• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Lunch & Range Saturday 8/10/2013

Jamesm760

When:
August 10 2013
12PM

Where:
Parkway House Family Restaurant
3770 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, NC

After Lunch:
Eagle Gun & Range
3789 Roberta Church Rd, Concord, NC

(If anyone has a problem with the date or time let me know, goal is to have as many people as possible attend) Hope to see a few of you come!

---------------------------------------------
Attending:
Jamesm760 +1
G22shooter +1
Reade45
roushstang99+1
Carolina guy
USMCRET

Last edited:

Jamesm760

What tentative time are you planning to hit the range? The wife is working overnights but know she would love to join us.

Well we are meeting for lunch at 12PM and usually get out of there after about 1-2Hrs So the range will be around 1:45pm (rough estimate) I work nights too and I have to leave by 5pm =)

Hope to see you guys out there!

Last edited:

roushstang99

Well we are meeting for lunch at 12PM and usually get out of there after about 1-2Hrs So the range will be around 1:45pm (rough estimate) I work nights too and I have to leave by 5pm =)

Hope to see you guys out there!

We will be there. We are new to OC so it will be nice to get any advice or stories from other OC's.

roushstang99+1

Jamesm760

GETTING READY FOR THE RANGE!!!!! I am buying some ammo in case they are empty at Eagle. If someone has a 1911 I would like to shoot it if possible, I'm going shopping for a new handgun and I'm considering a 1911 (though I've never shot one o_O)

DSCN0060.jpg

Haven't had any luck with 9mm though =/

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Rental guns

Eagle usually has a pretty good selection of pistols to rent. Last time I looked, they charged $10 to rent a pistol & you have to buy ammo from them to shoot through it. They very well may have a 1911 for you to rent.

roushstang99

GETTING READY FOR THE RANGE!!!!! I am buying some ammo in case they are empty at Eagle. If someone has a 1911 I would like to shoot it if possible, I'm going shopping for a new handgun and I'm considering a 1911 (though I've never shot one o_O)

View attachment 10664

I was just at Eagle to try out the S&W sd9ve my wife just bought at the range the other day and it didn't look like they had much 9mm ammo there. Wal-mart was out but Academy Sports had some but they limit it to 2 box's. I have been able to find some online and I think I'm going to go that route. Just have the extra cost of shipping. Try luckygunner.com, I think that's who im going to try. And they kind of break it down to cost per round to which is nice.

Jamesm760

I was just at Eagle to try out the S&W sd9ve my wife just bought at the range the other day and it didn't look like they had much 9mm ammo there. Wal-mart was out but Academy Sports had some but they limit it to 2 box's. I have been able to find some online and I think I'm going to go that route. Just have the extra cost of shipping. Try luckygunner.com, I think that's who im going to try. And they kind of break it down to cost per round to which is nice.

I try not to but online... they always have the prices jacked up. The associate at walmart informed me that I had just missed the 9mm the day before, the 40 and 45 I bought was left overs.... and wally sells their 9mm for around .25 /round, cheapest you can find online is around .50 per round (name brand).. One of these days things will return back to norm.

USMCRET.

View attachment 10664

If I show up.(Im planning on it) You can shoot my Kimber. Try Gander Mountain for ammo I was just in there a few days ago and they had a lot of 250 rd cases. Cant remember the price though.

Jamesm760

USMCRET.

Yea, I have a thing for the Stainless but when I bought the gun I was in Hawaii(Never buy a gun in Hawaii) and they didn't have one in stock. They offered to order one but told me that it would take about 6 months to get!!!!! So I got the Tactical Custom II instead. Been carrying it with me everywhere since.

carolina guy

I try not to but online... they always have the prices jacked up. The associate at walmart informed me that I had just missed the 9mm the day before, the 40 and 45 I bought was left overs.... and wally sells their 9mm for around .25 /round, cheapest you can find online is around .50 per round (name brand).. One of these days things will return back to norm.

If you are in WW and see any extra 9mm...can you snag a box or two for me? :) Seems like the Concord area ones are always out. ;)

Jamesm760

WOW...you must be getting a LOT of OT! Get them before you have kids...I am lucky to have enough to buy lunch anymore. :)

hahaha yea last week I worked 30hrs even of OT.. for the month of Aug. They already scheduled me for 16hrs of OT per week; so I'm going to treat myself to a Kimber at the end of the month. :banana:

If you are in WW and see any extra 9mm...can you snag a box or two for me? :) Seems like the Concord area ones are always out. ;)

Yea... That's really what I've been searching for when I go to WW... I have yet to find some. It's always "we had some yesterday"... WW alaways has them for 23cents/round... everyone else has them for .30/round and people online try to sell for .40/round.

Last edited:

Jamesm760

You can try mine out, I have a Girsan 1911 S.

Thanks.

I'm reconsidering my primary carry. For some reason I didn't like my accuracy with my G23 compared to Carolina Guy's Hi-Power... ever since last meet when we hit the range, the thought of me being way more accurate with a firearm I shot the first time than with a firearm I have put 500+ rounds through, has been bothering me...

Maybe G22Shooter can give me some advice/pointers when we hit the range since he's a G22Shooter ;)

Carolina Guy, what was your honest opinion of my glock since I think you mentioned it was your first time firing one?

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Thanks.

I'm reconsidering my primary carry. For some reason I didn't like my accuracy with my G23 compared to Carolina Guy's Hi-Power... ever since last meet when we hit the range, the thought of me being way more accurate with a firearm I shot the first time than with a firearm I have put 500+ rounds through, has been bothering me...

Maybe G22Shooter can give me some advice/pointers when we hit the range since he's a G22Shooter ;)

Carolina Guy, what was your honest opinion of my glock since I think you mentioned it was your first time firing one?

Well, sure! I can bring a HiPower and a couple of other things for you to try out. One thing that I am really enjoying is shooting 9mm through my G22 with a LoneWolf conversion barrel. It's great to be able to switch from one caliber to the other, based on which one I have on hand and which one was most recently loaded on my press.

:D

Fat-fingered from my Samsung Galaxy TAB2...

carolina guy

Thanks.

James,

I thought your glock was a very good pistol...so I think it gets to personal preference. I tend to like a pistol with a bit of heft...but thats me. I used to have a Norinco 1911 and it was pretty accurate but hit me with the ejected catridges about 50% of the time.