• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where can I get ammo?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
he's a college student... so yeah, i'm guessing he doesn't have much disposable income. keep your eye out at meijer, i haven't been buying any ammo lately because of the shortage and markups (and i'm pretty well stocked up), but the meijer near royal oak/troy usually has .22 and 9mm. last time i looked was last week. the rest of you need to get off your high horses.

Acdrenik

he's a college student... so yeah, i'm guessing he doesn't have much disposable income. keep your eye out at meijer, i haven't been buying any ammo lately because of the shortage and markups (and i'm pretty well stocked up), but the meijer near royal oak/troy usually has .22 and 9mm. last time i looked was last week. the rest of you need to get off your high horses.

Thanks Dan. I will keep checking Meijer in the Royal Oak/Troy area.

mikestilly

Natchez has 223 PMC Bronze in stock $12.99/ box 20 ... It sold out as I added this reply. Click the little icon for it to notify you when it gets in. They've had stock in no 4x in the past 2 weeks. So there is a good chance you can load up. It's definitely not been easy lately to get ammo. Id like to find some cheep 7.62x39 in stock. Not had any luck.

FYI there is a bill out there to ban online ammo sales and the amount of ammo that can be bought at one time. As well as ammo registry and a lot of other total crap in the bill. I once thought no way Obamacare would be law and look what we have today. DOJ gave Obama the green light to target Americans in his kill list. Anything is possible these days and I surely am not sitting around watching.

Last edited:

Acdrenik

I found Ammo

Hey guys I just wanted to pass this along to anyone that was looking for ammo. I went to Taylor Town Center this weekend while OCing and there happened to be a gun show going on! :banana: I was looking at the small selection of ammo and guns that they had to offer and came across a nice man who was selling ALL his ammo at REGULAR PRICE! I was able to purchase about $100 worth of 9mm and .22lr ammo. He has a shop in the Waterford area. PM me if you would like his information.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I have never bought in bulk via mail order. What is average SH costs?

Going from my old and rather feeble memory, shipping depends either on weight or cost of the item. I think the last few times I've ordered it was from around $9.00 to $15.00. Most websites will have a page to figure out shipping cost. If I can't find one, I usually just set up an account and add to my "cart", get an approximate charge, and then remove it from my cart. The few times I've had to do that, the actual shipping has turned out to be a little lower than I was quoted.

If you reload and find powder and primers, there is an aditional "hazardous" item shipping charge, but this is not applicable to ammunition. Also, I usually seem to be able to find a "Free Shipping" or "x% off coupon" that covers shipping if I order from some of the larger companies. For example, the "gunbot" website I referenced currently lists a coupon for "$12.00 off" an order at Sportsman's Guide that would probably cover most, if not all, of the shipping charges from them depending on how much you order.

Also, If you have an FFL (C&R), you may be able to set up a "dealer account" and get the ammo and shipping at a reduced charge. Graf's and Midway do this, I think J&G does too. As an aside, if you don't have a C&R license, I would strongly suggest doing this. I have more than covered the $30 cost by buying items from Midway and Graf's at dealer prices... not to mention that eligible firearms can be shipped directly to your door.

Last edited:

griffin

Doc is right about the coupons. If you order from someplace like Cabellas, they always have coupons for FREE SHIPPING or $20 OFF, sometimes both at the same time (but you can only use one or the other). I only buy from Cabellas when they have a sale, though. Some of their sales are pretty good. I was buying 500 rd cans, normally $229, sale $179, $20 off = $159!

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Doc is right about the coupons. If you order from someplace like Cabellas, they always have coupons for FREE SHIPPING or $20 OFF, sometimes both at the same time (but you can only use one or the other). I only buy from Cabellas when they have a sale, though. Some of their sales are pretty good. I was buying 500 rd cans, normally $229, sale $179, $20 off = $159!

And... http://www.ammoman.com ships it for FREE.... and The Sportsman's Guide MAY have free shipping...copy and enter this coupon code at checkout - SH781 (found at coupon.com/not personally verified)

Last edited:

CuriousCitizen

Is there such thing is $0.10/rd?

Joe Gun gun shop Sanford, Mi has 23,000 rounds of 9MM as of this morning

That is great news. I just wish that had online purchase capability on their website at joegun.net.

Anyways, I have not purchased my first handgun but I'm looking to get a 9mm for sure. So knowing ammo is scarce these days,
I would like to buy them in advance even before my purchase of my handgun. Reason I have not purchased my handgun is that
I am still debating between a XDM, M&P and G19. Most likely im getting the XDM compact and they are sold out everywhere.

Please Help:
1. I am located in the Detroit area, where can I buy the cheapest 9mm ammo near me or (online)?
*note: My friend told me it is possible to get rounds for $0.10/rd if buying in bulk. True or False?

2. All my local FFL dealers (gun shops) have no New XDMc so I want to know where I can find one near me or (online)?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

im buying blazer 9mm luger for 15.99 x 50 rounds @ a 3 box per day limit at a store up in the central flint area & they have alot in stock, but i cant say where exactly because i cant find it anywhere else :lol: everyone keeps buying it up at every other place i try :cuss:

but for what its worth, the gun dealer in Fenton MI is charging $24.99 for 9mm luger scorpion reloads manufactured in the clinton twp area and theres no limit as far as i am aware.

Last edited: