not a felony...

I never stated it did, but I was under it, and it was the truth, so I stand by it.

NOW WITH THIS SUBJECT ADRESSED CAN PEOPLE STOP TRYING TO POINT OUT THE VERY OBVIOUS and maybe help to answer the question at hand.

If I wasn't aware of EXACTLY what I did I wouldn't make a post asking about their "policy" that made me do it.

Now anyone else that plans on replying to this thread PLEASE read this post because if I hear one more thing about putting the stuff in the backpack being illegal I am going to FLIP out

I KNOW what I did, I did it and I stand by it. PERIOD.

It was either put the **** in the backpack or be homeless in newport beach for more than a week.

Now tell me which one was the right choice.

Last edited:

ryanburbridge

I never stated it did, but I was under it, and it was the truth, so I stand by it.

NOW WITH THIS SUBJECT ADRESSED CAN PEOPLE STOP TRYING TO POINT OUT THE VERY OBVIOUS and maybe help to answer the question at hand.

If I wasn't aware of EXACTLY what I did I wouldn't make a post asking about their "policy" that made me do it.

Now anyone else that plans on replying to this thread PLEASE read this post because if I hear one more thing about putting the stuff in the backpack being illegal I am going to FLIP out

I KNOW what I did, I did it and I stand by it. PERIOD.

It was either put the **** in the backpack or be homeless in newport beach for more than a week.

As a public forum you get what you get when it comes to responses to a post.

I see you can research things online and commend you for doing so.

One thing that stands out in your posts is you unwillingness to listen to sound advice.

I know how it is to brush off advise from older and more experienced people. I did and am now dealing with the consequences.

The sooner you realize that people here are trying to help you not beat you down on what you have done and said the better.

Most on here would never agree that what you did should be against the law in the first place.

Your original question was something to do with the busses policy. It should be a simple answer to find with your skills.

I know when I give advise to someone who is not willing to listen I stop giving it. I hope you can see past you feelings of knowing this or that take sound advise.

Let us know what you find out on the policy. Good luck.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

realityfatality

As a public forum you get what you get when it comes to responses to a post.

I see you can research things online and commend you for doing so.

One thing that stands out in your posts is you unwillingness to listen to sound advice.

I know how it is to brush off advise from older and more experienced people. I did and am now dealing with the consequences.

The sooner you realize that people here are trying to help you not beat you down on what you have done and said the better.

Most on here would never agree that what you did should be against the law in the first place.

Your original question was something to do with the busses policy. It should be a simple answer to find with your skills.

I know when I give advise to someone who is not willing to listen I stop giving it. I hope you can see past you feelings of knowing this or that take sound advise.

Let us know what you find out on the policy. Good luck.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

Hey ryan, I've always respected you as a member of this forum, and I am open to all advice, I'm not trying to be a fence post.

I looked up and down and all around for this policy, and it didn't turn up. I know what you're thinking, if you can't find it, it probably doesn't exist. But I decided to see if anyone else has a smiliar expirience or knows the policy.

I didn't ask for a court Pre-trial, and as many who have posted have helped (including you, thanks a lot) some are just throwing around prejudice, not advice.

Last edited:

Lawful Aim

http://www.octa.net/octa_customer_relations.aspx

Customer Relations

You can write, e-mail, or call OCTA's Customer Relations Department and make suggestions, ask questions, or report a positive or negative experience you have had while using our service. We value the information received from our customers and utilize it in an effort to constantly improve our service.
If you are reporting a situation which involves an OCTA bus, please use the convenient comment form and provide the bus number, route number, exact date and time the incident occurred, location and direction of travel. Click here for comment form.

customers@OCTA.net

Customer Relations 714.636.7433, extension 2
Hours of Operation
Weekdays, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

mjones

Hmmm, high risk of being labeled a felon for the rest of my life or be forced to find an alternate method to get from one place in SoCal to another place in SoCal...that's a toughy!

:mad: :banghead:

realityfatality

http://www.octa.net/octa_customer_relations.aspx

Customer Relations

You can write, e-mail, or call OCTA's Customer Relations Department and make suggestions, ask questions, or report a positive or negative experience you have had while using our service. We value the information received from our customers and utilize it in an effort to constantly improve our service.
If you are reporting a situation which involves an OCTA bus, please use the convenient comment form and provide the bus number, route number, exact date and time the incident occurred, location and direction of travel. Click here for comment form.

customers@OCTA.net

Customer Relations 714.636.7433, extension 2
Hours of Operation
Weekdays, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Thanks a lot lawful aim, I found the email already and sent them an email but never got a reply, I'm going to give the phone number a ring, I didn't see that before.

Lawful Aim

You are welcome.

One idea is to send them a certified letter as a NOTICE of INTENT indicating that you intend to lawfully open carry on their public transportation vehicles and that they have 10 days to reply otherwise they will be deemed to be in agreement with you.

If they have a policy that contradicts your NOTICE their "agreement" will override their policy.

realityfatality

You are welcome.

One idea is to send them a certified letter as a NOTICE of INTENT indicating that you intend to lawfully open carry on their public transportation vehicles and that they have 10 days to reply otherwise they will be deemed to be in agreement with you.

If they have a policy that contradicts your NOTICE their "agreement" will override their policy.

Thanks a lot lawful aim that's great information, id have to make sure to get a notice of receipt the letter was received too, right?

Now as long as it doesn't violate gpsz me and my friend can bus it all over the county.

Last edited:

Lawful Aim

"Have to", no but it is certainly a good idea. Utilize the green card, return receipt request. One could go a step further and have a third party; friend, notary, etc. mail the notice and include a Certificate of Service. The certificate should be a statement indicating who, what, where, when and signed by the third party.

Check out what the law says regarding, NOTICE;
http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/1/article1.htm#s1-101
Scroll down to section 1-201

It's also beneficial to go over that various definitions in that section and the others and be come aware of the similarities of the terms in the UCC and what are used in the courts for criminal cases. The relations should surprise you.

realityfatality

"Have to", no but it is certainly a good idea. Utilize the green card, return receipt request. One could go a step further and have a third party; friend, notary, etc. mail the notice and include a Certificate of Service. The certificate should be a statement indicating who, what, where, when and signed by the third party.

Check out what the law says regarding, NOTICE;
http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/1/article1.htm#s1-101
Scroll down to section 1-201

It's also beneficial to go over that various definitions in that section and the others and be come aware of the similarities of the terms in the UCC and what are used in the courts for criminal cases. The relations should surprise you.

That's awesome information, thanks a lot lawful aim! you've answered my question and then some.

I'm going to start getting my ducks in a row and make sure they quack right.

Thanks again!