• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida AG Says Carrying A Gun is always Presumably a Crime

77zach

At the very least, I wouldn't recommend having an Attorney General that can handle high school level math and statistics.

We're at the point now in this country where the courts are mostly there to rubber stamp tyranny and nonsense. That's always been the tendency, government courts being a part of the government, but now it's kind of a big joke. Bondi could have given the Chewbaca defense and this court would side with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xywqv1cDH8

MackTheKnife

Wow!

I too thought that AG Bondi was smarter than this. Carrying a gun is likely a crime because only 5% have a CWP? I'd like to hear her in person further articulate and hopefully retract/refine her position.

Rich7553

I too thought that AG Bondi was smarter than this. Carrying a gun is likely a crime because only 5% have a CWP? I'd like to hear her in person further articulate and hopefully retract/refine her position.

Florida Carry is currently awaiting a response from AG Bondi's office.

seminoles1999

Is this the same person?

“Many Floridians are unaware that their Attorney General, Pam Bondi, has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to allow states to make racial profiling a legally-acceptable police practice. She has done so by joining 15 other attorneys general in support of Arizona’s deeply-flawed ‘show me your papers’ law.

Source: http://www.aclufl.org/ (April 24)

[video=youtube;3qeCsdLDYGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qeCsdLDYGI[/video]

Last edited:

77zach

She keeps me safe from bath salts. That was her big thing, getting them banned. I'm glad Rick Scott appointed someone who could keep me away from them.

protias

Regalado v. State, 25 So. 3d 600 - Fla: Dist. Court of Appeals, 4th Dist. 2009
"Despite the obvious potential danger to officers and the public by a person in possession of a concealed gun in a crowd, this is not illegal in Florida unless the person does not have a concealed weapons permit, a fact that an officer cannot glean by mere observation. Based upon our understanding of both Florida and United States Supreme Court precedent, stopping a person solely on the ground that the individual possesses a gun violates the Fourth Amendment."

Rich7553

Regalado v. State, 25 So. 3d 600 - Fla: Dist. Court of Appeals, 4th Dist. 2009
"Despite the obvious potential danger to officers and the public by a person in possession of a concealed gun in a crowd, this is not illegal in Florida unless the person does not have a concealed weapons permit, a fact that an officer cannot glean by mere observation. Based upon our understanding of both Florida and United States Supreme Court precedent, stopping a person solely on the ground that the individual possesses a gun violates the Fourth Amendment."

The 3rd DCA has already certified their dissent on this opinion, which is why it is going to the FL Supreme Court.

Xulld

Before Officer May even approached Petitioner, he had observed a piece of a handle which he identified was a firearm. And, when the officer approached Petitioner and asked whether he had anything on
him, the encounter was a consensual encounter, where reasonable suspicion was not needed. But when Petitioner replied, “no,” and the officer asked to pat him down knowing that Petitioner was lying about having the firearm, Petitioner had the opportunity to inform Officer May that he had a license to carry the firearm. Because he did not do so, Officer May had the requisite reasonable suspicion at this point in time to conduct a pat down.
Wow, just wow.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Florida AG Says Carrying A Gun is always presumably a crime

That's because the state practically requires its legally-armed residents to conceal their firearms like criminals do.

This can be spun into a very pro-OC argument to the courts and lawmakers.

Last edited:

ADulay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P2jJdrz9bY

I really feel like this forum, and all these vocal but non-functional gun owners, are dirty hippies in disguise. They talk a lot. They protest. ..................... They never do anything.

All bark and no bite.

I'll kindly remind you that some of us DO go out of our way to make waves, no matter how small they might be in our own corner of the state.

AD

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'll kindly remind you that some of us DO go out of our way to make waves, no matter how small they might be in our own corner of the state.

AD

T'was a much larger indictment than that. Gun owners have completely forgotten what the guns are for.

When a government entity ceases to obey the laws of the Republic, it has seceded from that Republic. This isn't a Democracy, it's a Democratic Republic, and it's Constitution has been completely forgotten, exchanged for mob rule of lazy idiots. Most of which are so very proud to be destroying the once great country they live in.