• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Onslow County Cop

WalkingWolf

First off I did not ask you about disorderly conduct, which there was no indication of such in this instance. Provide a citation to such as you made another unsubstantiated claim. Second you do realize that this took place in North Carolina and the laws of other states do not apply here. Because one or two states have felony animal abuse laws(dog fighting) there is nothing cited that it applies to kicking a dog, or a dog in North Carolina. Again you show your complete lack of understanding of due process, law, the legal system, and just a outright lack of knowledge of actually being a LEO.

To be honest I took your original post that I called you out on as YOU making fun, laughing at a very serious situation. This is not the first time I have noticed this sadistic posting. People who enjoy the pain, or inflicting of pain on others should never be a LEO!

Primus

First off I did not ask you about disorderly conduct, which there was no indication of such in this instance. Provide a citation to such as you made another unsubstantiated claim. Second you do realize that this took place in North Carolina and the laws of other states do not apply here. Because one or two states have felony animal abuse laws(dog fighting) there is nothing cited that it applies to kicking a dog, or a dog in North Carolina. Again you show your complete lack of understanding of due process, law, the legal system, and just a outright lack of knowledge of actually being a LEO.

To be honest I took your original post that I called you out on as YOU making fun, laughing at a very serious situation. This is not the first time I have noticed this sadistic posting. People who enjoy the pain, or inflicting of pain on others should never be a LEO!

I love you walking wolf. I was being sincere when I was talking with grapeshot and said that some Law take "contempt of cop" ie. disorderly conduct way too serious and that dogs are rightly more important then any cops feelings which is reflected in some states laws (as cited).

Next time should probably just let the adults speak with each other instead of jumping and twisting things to something its not remotely.

But I concede and will let you have the last word. I'm sure it'll be laced with personal attacks and huffing and puffing and gruffing. Enjoy because I'm done entertaining you in this thread. You have a great day my friend.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

I love you walking wolf. I was being sincere when I was talking with grapeshot and said that some Law take "contempt of cop" ie. disorderly conduct way too serious and that dogs are rightly more important then any cops feelings which is reflected in some states laws (as cited).

Next time should probably just let the adults speak with each other instead of jumping and twisting things to something its not remotely.

But I concede and will let you have the last word. I'm sure it'll be laced with personal attacks and huffing and puffing and gruffing. Enjoy because I'm done entertaining you in this thread. You have a great day my friend.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I don't need personal insults when you speak, above again you whine about being insulted the whole time attempting to insult I. Try to stay on topic for a change and not make stuff up.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
That guy was being a dumbarse, just asking for there to be an issue. He could have gone back in the house, his son could have stayed in the house. He could have just shut up and stopped talking.
Did the deputy have a right to be on his property? Did he call the cops? It's not clear.

Maybe he'll learn and not make the same mistakes in the future.

An "out of control" LEO and you seem to be blaming the victim. "Maybe he'll learn"?

Resto Guy

Just watched the video again.

The woman sheriff needs anger management classes and clearly should not be out on the street serving and protecting..

It appears some officers seem to make simple encounters more difficult then need be. The homeowner did not appear to be a threat, it appears his cell phone/video of the encounter was the threat to the untrained, unqualified woman. She threatened to arrest him and the young man therefore the threat of violence and incarceration upon both man... She appears to be the one making the threats.. If that crazy out of control woman continues to be allow out on the streets with a weapon, well, I fear bad things are going to happen.. She is a disgrace to her uniform!

My .02

CCJ

I contacted her employer last week with similar concerns. No response yet, but not holding my breath waiting.

Bahabandit

I contacted her employer last week with similar concerns. No response yet, but not holding my breath waiting.

You wont be getting a response anytime soon. Onslow County is in the final stages of the county election and the current sheriff has been under alot of fire lately. I am sure this may have hurt any chances of him getting re-elected because there have been people coming out of the woodwork attacking him. I will say that I have done a little research into who this woman is and a buddy of mine knows her. She was a drill instructor in the USMC and if you have dealt with one before you will know what I mean. Most of the time DI's don't know how to turn their "confrontational" mode off and they rub literally everyone the wrong way. I know this because I deal with a former DI everyday at my company office.

Resto Guy

I suppose Mr. Brown is so busy kissing babies that he doesn't have time to reply to my e-mail. Or maybe he's still reading the U.S. Constitution, per my suggestion.

buzzsaw

Nope. He was putting in too much time writing his retirement announcement. There will be a new Sheriff in town come fall election. Maybe a few new deputies too.

Difdi

I would have asked "are you here to arrest me" when answered no, then dropped her, handcuffed her, and dragged her to the DA's office.

Placing her under arrest for violating a notice of trespass and felony assault of course.

And then you would have been jailed. North Carolina is the only state in the US that lacks any form of citizen's arrest whatsoever. Only police have arrest powers there. Anyone else who attempts an arrest is a kidnapper.

bc.cruiser

And then you would have been jailed. North Carolina is the only state in the US that lacks any form of citizen's arrest whatsoever. Only police have arrest powers there. Anyone else who attempts an arrest is a kidnapper.

Should have quit while ahead. Our legal definition of kidnapping would not cover an attempt at making a "citizen's arrest".

§ 14-39. Kidnapping.
(a) Any person who shall unlawfully confine, restrain, or remove from one place to another, any other person 16 years of age or over without the consent of such person, or any other person under the age of 16 years without the consent of a parent or legal custodian of such person, shall be guilty of kidnapping if such confinement, restraint or removal is for the purpose of:
(1) Holding such other person for a ransom or as a hostage or using such other person as a shield; or (2) Facilitating the commission of any felony or facilitating flight of any person following the commission of a felony; or
(3) Doing serious bodily harm to or terrorizing the person so confined, restrained or removed or any other person; or
(4) Holding such other person in involuntary servitude in violation of G.S. 14-43.12.
(5) Trafficking another person with the intent that the other person be held in involuntary servitude or sexual servitude in violation of G.S. 14-43.11.
(6) Subjecting or maintaining such other person for sexual servitude in violation of G.S. 14-43.13.

Even a charge of felonious restraint would not be made unless an attempt was made to move the person.

§ 14-43.3. Felonious restraint.
A person commits the offense of felonious restraint if he unlawfully restrains another person without that person's consent, or the consent of the person's parent or legal custodian if the person is less than 16 years old, and moves the person from the place of the initial restraint by transporting him in a motor vehicle or other conveyance. Violation of this section is a Class F felony. Felonious restraint is considered a lesser included offense of kidnapping. (1985, c. 545, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 1147; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

solus

American Patriot

reading the statues specifically states '...may assist LE...when requested by the officer.'

this is not a citizen's arrest as the citizen has been empowered by the on scene LE.

ipse

Correct there is no citizen's arrest in NC, the two links address when a citizen can Detain another.

solus

Correct there is no citizen's arrest in NC, the two links address when a citizen can Detain another.

reference http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/PDF/BySection/Chapter_15A/GS_15A-404.pdf

well, could you provide insight to this uninformed NC citizen how said private person would detain another? physically restraint? use of a firearm?

finally, could you please provide insight how said: "...private person who detains another must immediately notify a law-enforcement officer and must, unless he releases the person earlier as required by subsection (d), surrender the person detained to the law-enforcement officer." you would accomplish this while holding your detained individual?

one other thought comes to mind, how would you assure an offence has not been committed as outlined in d(1) since you are the one making the initial determining detaining decision as said private person?

ipse