• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thwarted armed robbery at Fayetteville Waffle House

davidmcbeth

Banned
Americans looove their breakfast ...

3323d4f3ffde50abd434dd78daacfe5a.jpg

PATRIOT88

Banned
This would not have yielded such a high risk of patron and staff injury or death, if waffle house allowed arms on their property. Personally, it is better to have range and be safe than get close to an armed madman bare handed. Most punks and criminals cannot shoot that well, so a good amount of distance is best. Once you approach them or close the distance, the risk of getting shot and thus, seriously injured or killed greatly increases. criminals and punks, on average, are only accurate to ten meters or closer.

FBrinson

This would not have yielded such a high risk of patron and staff injury or death, if waffle house allowed arms on their property. Personally, it is better to have range and be safe than get close to an armed madman bare handed. Most punks and criminals cannot shoot that well, so a good amount of distance is best. Once you approach them or close the distance, the risk of getting shot and thus, seriously injured or killed greatly increases. criminals and punks, on average, are only accurate to ten meters or closer.

I Googled 'accuracy of criminals and punks' but could not find any data to support your claim. But I will go along. If criminals and punks are accurate to roughly 30 feet, that's pretty good if they are using a handgun, or BB gun. If criminals and punks are using rifles, then, meh.

Thanks for sharing this insight into criminals and punks. Now I know to stay, on average, ten meters away from criminals and punks.

Last edited:

HPmatt

I Googled 'accuracy of criminals and punks' but could not find any data to support your claim.

Thanks for sharing this insight into criminals and punks. Now I know to stay, on average, ten meters away from criminals and punks.

The Criminal & Punk shooting range accuracy school is by invitation only, as are its statistics...

Chief1297

The story line should read "If you are going to take on a robber with an AK, pray he isn't willing to shoot you when you stand up to him". That should work most of the time...until it doesn't...

solus

a greater question is what would the WH patrons done with the subject if he hadn't gotten away?

or, what would the patrons done if during the struggle over the firearm it discharged hitting and inflicting serious bodily injury or death on an employee or other patron?

sorry ~ stupid move for close quarter drills by civilians...

ipse

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Thrasher-Bruner says Waffle House officials are working with authorities to apprehend the suspect. She says no one at the Fayetteville restaurant is available for comment.
The police deputized the WH officials to join a posse to hunt this BG down?? Don't shoot until you see the white of his eyes.....or Scattered, Smothered, and Covered......