• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good deed for the day / women drivers....

TechnoWeenie

I'm stopping at a light, and notice the car next to me has an iPhone chilling on its roof.

I tap my horn, she looks over... I motion upward...as if pointing to my roof... She doesn't get it...

I hop out, grab the phone off the roof and hand it to her... Luckily it had a rubber case on it, probably the only thing that had kept it from sliding off....

Her response?

'OMG Thank You!...I heard it ringing, and I couldn't find where it was!'

Women drivers.... :lol:

Oh.. and I was OC'ing.... So people saw a normal guy, who happened to be armed, doing a good deed... <---on topic... :D

Deleted_User

Good for you. That's an expensive phone. She'd hear more ringing if she couldn't find it and a $1k bill showed up :confused:

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Yes you did a good deed.... unfortunately now it means she'll be driving with the thing in her ear paying even less attention to the road than merely wondering where it is. :banghead:

dizzle2

Yes you did a good deed.... unfortunately now it means she'll be driving with the thing in her ear paying even less attention to the road than merely wondering where it is. :banghead:

now thats a step forward for OC'ers

Dain Bramage

..armed man, running at me, pointing that he would send me to heaven, I had to plug him, officer.

Yes, ma'am. I'm sure the prosecutor will call it a good shoot. Oh, and we found your phone on the roof. :D

By the way, that is a smilie. Yes, I mean you, Ruby. :D

amlevin

Was she blonde? With Coffee?

blonde-on-cell-phone-while-driving-in-car.jpg

Ruby

..armed man, running at me, pointing that he would send me to heaven, I had to plug him, officer.

Yes, ma'am. I'm sure the prosecutor will call it a good shoot. Oh, and we found your phone on the roof. :D

By the way, that is a smilie. Yes, I mean you, Ruby. :D

Not gonna let me live it down, are you?!?:D

Ruby

I'm stopping at a light, and notice the car next to me has an iPhone chilling on its roof.

I tap my horn, she looks over... I motion upward...as if pointing to my roof... She doesn't get it...

I hop out, grab the phone off the roof and hand it to her... Luckily it had a rubber case on it, probably the only thing that had kept it from sliding off....

Her response?

Oh.. and I was OC'ing.... So people saw a normal guy, who happened to be armed, doing a good deed... <---on topic... :D

Now, now , now, let's not be criticizing women drivers!;) I once found a wallet and checkbook on my street that a man had lost. Turned out he had stopped for gas for his boat, put the wallet and checkbook on the back of the boat and left them there when he took off. Got everything back to him safely. He and his family own a tree farm, so I got a free Chistmas tree that year. And no, I wasn't OCing, I wasn't into guns then. We all have lapses of attention from time to time. I have to admit that I do pay much more attention to my surroundings since I have been carrying.

Good job getting the woman's phone back to her!

Dain Bramage

Not gonna let me live it down, are you?!?:D

At least we made nice over your awesome DW CBOB. You have impeccable taste.

And I left the "women drivers" barb for you ladies to handle. My wife never lets me forget the time I left our expensive restaurant leftovers on the roof of the car, and I am a man, yes I am.

Ruby

At least we made nice over your awesome DW CBOB. You have impeccable taste.

And I left the "women drivers" barb for you ladies to handle. My wife never lets me forget the time I left our expensive restaurant leftovers on the roof of the car, and I am a man, yes I am.

Yes you did and I love that gun. Thank you for the compliment.:)

Dain Bramage

Prosecutor: Why did you shoot the man? Why didn't you just call 911?

Defendant: Because I couldn't find my G** D*** phone!

I love it!

Yes folks, The Lieutenant and Dain will be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses.

TechnoWeenie: you're a good sport and a gentleman.

devildoc5

Her response?

The MOST important question here is did you get HER number?????????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

amlevin

Somewhat on topic, what's the most number of tasks anyone here has witnessed a woman doing while driving in traffic.

Several years ago I was driving on I-5, in slow traffic, and saw a gal talking on her phone, putting on eye shadow, and sipping coffee, between "coats". She then actually pulled on a sweater and then combed her hair. Apparently she was driving with her knees while doing this. Good thing traffic was slow.

What's the worst, or even most interesting you've seen?

Metalhead47

Somewhat on topic, what's the most number of tasks anyone here has witnessed a woman doing while driving in traffic.

Several years ago I was driving on I-5, in slow traffic, and saw a gal talking on her phone, putting on eye shadow, and sipping coffee, between "coats". She then actually pulled on a sweater and then combed her hair. Apparently she was driving with her knees while doing this. Good thing traffic was slow.

Um worst? Probably can't say specifically as this is a family forum.:eek: You see some pretty weird stuff when you're two or three feet above most cars and can see in their open sunroofs, and spend most of your times in the right lane. Truckers must have it even worse.

Let's just say the lady was lonely... and for good reason :shocker:

...And then there was the guy in the low-flying Porche, the victim of his own Karmic bitchslap.

amlevin

You see some pretty weird stuff when you're two or three feet above most cars and can see in their open sunroofs, and spend most of your times in the right lane.

Sounds like some of the stories my wife and I heard when our Son came home from his job managing a "fast food" restaurant. Drive through can be very interesting.

tombrewster421

I have seen a woman reading a book and also one curling her eyelashes. Traffic wasn't so slow either.