• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demanding Action in Oly Friday

LarryM

Always wondering what kind of "action" these so-called "moms" are demanding?

Probably the kind they ain't getting at home.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I think we had 1000 of people sign up to go to their event today. I hope they planned accordingly.

I didnt read about the moms plans until noon friday soooo i wasnt there, but...
I wonder when the 1000 learned about this, and where did they find out about it... guess it was facebook...
And I wonder if some of those 1000 would please write about the meet,
how many of us good guys went?
What were your impressions of the meet, anything special happen?

I am disappointed that this plan of the moms wasnt reposted for us here, in time to boost our attendance...

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I didnt read about the moms plans until noon friday soooo i wasnt there, but...
I wonder when the 1000 learned about this, and where did they find out about it... guess it was facebook...
And I wonder if some of those 1000 would please write about the meet,
how many of us good guys went?
What were your impressions of the meet, anything special happen?

I am disappointed that this plan of the moms wasnt reposted for us here, in time to boost our attendance...
It was posted in events 12/19/2013, you even posted there.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?119230-Olympia-rally-19th
There were about 70 "Moms not getting action" there.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I received this the day before the Moms meet.
the House Chief Clerks Office is considering adopting a policy regarding Open Carry. I haven't seen the specific language, but expect it to prohibit Open Carry in areas of the Capital. I wanted you to be aware.

moms-capitol_zps6d36773e.png

1245A Defender

Dave Workman

I received this the day before the Moms meet.

moms-capitol_zps6d36773e.png

the House Chief Clerks Office is considering adopting a policy regarding Open Carry. I haven't seen the specific language, but expect it to prohibit Open Carry in areas of the Capital. I wanted you to be aware.

Well, at least part of this "may" have been precipitated by the open carry of long guns.

As most folks here know, past appearances by guys with sidearms has hardly caused a batted eyelash with the WSP.

Long guns elicit a completely different reaction. I'll remind people of State v. Spencer, which is explained here pretty well.

Dave Workman

In the chambers.....yes.

Yes, that's correct and it has been long standing policy. I cannot imagine anyone pleading ignorance of this rule.

ADDENDUM: I will be so bold as to suggest that when people consider trotting to Oly, they follow the wise counsel, based on experience and no small amount of grassroots political savvy, from guys like Nick, Bill Starks and Jim Beal.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Yes, that's correct and it has been long standing policy. I cannot imagine anyone pleading ignorance of this rule.

ADDENDUM: I will be so bold as to suggest that when people consider trotting to Oly, they follow the wise counsel, based on experience and no small amount of grassroots political savvy, from guys like Nick, Bill Starks and Jim Beal.

They didn't plead ignorance, they knew signs were banned, the MDA wanted to make a point.

"no signs but guns are OK"

of course, signs are banned simply for decorum, you can wear a button or patch or pin. just like you can wear a handgun, but someone might stop you if you try wheeling a cannon into the gallery....

Be smart when visiting Olympia people, last thing we need is an incident in the capitol. the legislature tolerates guns for now, if an incident happens they won't bat an eye to ban it.

Jeff Hayes

Several of us tried to offer some advice and were promptly chastised.

IMHO long gun carry at the capitol is going to end up causing restrictions. At every past rally the organizers Jim, Nick Bill and others have asked people to leave the long guns home. Every time there is a group that pitches a fit about their "rights" and does it any way, IMHO they are a really big problem for normalizing open carry.

The other problem is the people that spend their time and money to put on the rallies and then make a simple request are getting more and more reluctant to go to the effort because of the lack of respect and the continual complaining about how things are being done. The complaining IMO is for the most part being done by people that contribute nothing to the effort to put on the rallies. These people have chased off the very people that were doing the heavy lifting not to mention they are also the same people that were leading the charge the ones that OC daily not just too a political event.

Folks we are and have been shooting our selves in the foot we need to get a lot smarter and a lot more united if we are going to continue win this war.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

IMHO long gun carry at the capitol is going to end up causing restrictions. At every past rally the organizers Jim, Nick Bill and others have asked people to leave the long guns home. Every time there is a group that pitches a fit about their "rights" and does it any way, IMHO they are a really big problem for normalizing open carry.

The other problem is the people that spend their time and money to put on the rallies and then make a simple request are getting more and more reluctant to go to the effort because of the lack of respect and the continual complaining about how things are being done. The complaining IMO is for the most part being done by people that contribute nothing to the effort to put on the rallies. These people have chased off the very people that were doing the heavy lifting not to mention they are also the same people that were leading the charge the ones that OC daily not just too a political event.

Folks we are and have been shooting our selves in the foot we need to get a lot smarter and a lot more united if we are going to continue win this war.

My only complaint with the rifles is the people who bring them and then start handling them around or muzzle flagging people. there seems to be at least 5 or 6 people who seem to have a magnetic attraction to sweeping their muzzle places where it shouldn't go, it's very frustrating, but what can you do about it?

there seems to be people who need a safety refresher at every event....

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

IMHO [strike]long gun[/strike] open carry at the capitol is going to end up causing restrictions.

Change "long gun" to "open" and your logic of your argument is unaffected.

Last edited: