• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

guns banned in Pilot MTN

papa bear

i recently ran across this in NCGO forum. it seems true that Pilot Mtn has the power to kick you out or arrest you for carry. im wonder if this is true or does the state have a say in this. i would like to have you opinions, and/or the cites on this. Thanks

§ 96.05 PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES.
The following acts or activities, when performed or
undertaken in conjunction with or as a part of, any
parade, picket line or group demonstration, are hereby
prohibited and declared unlawful:
(A) The carrying on or about the person any
firearm, or any weapon or article, including but not
limited to blackjacks, nightsticks or flashlights which
by their use might constitute a deadly weapon; and
(B) The taking or keeping of any dog or other
vicious animal, whether leashed or unleashed.
('77 Code, § 6-2035) Penalty, see § 10.99

WalkingWolf

Pilot Mountain is a state park, there is NO OC allowed, thanks to the lobbyists. Conceal carry on state parks is allowed with permit.

Run into this problem with Jordan lake state park. The ranger told a soldier that carry was prohibited, I told the soldier the law but the soldier did not have a CHP. Though now I believe he does not need one with the change to LEOSA to include MP. All these special privileges a person needs a playbook.

WalkingWolf

He is talking about the Town of Pilot Mountain which it takes its name from the Pilot Mountain State Park.
The ambiguity is a source of a lot of confusion for people who don't live in the immediate area.

Is the town located within the state park boundaries?

State park boundaries can extend far beyond their appearance. Not sure if that is the case here, but in the case such as Fort Brag reservation the boundaries extend FAR beyond the base. And the base has no firearms signs posted throughout the reservation.

From my travels into that area I believe the park extends to the interstate, possibly beyond. There used to be a sign on the highway, that is a very large area.

Last edited: